First dredging trip of the year

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My son and I got up to the Colorado rockies for some dredge time in the Arkansas river the first weekend of July. My boy has his own wetsuit, which he was determined to try but the Ark was just too cold for him! He had to settle for being the tender for the 2 days we dredged. I felt bad, he loves to get on the nozzle! But he still had fun so it was OK. Heck, I was getting cold in my drysuit!
I will say that hiking a 4 inch dredge down and back up a hill at 7000 feet SUCKS more than my dredge. I am going to create an off-road wheel system so I can drag or winch it it up and down instead of carrying it in peices.

Here is some video from that weekend. I still haven't cleaned my cons so that will have to come later. With almost 5 gallons of mostly black sands it won't be an easy job!

Upvote 0

hunter_46356

Feb 12, 2012
Indiana/Florida
Detector(s) used
NOx 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice video, like the underwater shots..... just waitin for a nugget to pop out. Wish someone would have got me into prospectin when I was your sons age. Can't wait for the clean up.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Jason to help resolve your problem with the hole caveing in on you, you need to open up the top of your hole by cascadeing the sides like the open pit guys do with their mines. this will help eleiminate the caveing issues. thanks for the video!

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
Great video, and the gold, is the time you spent out on the river with your son:icon_thumleft:

victorysgold

Feb 24, 2008
Durham, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 3.2, Garrett Propointer II,
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
This is a great hobby to share with your son, he will never forget it.

okbasspro

Jan 14, 2012
Chickasha,Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Great video Jason I am hoping for a trip to Colorado post pics of the cleanup.I have been looking into getting a claim there.For the time being I will be chasing the Oklahoma gold a couple times a month.

Happy Hunting

OKIE

Jan 8, 2012
Iron Station, NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice video Jason, glad to see fellow OKIE's at work! I know your son had a BLAST!!! :icon_thumright:
God Bless
OKIE

OP
OP
Jason in Enid

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jason to help resolve your problem with the hole caveing in on you, you need to open up the top of your hole by cascadeing the sides like the open pit guys do with their mines. this will help eleiminate the caveing issues. thanks for the video!

I was running out of room for the tailings. I need to work a staged attack at first dredging out a pit to move the tailings into so I can keep working.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
i keep my tailings to the rear/side of my hole im dredgeing and keep the tailings in the faster part of the stream to help keep them piles down to a roar.your dredge tender should be working the piles to keep them down,and shovel them if need be!

TAKODA

Aug 19, 2008
Alabama
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Good time . Like your boys Tshirt :icon_thumright: .
Hope yall finish out good off your trip .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread