Rich Hill Arizona Metal Detecting

metz_2

Jan 5, 2013
Hello, I have been down to the Prescott Arizona area with my father for a mining convention and learned a little about the Rich Hill area. I'm really entertaining the idea of making a trip down into that area but before I do would like to gain some 1st experience accounts from people that have detected down there. It really seams that its a pay to detect area do to all the owned claims but what's really the best experiences. Who really to talk to and where to really go. I live in Nebraska and would entertain starting a group outing this year.

So does anyone know good information of the Rich Hill area?? Good Luck out there.

Upvote 0

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Terry. I'll head up to sweat a bit. You saying after 19th?
Both visitors will arrive on the 12th. If they stay 2 weeks, you are more than welcome afterwards. Send me a PM to trade info and we can set something up for the end of Jan or into Feb (better) or beyond. You have any claims in AZ? TimC will be more than willing to help you get your very own using the info available using the LR2000! TTC

GarretDiggingAz

Dec 5, 2012
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATG and thinking about another nugget hunter
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Used LR2000 to check an area I'm looking into. Saw no claim information. So now I'm going out to get current samples. Been 15 yrs since I've been there. So maybe I'll be trying to claim a spot or two.
I'll PM you on when I can get there. It'll be for a couple day visit. Looking to bring uncle as well. Would that be alright? If not him then possibly one of my sons. Good worker. Lol

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Terry. I'll head up to sweat a bit. You saying after 19th?
GDA, I sent you a PM but can't seem to get the insert image to work.

My RV.jpg (FINALLY!) Save this image so you can home in on the RV! TTC

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oh Deer!:laughing7:

Attachments

• Oh Deer.jpg
    Oh Deer.jpg
    423.9 KB · Views: 147

GarretDiggingAz

Dec 5, 2012
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATG and thinking about another nugget hunter
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Is there another street called "shoot at" or maybe "Baga"?
So yours is the 2nd on the left? Is that your truck as well? The grey one.

Sample Pan Dan

Bronze Member
Oct 20, 2012
Bostonia,Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TerryC, I'd love to come play with you one weekend this spring... Btw, how you feeling? You getting better?

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Is there another street called "shoot at" or maybe "Baga"?
So yours is the 2nd on the left? Is that your truck as well? The grey one.
Yes, second on the left. The 1985 pickup is there. If I am there, you will see a red (burgundy) 2013 jeep wrangler... my new ride! TTC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
TerryC, I'd love to come play with you one weekend this spring... Btw, how you feeling? You getting better?
Not without dinner and a movie first! Doctor said indigestion. No surgery this time. (glad!). Sure, come on down. TimC has been doing alot of hosting lately. Because of the cancer therapy, he cannot keep up the pace the visitors are putting on him (he is weak). We'll do what we can. TTC

Sample Pan Dan

Bronze Member
Oct 20, 2012
Bostonia,Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TerryC said:
Not without dinner and a movie first! Doctor said indigestion. No surgery this time. (glad!). Sure, come on down. TimC has been doing alot of hosting lately. Because of the cancer therapy, he cannot keep up the pace the visitors are putting on him (he is weak). We'll do what we can. TTC

How about dinner and drinks? Lol, I'd be more than happy to cook us some pulled pork or steaks and taters, and Coronas and Patron go along way in my book! But seriously would live to bring the metal detectors and maybe borrow? A drywasher for a day or two? We can talk about it. Glad to hear you are well, send my best wishes to your brother.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
How about dinner and drinks? Lol, I'd be more than happy to cook us some pulled pork or steaks and taters, and Coronas and Patron go along way in my book! But seriously would live to bring the metal detectors and maybe borrow? A drywasher for a day or two? We can talk about it. Glad to hear you are well, send my best wishes to your brother.
I've got a Gold Bug 2 and GMT (and 250) at the RV you may use. I don't do drywashing but Tim does. I have a highbanker there set up to recirculate. We can take it to the site or bring the classified material back. Also a vac-pack. We have all the bases covered. We'll work out the vitals when you get here. Soon. TTC

Sample Pan Dan

Bronze Member
Oct 20, 2012
Bostonia,Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds great Terry, sure my buddy I've been working with would love to come, and my old work partner will be joining the "crew" in march when he returns to San Diego... If it comes to it could possibly bring our own housing for the weekend. I am grateful for the opportunity, you are about 6 hours from me, so it'll take some doing, more like convincing the wife :-), but I will definitely take advantage of the opportunity to coma and play and learn from some of the best in the west :-)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread