Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree8Likes
  • 3 Post By 0121stockpicker
  • 2 Post By Jason in Enid
  • 1 Post By Goodyguy
  • 1 Post By Ben Cartwright SASS
  • 1 Post By freddy williams

Thread: $100,000.00 for watching Gold Rush!

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    I can dig it! "WP"

Mar 2007
    Bounty Hunter's, Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Suction Dredges, Hand Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Gold Pans, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4 Wave table, etc.
    1872 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

$100,000.00 for watching Gold Rush!

I sincerely hope someone on T-net wins the cash!

All you have to do is watch the season premiere of Gold Rush on Friday, Oct. 26, at 9/8c — which you were probably going to do anyway, right? — and watch for a special code for your chance to win.

So register below, see a sneak peek of the all-new season of Gold Rush, then be sure to tune in on Friday, Oct. 26, at 9/8c.
    See you there.

SWEEPSTAKES: REGISTER FOR THE GOLD RUSH GIVEAWAY
    VIDEO: SNEAK PEEK AT THE NEW SEASON

Last edited by Goodyguy; Oct 06, 2012 at 08:20 PM.
    ~Diggin The Adventure~
    Visit My Personal Forum Pages

us
    Aug 2012
    MA
    629 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Hopefully the folks in the show can play as they are the ones that seem to really need the money!! If you do the math, the economics in that show just does not work. Way too much heavy equipment and people needed for way too little gold. I think they could actually find more gold and make more money if they all got MDs and looked for jewelry on the beach!! Or went hunting for aluminum in trash cans!
    austin, GreenMeanie and bman3725 like this.

us
    Oct 2009
    1906 times
    That show is such crap should would have to pay people to watch.
    austin and GreenMeanie like this.

us
    May 2012
    Kent, Wa.
    97 times
    Prospecting
    I like the show for what it is, ”someone elses adventure”

May 2005
    St. Louis, missouri
    701 times
    if they are all wearing sunglass' ill know for sure they have been paid off!

Charter Member
    us
    I can dig it! "WP"

Mar 2007
    Bounty Hunter's, Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Suction Dredges, Hand Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Gold Pans, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4 Wave table, etc.
    1872 times
    Fingers Crossed that one of us wins all the GOLD thats in the "GLORY HOLE"!
    GrayCloud likes this.
    ~Diggin The Adventure~
    Visit My Personal Forum Pages

us
    Aug 2012
    Massachusetts
    Whites, Garrett
    53 times
    Gold Panning, Metal detecting, beach combing, shooting, photography, genealogy, gardening
    Quote Originally Posted by 0121stockpicker View Post
    Hopefully the folks in the show can play as they are the ones that seem to really need the money!! If you do the math, the economics in that show just does not work. Way too much heavy equipment and people needed for way too little gold. I think they could actually find more gold and make more money if they all got MDs and looked for jewelry on the beach!! Or went hunting for aluminum in trash cans!
    I enjoy the show, percentage wise is it any worse than how I prospect? I have a $15,000 car, 3 sluices (cost about $300 total), several pans ($60), classifiers ($100), shovels ($30), Wolf Trap scoop ($50), 3 metal detectors ($2,000), misc $200 and it costs me $60 in gas and tolls everytime I go up north.
    So far in 3 trips this year I have found about $20 maybe $30 worth of gold. OH and I got another $10 worth of river gravel that I put on the sides of driveway where the rain washed away some dirt (I sluiced it 3 times). On a percentage basis they are doing better than I am.
    Of course I am doing it as a hobby, when I played golf I never worried about did I get my money back and I really don't know, they are doing it to make a living.
    Oh one more thing, one year when I used to MD heavily I kept track of the hours I spent and the money I made, I averaged 35 cents an hour, but of course I didn't figure in the cost of batteries and the cost of gas to get to the sites, then I would have lost money.
    GrayCloud likes this.
    Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #59

"Free advice is seldom cheap"

Best find, 2 rolls of Walking Liberty Halves in bunch of 32 CWR

us
    May 2008
    Wisconsin
    GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
    578 times
    Quote Originally Posted by phishisgroovin View Post
    I like the show for what it is, ”someone elses adventure”
    Well, as someone that works around heavy machinery, that show is someone elses , , , something. I just hope these guys don't get hurt.
    "A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything." Friedrich Nietzsche

"You ask where I live. I cannot tell you. I am a Voyageur, a Chicot, sir. I live everywhere. My grandfather was a voyageur; he died while on a voyage. My father was a voyageur; he died while on a voyage. I will also die while en route, and another Chicot will take my place. Such is our course of life."

us
    When you get Tired of the every day grind you turn to a place an time to slow down. Gold prospecting a way of life...

Oct 2010
    Alabama/ Ohio
    GTI-2500, Whites V3, xplorer XS Cortes & XLT cibola ) Now using a Xterra 705, Tesoro Tiger shark and XLT
    46 times
    All you need is the determination to strike gold willing to chance thousands of dollars the first couple years the Claim and heavey equipment to operate the claim and help... Then hope you strike a nice mother load to keep you a float a few more years... HH am still looking for the ellusive gold myself so Keep on looking and if you let the fact that everytime you go prospecting or detecting your loosing money you won't have fun, but instead get a positive mindset that today you will find gold have fun, enjoy life for a change not worring about loosing money. HH
    bman3725 likes this.

Mar 2011
    101 times
    Did you see the equipement Ted was standing infront of in the first episode last night ? OMG. Next season he'll be using thermo nuclear weapons to dig for gold. LOL. Anybody who believes these guys are funding this operation by using credit cards and taking out mortages on their houses is smoking crack. Come on ! The Discovery Channel is bank rolling everything.

us
    Aug 2012
    Massachusetts
    Whites, Garrett
    53 times
    Gold Panning, Metal detecting, beach combing, shooting, photography, genealogy, gardening
    Mel Fisher when I was looking for the Atocha used to say "todays the day"

I agree which is why I am heading into the path of the hurricane tomorrow to go panning. I am heading to check out a new stream that I can't find anyone who has even checked it out. I have a few hour window to get in and out.
    Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #59

"Free advice is seldom cheap"

Best find, 2 rolls of Walking Liberty Halves in bunch of 32 CWR

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors