Found Gold in Stephens County GA

Davidail

Nov 3, 2012
North FL and North GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Metal Detector with 5" coil making it the AT gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Grabed about 3 gallons of material yesterday right before dark from some bedrock in a creek, ran it through my Bazooka this morning while in RABUN COUNTY and it did have a few specks of color in it. Maybe going back and working a few spots on this creek. Stephens County Ga, has no records of gold being found in it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Astrobouncer

Jun 21, 2009
I would edit out the exact location man, unless you want a whole bunch of strangers showing up there and potentially ruining it for you by dredging, highbanking etc and drawing unwanted attention to the area. People can be crazy when it comes to gold.

(edit) Its not so much the people posting here that you got to worry about, its just once a place is public knowledge out east here, its heavily worked. You might not think there are a lot of prospectors in that area, but they will show up from hours away to work a spot.

OP
OP
D

Davidail

Nov 3, 2012
North FL and North GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Metal Detector with 5" coil making it the AT gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your right, Astrobouncer I Did edit it out, Actually I was off that hwy by about 2 miles on a side road. You can't highbank or Dredge here in GA. on State or Federal land Not suppose to even have a sluice on Public Lands, Im running the Super mini Bazooks since its actually not a sluice by Definition since there's no ripples. I guess I qualify for a stranger coming from hours away, LOL I live outside Jacksonville Fl 6 hours away, My Wife's family lives in Stephens County GA. So I prospect every time we are in the area, We are hoping to buy some land either in North GA, SC or NC in the next year or so. Old Farmland is getting cheap and there is alot of it in the Gold belts.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread