Gold Vac

shepcal

Mar 19, 2003
Oakhurst,CA
Detector(s) used
modded 4500, CTX30-30, Gold Monster1000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Do a search on here and other gold forums. I looked at different ideas and just built one. Have troubles w/ old 2 strokes, so bought a new Huskavarna blower (265???). Sealed and mounted it to a pool chemical bucket lid. 2/3's the way up on the bucket, cut a hole and siliconed a fitting for my hose w/ a 90 on the inside. The hose I use is I believe 1 1/2". It's all really simple.

OP
OP
spawn00x

spawn00x

Jan 25, 2009
El Paso Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-terra 70
Thanks for the tips...

shepcal said:
Do a search on here and other gold forums. I looked at different ideas and just built one. Have troubles w/ old 2 strokes, so bought a new Huskavarna blower (265???). Sealed and mounted it to a pool chemical bucket lid. 2/3's the way up on the bucket, cut a hole and siliconed a fitting for my hose w/ a 90 on the inside. The hose I use is I believe 1 1/2". It's all really simple.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is a pic of the one I made a couple of years ago.
Homelite blower
Rubber connector from home depot
Lid from 5gal bucket

Attachments

• vac.jpg
    vac.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 323
  • vac.jpg
    vac.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 319
OP
OP
spawn00x

spawn00x

Jan 25, 2009
El Paso Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-terra 70
Nice!

GoodyGuy said:
Here is a pic of the one I made a couple of years ago.
Homelite blower
Rubber connector from home depot
Lid from 5gal bucket

arizonaames

Dec 13, 2008
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MXT, TDI, Whites Dual Field, Goldmaster VSAT, Fisher CZ 21
spawn00x said:
Hi,
I am interested in building my own gold vac, and was wondering if anyone new how to build one or if anyone new of a website that would show me.
Thanks in Advance,

Art

I have pictures and instruction on here somewhere and on my yahoo blog...goldhunting. I used mine in northern CA and NV the last few months and it was fantastic. Total cost.....$30...jim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions