Stanton, AZ pediment

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My brother recently pointed out to me that south of Stanton is a large pediment field. All this pediment came out of the areas upstream from Rich Hill eons ago. You can see Antelope Creek cutting the east third of the pediment. Anyone who scratches around (placering) knows this is the richer areas to look. This area helps make Yavapai County the richest gold region in the state! TTC

pediment.jpg

Upvote 0

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A lot of big nuggets have come out of that ancient flood plain. The "Tongue Nugget" and the "Powerline Nugget" are two that come to mind right away! Here's the "Tongue."

Attachments

• tonguenugg.jpg
    tonguenugg.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 376
OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A lot of big nuggets have come out of that ancient flood plain. The "Tongue Nugget" and the "Powerline Nugget" are two that come to mind right away! Here's the "Tongue."
There is a pic of the "Tongue" over at the Stanton (RV) office. I remember reading that it came from the Lucky Linda claim. I believe the LDMA has let the Lucky Linda go. You heard anything? Tnx for the response. TTC

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Terry a lot of claims are open out there right now! Clubs dropped a lot of them!!! There is a bit of a frenzy at the BLM office..

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Terry a lot of claims are open out there right now! Clubs dropped a lot of them!!! There is a bit of a frenzy at the BLM office..
YES! You are right! Tim found that the Y-Not has dropped all but their two most productive claims. It will be a FIELD DAY for the little tiny outfits that can work their way around the LR2000. Tnx. TTC

freddy williams

Oct 9, 2010
Alabama/ Ohio
Detector(s) used
GTI-2500, Whites V3, xplorer XS Cortes & XLT Cibola Tesoro Tiger shark Now using a Xterra 705, Ace 350...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go get you a claim on the area if you can and we all can come detecting and dry washing and find some good gold. Sounds good to me

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
YES! You are right! Tim found that the Y-Not has dropped all but their two most productive claims. It will be a FIELD DAY for the little tiny outfits that can work their way around the LR2000. Tnx. TTC

Tom and Maggie couldn't keep them all, and called a few of us to let us know - kind of "first dibbs" for long time Y Not members, two- months ago. I don't think they really wanted them going to LDMA or GPAA. I understand LDMA had about $48,000.00 to purchase dropped claims by Weaver, Y-Not and others. Tough thing with these new fees..

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tom and Maggie couldn't keep them all, and called a few of us to let us know - kind of "first dibbs" for long time Y Not members, two- months ago. I don't think they really wanted them going to LDMA or GPAA. I understand LDMA had about $48,000.00 to purchase dropped claims by Weaver, Y-Not and others. Tough thing with these new fees..
I agree with the tough deals on the fees. Jack (I'm sure you know which Jack I mean) had 265 claims listed. Obviously a speculation person rather than a true miner. Most were in the Superstitions. That's your old stamping grounds, or am I thinking of someone else? Wish I could take you up on the instructor thing. The back is slowing me WAY down. Maybe.... @Freddy. The opening up of many claims in the area has not gone unoticed by TimC and I. Take care guys. TTC

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I agree with the tough deals on the fees. Jack (I'm sure you know which Jack I mean) had 265 claims listed. Obviously a speculation person rather than a true miner. Most were in the Superstitions. That's your old stamping grounds, or am I thinking of someone else? Wish I could take you up on the instructor thing. The back is slowing me WAY down. Maybe.... @Freddy. The opening up of many claims in the area has not gone unoticed by TimC and I. Take care guys. TTC

Yes, my Brother and I put a lot of boot tracks on the Superstitions in the late 1960s and early 1970s with our Dad and his buddy "Uncle John." I didn't realize Jack had that many!! I can still put you to work. I'll let you know when I put together my next gig at the resort in Prescott!

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes, my Brother and I put a lot of boot tracks on the Superstitions in the late 1960s and early 1970s with our Dad and his buddy "Uncle John." I didn't realize Jack had that many!! I can still put you to work. I'll let you know when I put together my next gig at the resort in Prescott!
We'll be in touch...... TTC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread