Light backpack sluice, your favorite?

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Le Trap--couple a pounds,runs in any water situation,can be converted to a hi-banker down the line if you continue mining--newbie rate is 60% throw in the towel within a year as MUCH HARD LABOR and rules/regs now insane-John

Sackett

Feb 20, 2011
Greenwood, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 500 (need a new/better one)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Angus MacKirk I use the "Expedition" and love it...Clean up takes, well approximately 30 seconds...Very light as it is made of some type of polymer material, may be plastic, but very tough and light!!! Good Luck!! I'm headed to the creek this afternoon with my grandson to stick my MacKirk into the water!

Astrobouncer

Jun 21, 2009
I like the smaller angus mckirks for back packing into remote locations as well.

However, the Bazooka gold trap is pretty awesome for remote production without mechanical equipment. You don't even have to bring a classifier or pan, and it is very light weight. All you need is a bucket (for the cleanup but you could even use a 14 inch pan for this as well) and a shovel and you can set it up anywhere with decent water and process at least half a cubic yard an hour. With faster moving water you can process even more material. If you gold is only fines zip tie a 8 mesh screen on the bazooka grizzly and you can shovel for hours without needing a cleanup.

prospectordamon

Mar 31, 2011
Detector(s) used
White's MXT/6X10 DD Coil/950 Coil
i use the ez-sluice by JOBE, good little sluice and feather-lite!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread