Looking for prospecting friend around utah county

Jan 5, 2013
Hey my names Jesse, Im 27 and live in Utah county. I've been getting into this prospecting a lot and I love it! I'm looking to make some friends or find someone to work with at it. I'm always ready for an adventure, I'm honest and hardworking and looking to find a prospecting buddy. I have all the pans, a gold bug pro metal detector and i built a nice 6 foot long aluminum sluice.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Mountain Athlete
Jan 5, 2013
I want to make a trip out to Nevada sometime soon. I've been doing alot of research on places to go out there. Anyone want to go on an adventure?? Also where can I get some miners moss that I don't have to order online? Is there any prospecting shops around Utah county that sell it?

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Roger at Prospector's Supply should be able to help you out. He's a very knowledgable guy, and he may be able to connect you with a prospecting partner as well. I've visited with him quite a few times on my way through to Nevada and Arizona.

Address: 153 West 400 North, Orem, UT 84057

Phone:(801) 224-3493

All the best,

Lanny

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mt. A - i've been over lots of Northern Nv, mainly rockhounding and at old mine sites - where, in general are you wanting to go?

OP
OP
Mountain Athlete
Jan 5, 2013
Thanks for the info ill defiantly go down and check his shop!
I'm not 100 percent sure where in Nevada yet I'm still reading into it. But looking to just head out toward elko and starting somewhere around there.

keepmehumblelord

Jan 10, 2013
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre, bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Jessee I am planning on going out to nevada. I have a tesoro compadre detector and want to look for some nuggets. I also have some prime locations we can check out. How soon were you looking to go? I have a tent and gear to camp out as i would be coming from michigan. Im looking to spend a few months out west prospecting. i also have a folding sluice box and pans and another small sluice and digging tools etc. if interested email me [email protected]
Donovan

mallagante

Aug 14, 2015
Provo,Utah
Detector(s) used
1.Whites coinmaster
2.Technetics
3.Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Jesse,
I'm Paul.
Always looking for a collaboration of efforts.
Call me...
(801)888-1053
Provo,
Utah

utah mason

Jul 10, 2015
utah
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I know most of this thread is old, but I don't know if the store mentioned above is still open. Went there in I think June this year and the owner had unexpectedly passed away ( may his pans be full in the after life )
But maybe someone took the store over. The only other store I know about in the area is chucks metal detectors and prospecting in s.l.c. 1260 vine street.

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I know most of this thread is old, but I don't know if the store mentioned above is still open. Went there in I think June this year and the owner had unexpectedly passed away ( may his pans be full in the after life )
But maybe someone took the store over. The only other store I know about in the area is chucks metal detectors and prospecting in s.l.c. 1260 vine street.

I'm so sad to learn that. He was a great guy with all kinds of knowledge and expertise.

Thanks for the update, and all the best,

Lanny

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread