Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: prospecting partner in tucson area

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    ky gold

Jun 2010
    ky
    Minelab e-trac, tesoro tejon, garret infinium ls

prospecting partner in tucson area

Is there anyone who can get out a couple days at a time this Winter to prospect with me in the tucson area? I spent last Winter prospecting alone most of the time and didn't care for it too much when I was close to the border. I carry a 357 and ar with me for protect but it would be nice to have an extra set of eyes and guns with me. I'll be heading back out that way end of Nov.
    Thanks, Tony

us
    Minning Tools: 12" Trommel, Royal Drywasher, Viper-Vac, Miller Table, Blue Bowl, Footprints, Google Earth, These Are Just Tools As You Still Have To Be On The Gold

Sep 2012
    Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting in the southwest?
    Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
    2184 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by ky gold View Post
    Is there anyone who can get out a couple days at a time this Winter to prospect with me in the tucson area? I spent last Winter prospecting alone most of the time and didn't care for it too much when I was close to the border. I carry a 357 and ar with me for protect but it would be nice to have an extra set of eyes and guns with me. I'll be heading back out that way end of Nov.
    Thanks, Tony
    Hey Tony I am knew to prospecting but not knew to the outdoors. I too live in Tucson and hear your concerns along the border. October, November, and December are all hunting season months and also when its a high time for those you don't want to run into while out in the mountains. I am in the process of get gear together. I like the idea down south but I am going to avoid it. Living on the far eastside of Tucson I am planning on checking out the Catalina's.
    Lanny in AB likes this.
    “He who builds their own equipment has a better understanding of what works and what does not work”

Charter Member
    us
    Come out from under your bed today...... DO SOMETHING!

Jun 2008
    Yarnell, AZ
    Ace 250 (2), Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Falcon MD20, Garrett pinpointer.
    7063 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Ky. I think I can help you out. When will you be here? I plan on being up at the RV the end of Nov. Maybe we can work something out. I can't be there all winter but can probably buddy-up for a week or so. I can still hit a B27 at 300 yards with my mini-14. It will also give me a chance to scout the Tucson area. Will be a new area for me. PM or e-mail. terry_cieszki@yahoo.com (don't forget the underline between the first and last name) TTC
    Lanny in AB likes this.
    I love the smell of HOPPE'S no.9 in the morning!

us
    I can dig it! "WP"

Mar 2007
    Arizona
    Bounty Hunter's, Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Suction Dredges, Hand Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Gold Pans, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4 Shaker table etc
    4121 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    So there's a hunting season for illegals crossing the border? I want in on that one
    Fullpan and TerryC like this.

Charter Member
    us

Jun 2008
    Yarnell, AZ
    Ace 250 (2), Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Falcon MD20, Garrett pinpointer.
    7063 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Goodyguy View Post
    So there's a hunting season for illegals crossing the border? I want in on that one
    A certain biker group offered their help to AZ, pro gratus. They were turned down. I can understand the liability factor. Even if unarmed, a few thousand "listening posts" with radios would go a long way in taking back our state of Arizona. TTC

us
    I can dig it! "WP"

Mar 2007
    Arizona
    Bounty Hunter's, Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Suction Dredges, Hand Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Gold Pans, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4 Shaker table etc
    4121 times
    I hear you Terry. But I'm not going anywhere near that border unarmed.

Charter Member
    us

Jun 2008
    Yarnell, AZ
    7063 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    I hear you Terry. But I'm not going anywhere near that border unarmed.
    I would not be that close to the border unarmed either. What I meant was the Listening posts could be armed, for self defense, but would not have a blocking force status.... just observation and report. TTC

us
    Minning Tools: 12" Trommel, Royal Drywasher, Viper-Vac, Miller Table, Blue Bowl, Footprints, Google Earth, These Are Just Tools As You Still Have To Be On The Gold

Sep 2012
    Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
    2184 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by TerryC View Post
    Ky. I think I can help you out. When will you be here? I plan on being up at the RV the end of Nov. Maybe we can work something out. I can't be there all winter but can probably buddy-up for a week or so. I can still hit a B27 at 300 yards with my mini-14. It will also give me a chance to scout the Tucson area. Will be a new area for me. PM or e-mail. terry_cieszki@yahoo.com (don't forget the underline between the first and last name) TTC
    Terry, I have a 300 mag bull barrel riffle outfitted with with 6.5 to 20 power Leopold scope that is a tac driver at 500 yards. The problem down south is these criminals are watching you. I sit behind a pair of 15x60 Zeiss Binoculars on a tripod and have found these mule trains walking the bottom of the canyons. 36B was my favorite unit and this is in gold country. South of Pena Blanca lake is gold country with claims all over, but the drug cartel are moving their loads on the backs of these border crossers and leaving these packs under trees. You can bet those retrieving the packs are nearby and are very well armed. It’s a very well organized operation that you don’t want to get in the middle of. Some packs have the goods and some packs have the cash you just don’t want to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.
    Last edited by AzViper; Oct 23, 2012 at 07:13 PM.
    TerryC and Lanny in AB like this.
    “He who builds their own equipment has a better understanding of what works and what does not work”

Charter Member
    us

Jun 2008
    Yarnell, AZ
    7063 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by AzViper View Post
    Terry, I have a 300 mag bull barrel riffle outfitted with with 6.5 to 20 power Leopold scope that is a tac driver at 500 yards. The problem down south is these criminals are watching you. I sit behind a pair of 15x60 Zeiss Binoculars on a tripod and have found these mule trains walking the bottom of the canyons. 36B was my favorite unit and this is in gold country. South of Pena Blanca lake is gold country with claims all over, but the drug cartel are moving their loads on the backs of these border crossers and leaving these packs under trees. You can bet those retrieving the packs are nearby and are very well armed. It’s a very well organized operation that you don’t want to get in the middle of. Some packs have the goods and some packs have the cash you just don’t want to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.
    Hey AZ, good to see someone still likes to shoot! My favorite rig in the late 70's was a Remmington 700 BDL police special (bull barrel) in .222 Rem. On the top was a Leatherwood scope... on the bottom, Harris pods. I could shoot a group with that outfit that would fit under a dime at 100 yards.... cold barrel. In '84 I was sent to long range rifle instructor school for the police dept. I shot 80% at Camp Perry's 500 yard line with a borrowed gun (they required I use a company gun). I have dozens of handgun trophies shooting for the police dept. When I moved south in '91, I was ranked 14th in the state (WI). Hmmm, is my PASSION for shooting showing through my ego?? I will give the non-shooters a break and shut up now. Take care. TTC

Apr 2003
    Alberta
    Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
    5251 times
    Prospecting
    I'm sorry it's getting so bad. The drug trafficking really is an escalating, dangerous problem.

All the best,

Lanny
    Nothin' quite as fun as chasin' sassy nugget gold! http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/me...mysteries.html

us
    I can dig it! "WP"

Mar 2007
    Arizona
    4121 times
    Where is the National Guard?
    Everyone knows about the cartel and the drug mules crossing the border into Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, and California.
    Why isn't anything being done?

Somebody at the top is getting paid to look the other way on this.
    From what I understand the president has issued a stand down order against the cartel.

Homeland Security is a joke when it comes to securing our southern border with Mexico

I say, send in the snipers and drones!

This video is from 2 years ago and its apalling that nothing has been done to secure our border.

Last edited by Goodyguy; Oct 24, 2012 at 08:32 PM.

Charter Member
    us

Jun 2008
    Yarnell, AZ
    7063 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    It seems votes are more important than Brian Terry and the other agent killed. TTC

us
    Feb 2012
    Prather CA
    Whites GMT
    3351 times
    Finding GOLD
    In California, they are saving there resources to go after dredgers

Everyone knows about the cartel and the drug mules crossing the border into Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, and California.

From what I understand the president has issued a stand down order against the cartel.

Homeland Security is a joke when it comes to securing our southern border with Mexico

This video is from 2 years ago and its apalling that nothing has been done to secure our border.

"The most inspiring thing about gold, is not the value, but under magnification, the true beauty of each piece. They are truly like snowflakes that never melt." Oakview2 Fly EAGLE Fly......

us

Sep 2012
    2184 times
    Prospecting

Goodyguy, I have given up on hunting the elusive Coues Deer (Gray Ghost) in the units of 36A, 36B, 36C. Rather sad I pay taxes and can’t enjoy the land that I have hunted on for 30 years because we have lost our backbone in Washington. Take a look at the photo of the environmental damage that the illegals cause as they come through Arizona. Talk about environmental damage, a police officer in pursuit cannot hold a candle to the damage they inflict on an area. A Homeland Security and Interior Dept. agreement mandates U.S. Border Patrol agents pursue drug smugglers and illegal aliens on foot through 40 acres of Arizona’s Organ Pipe National Monument because of a pond containing federally protected desert pupfish. Agents may use horses, but only if the steed eats weed-free feed so its feces won’t impact the ecosystem. You should see this area from above. Canyons after Canyons of remote desert are filled with backpacks, coats, shoes, water jugs, etc.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	illegals1.png 
Views:	208 
Size:	732.8 KB 
ID:	692043

Name:	illegals2.jpg 
Views:	177 
Size:	193.9 KB 
ID:	692044

Name:	illegals3.jpg 
Views:	181 
Size:	268.3 KB 
ID:	692045

Name:	illegals4.jpg 
Views:	215 
Size:	266.6 KB 
ID:	692046

Last edited by AzViper; Oct 24, 2012 at 11:35 PM.

us
    I can dig it! "WP"

Mar 2007
    Arizona
    4121 times
    I know how he feels.
    Name:  25226654.jpg
Views: 350
Size:  35.6 KB

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links