Is it wise to even buy a dredge these days?

Eric Willoughby

Jun 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
Currently Pilfered!
Upvote 0

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
i think so! i have two dredges (2 in. proline/4 in home built with air)now and im planning on building a third unless i can find a 2.5/3 inch proline with air at a reasonable price!

Seamuss

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2009
Found under a rock, in Washington State.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Scorpion, Garrett pro pointer
The states are shutting down our dredging and we need the dredge manufacturing companies in legislature to help us keep dredging open for us.
I let the manufacturing companies in California know that I will be purchasing someone else's product if they did not want to be in OUR corner on this issue. Will time is up any so is my business with their product.

I hope they can tool their shop to make other things.

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
gold bug pro,garret,whites,tesoro,bounty-hunter,,.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey capt crunch,congrats on the dredge.i heard you met chris -he said you had a nice rig,even got a little luck with it.he knows the tes pretty good and is alright for a crane operator :laughing9:l.o.l.

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Part of our problem is that, most of us have other things that we have to do (like making a living), so we don't have 100% of our time to write to representatives and such, and follow all these new regulations in every state, or to be going to meetings (which all seem to be timed for the working stiff NOT to attend), etc.

So, we resort to email. But, I was just reading an little article on one of the government sites (I think California's, but not positive - I was researching California, Montana, Oregon and Idaho). Anyway, it said that your local representative is more likely to read a letter that is handwritten (yes, still in this day and age). It said from the President on down, staff members get the emails, peruse them and pick out about 1 out of 100. In handwritten letters, its about 1 out of 10. (depending on the state or the government agency).

So, I do believe I will go buy some new stationary and a pen.

B

PS: South Dakota said they rarely pay attention to emailed petitions, but always look at petitions that are hand signed.

lildave

Dec 26, 2007
Arkansas,California,Texas,Louisiana
Detector(s) used
BH101.Whites MXT,Torsero comp
well if you would like to dredge and you are willing to invest in a combo it will save you in the long run if they bann dredging al together, i have a brand new high banker up for sale right now,and you can always use a high banker if they pull the tickets on dredging. the ad is listed in the clasified section, under wanna trade, or up for sale.let me know if you may be interested.

Attachments

• daves high banker.JPG
    daves high banker.JPG
    43.7 KB · Views: 414

beaks

Jul 8, 2008
texas
Detector(s) used
garrett 2500
they will have to pry that suction nozzle out of my cold dead hands to stop me from dredging (which is my god given right)

on the third day god said "let there be prospecters" and he saw it was all good

on the seventh day he dug a hole and found a little gold that was the color of the sun (that is why we call it sunday) and he said let there be dredging.

LOL

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's what we do with our high-banker - a board and a couple of inner-tubes - and she is a dredge. (she is a great high-banker, too.)

B

OP
OP
Eric Willoughby

Eric Willoughby

Jun 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
Currently Pilfered!
strickman said:
hey capt crunch,congrats on the dredge.i heard you met chris -he said you had a nice rig,even got a little luck with it.he knows the tes pretty good and is alright for a crane operator :laughing9:l.o.l.

Hey there Strickman, yeah Chris told me about knowing you. I have learned quite a bit from Chris, he's a pretty cool cat in my book, we now meet every weekend to dredge our area of the Tes, and have this cool little Chinese buffet that we go to eat at and discuss the day's events. I hope to be able to meet you in person as well one day soon.

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
gold bug pro,garret,whites,tesoro,bounty-hunter,,.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i'm sure we will .i wan't to go sat. but they are trying to get me to work.i saw chris last night he came up to hear my band play at a local bar.we talked about going this weekend-he also said the water was very high and very stained.

jreed06

Tenderfoot
May 28, 2012
I think its messed up they say we the people decide. For example with the president we cannot just choose anyone we want because of the fact we might elect some idiot ( like that doesn't already happen haha) we get to vote from who the electoral college deems. I think if this is the case people who have no idea what they are talking about when it comes to mining should not fu***** count! Now that I have that off my chest, don't give up because if this battle is lost by the miners it will only bring us one step closer to agenda 21. Trust me when I say this I'm not braging, I hate people who brag about being in the military for attention( if you wanted attention you should have been a f ing actor) but I did my time went to iraq for someone else bullshit economic gain when we did it for our country. I'm not gonna be told where I have to live and when and how to wipe my a** if we give up on this its a matter of time before we should just give up on everything and say put the computer chip in and give me a barcode master!

minerjoe

Nov 9, 2007
Detector(s) used
ZED,2300,4500,t2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I started dredging about 20years ago on the klamath. I never thought they would take it away. I now have a job that i have to protect, but they are trying to take my railroad retirement to pay off SS. If they do that, my dredges 3,4,5, will float once again. I cant stand living in california... To all of you guys back east, fight for what you have because the wave IS coming.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions