Sluicing or Dry Washing from home. How much Gold do we lose out in the field ?

OKIE

Jan 8, 2012
Iron Station, NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So what was the results of your test?? I always just figured that I was never losing any GOLD, cuz when I think about the gold that got away, I loose WAY more SLEEP than I did gold....but don't get me wrong there are many other things about prospecting that I loose SLEEP over....LOL
God Bless
OKIE

OP
OP
Ashman

Ashman

Apr 11, 2012
Sun City Cali
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro & F75-SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still processing it all through my classifiers and hoping to run the second load of dirt here shortly in the next hour or so. Hope to have a second video up shortly as well of the gold I did get from my first run. There is a few pickers but not going to able to run all the smaller stuff through the blue bowel till later tonight or tomorrow. I am sure we all lose the super fine stuff I am more interested and wondering about if were losing anything bigger then that. :)....

OP
OP
Ashman

Ashman

Apr 11, 2012
Sun City Cali
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro & F75-SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok I updated the video above with the processing from start to finish going to start run number 2 now.

OKIE

Jan 8, 2012
Iron Station, NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ashman, In your video it show's 3 pieces of gold at the VERY BOTTOM of your sluice box.... ummm that's not GOOD...LOL.... the problem I see with your set up is your sluice boxes are set up TOO STEEP. Those 3 pieces of gold shouldn't have made it past the first 3 riffles in a controlled setting, if those bigger pieces made it down that far I'm sure the smaller stuff washed on out as well. On the length of ur box NOT counting ur flair you should have a 1" to 1 1/2" drop per foot of of your box. It looks like ur box is 3' long AFTER the flair so you should have a 3" to 4.5" drop on BOTH of your boxes. I'm not bashing you at all I just want to help. I hope this will help you out in further testing, and if so maybe you wont loose any more sleep.... or gold...:icon_thumleft:
Best of luck to ya, and keep me posted please

God Bless

OKIE

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread