Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2011
    6 times

Classifier build ideas

I have a gold cube and everything needs to be classified down to at least 1/8. I do have 1/2 1/4 and 1/8 bucket classifiers, but the back cant take it to break it down to 1/8. Does anyone have any ideas on a grizzly type setup for 1/8 classification. The places i work have real fine gold so im not worried about losing big pieces, they are not there to lose.

2. # ADS
    Ads

TreasureNet.com is the premier Treasure Hunting Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

us
    Aug 2010
    Texas
    H3 element detector, JeoHunter Dual 3-D Imaging Detector
    8 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Re: Classifier build ideas

Back in the day.....

I used a common utility sink... one you'd find next to a washer and dryer.. I tied 1/8 screen over the top...I tried several ways of securing it...The best I had, was to fashion of frame of wood...of 2x2... that would fit tightly around the top, but under the top lip of the utility sink and secured the screen to the 2x2 with screws..and the screw the wood tightly around the sink top...

Now just shovel in some cons...and a small flow of water from the garden hose....once you've completed washing your cons... pull the plug and wash the 1/8 in minus flow into the bucket and take it to the cube...

When the screen wears out.. it is really easy to change....using this method...

That's what I did.. but I am sure there are so many different ideas...

Good luck..

Klondike

jog
    us
    jog

Nov 2008
    Tillamook Oregon
    Whites MXT / GMT
    222 times

Klondikeike,
    That sounds like a great idea, would it work to run the cons straight to the cube from the sink drain? Might depend on water flow. Just a thought.
    Those Who Say It Can't Be Done Shouldn't Interupt Those That Are Doing It.

us
    Aug 2010
    Texas
    H3 element detector, JeoHunter Dual 3-D Imaging Detector
    8 times

Thanks JOG..

It worked good for what it was...

I think you would have too much water in the tub and the flow would be too high...to directly to a cube...or any other simple recovery system...

I had made a set of screens...1/2 in...1/4 in... and 1/8 in....

Back in the day didn't have all the technology we have today.. so doing this was really easy, fast and made panning each classification really easy...

Try to find a used plastic or composite utility sink at a garage sale... some new ones can be kind of spendy... if a garage sale one doesn't have legs, you can buy new ones at a place like Home Depot...

I built a short wood stand for it so a 5 Gal bucket would fit under the sink easily ...and screwed the sink legs down to the stand....

Klondike...

Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2011
    6 times

Here is what I came up with. Its grizzly style classifier that im going to setup over a tub on an angle. It classifies to 3/16 which is good for the gold cube. I have run 1/4 throught the cube and it still grabs the gold so the 3/16 should be fine. I'm going to add a spray bar to it also. Let me know what you guys think. I have about $15 invested in it so far.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo.JPG 
Views:	420 
Size:	136.7 KB 
ID:	544959  

Charter Member
    us
    When you get Tired of the every day grind you turn to a place an time to slow down. Gold prospecting a way of life...

Oct 2010
    Alabama/ Ohio
    GTI-2500, Whites V3, xplorer XS Cortes & XLT cibola ) Now using a Xterra 705, Tesoro Tiger shark and XLT
    46 times

this will work get you a 12 volt 300 to 500 gpm water pump and when you do your spray bars drill it at maybe a 1/16 inch spray hole I drilled mine at an 1/8 inch holes and it blows the material off my classifier

Charter Member
    us
    I can dig it! "WP"

Mar 2007
    Bounty Hunter's, Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, L-rods
    1408 times

Quote Originally Posted by mu50stang
    Here is what I came up with. Its grizzly style classifier that im going to setup over a tub on an angle. It classifies to 3/16 which is good for the gold cube. I have run 1/4 throught the cube and it still grabs the gold so the 3/16 should be fine. I'm going to add a spray bar to it also. Let me know what you guys think. I have about $15 invested in it so far.

You are going to get long flat pieces through those conduit bars without a screen over them.
    Which is typical of the bar type grizzly's.

They could possibly lodge in the gold cube traps
    Not recommended to run over 1/8" material in the gold cube for best results.

Here is one way to classify into the cube:

Personally I would not have run more than the recommended 1100 gal per hr water into the gold cube.
    ~Diggin The Adventure~
    Visit My Personal Forum Pages

us
    Feb 2011
    lodi

Brilliant idea

Sponsors