will pay someone and respect their land to pan and of sluice claim n cal.

juneaupanner

Sep 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey I'm trying to not claim jump and beable to work some ground a bit. I would like to beable to camp if possible sluice & or panduring this weekend or next. willing to pay, join and buy gas ect. Also give my input on where gold is on your claim. I live in juneau AK i am 30and have ten years self taught prospecting experience.

Upvote 0

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:
OP
OP
J

juneaupanner

Sep 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've looked at that howeve I would rather work something that is not so well known I would pay about the same if not more for a day or two at someone elses spot. I leave on the 15th btw

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You can use LR2000 on BLM's website, find an area that you like, check to see who has a claim on it, write them and see if they are willing to share.

:)

trinityau

Jan 20, 2010
Redding, Ca
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, GP 3000 modified
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
LR2000 does not work and has not been updated for two years or so, same with GeoCommunicator. Let us know where you are willing to travel to. PM me,TRINITYAU/RAYMILLS

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey jp, trinityau is one of the good oldtimers on here. Suggest you contact him.

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
TrinityAu is correct, you might find one on BLM that you like, call and it and it could be already claimed, just gotta call.
He is a good guy, been meaning to head out with him a few times but just cant get away, havnt even been able to get out for an hour to snipe alone. :(

OP
OP
J

juneaupanner

Sep 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well we went to the Smith today it was a very long drive there and back spent all day pulling over creviceing hard packed cracks and doing random pans found black wand in every pan but not a speck of gold even in pans loaded with black sand. I think were going to the trinity in the morning.

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Rats--that's too bad. I hope you find something better before you're done your trip.

All the best,

Lanny

OP
OP
J

juneaupanner

Sep 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks lanny were heading over to the blm to get the scoop. I was suprised to not find a single speck. I haven't been skunked on a gold bearing stream ever. There is one thing i noticed tho there was hardly any quartz anywhere we tried. I am used to seeing allot of quartz in gold zones.

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'll bet you're not used to getting skunked--neither am I, but I have been when I've entered an entirely new area and been unfamiliar with the local intricacies of the deposition of the gold. And, having been in Alaska chasing the gold, I hear you when you talk about the abundance of quartz. On a side note, I was in no way skunked while I was in Alaska--I couldn't believe how easy it was to find gold when I was there. You've got a great playground for prospectors.

All the best, and I'm sure you'll find some gold before you're done,

Lanny

OP
OP
J

juneaupanner

Sep 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well went out today found 2 salt grain sized peices of flour. Found many gold claims and hardly any open ground I wanted to let the small peices I found to "grow up" but being that its my first cal gold I couldn't bring myself to it.... Btw I found the 2 specks way above the rivers level maybe 300' above the highway witch was 100' above the river. On a flat peice of bedrock witch had old river gravel right above it. I figure it seeped from the bench deposit however I didn't find anything in the bench with the 3 pand I did.

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If you head back to the Trinity try to stop by Big French Creek.
There are a ton of claims up that way but its not all claimed up.

The campgrounds are in Rainbow's (Rainbow 1, Rainbow 2, Rainbow 3 and so on.)
About a half miles hike up past the end of the road there is a great fishing hole that is an old dredgers hole below a waterfall. :)

I had fished that creek for years, never checked it for gold though.

delnorter

Oct 28, 2008
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Take up Ray Mills (Trinityau) on his offer of help by sending him a message through the forum. He and Hoser John put me on a couple good spots 2 weeks ago on the Trinity River.

Also, did you try the spot I suggested on the South Fork of the Smith River? I have never not found gold there.

I hope you have a great time and find some gold. I really enjoyed my trip along the Trinity River. Found a little gold then met my son and went to the Auburn area and found a little more.

Take care,
Mike

Well went out today found 2 salt grain sized peices of flour. Found many gold claims and hardly any open ground I wanted to let the small peices I found to "grow up" but being that its my first cal gold I couldn't bring myself to it.... Btw I found the 2 specks way above the rivers level maybe 300' above the highway witch was 100' above the river. On a flat peice of bedrock witch had old river gravel right above it. I figure it seeped from the bench deposit however I didn't find anything in the bench with the 3 pand I did.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread