Big, beautiful North American Placer!! Freakin fantastic!!!

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Big, beautiful North American Placer!! Freakin' fantastic!!!

Unbelievable video of big North American gold nuggets + new finds, pics, videos added: a live thread, so please post your gold shots.
I'll add other videos or stills of big nuggety North American gold as I find them.

This video starts slow, but it's shot underground, so give it a while and then watch out that you don't have a freakin' heart attack!!

I hope you love looking at this as much as I did--every placer miner's dream come true. If you're a rookie, you'll get the fever bad watching this one. (To avoid any confusion, this is not my video, nor is it my clean-up, nor was I involved in any way--I found it by mistake after typing in a search word incorrectly [that's why I'd never found it before], but I sure do love it!!)

Almost 3,800 ounces in the last shot--fines are in the large plastic bags. 100 miles north of the Arctic Circle!

All the best,

Lanny

P.S. I posted it with my beginner's thread as well, but it's so great it deserves it's own place too.

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/metal-detecting-gold/69-bedrock-gold-mysteries.html

Last edited:
Upvote 2
OP
OP
Lanny in AB

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lanny, I'd say you've not lost your touch and that you've touched a few more good spots! Thanks' for sharing and my time is coming later this year AS the shoulder is responding Well to Physical Therapy!...…………...63bkpkr

OP
OP
Lanny in AB

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Lanny, I'd say you've not lost your touch and that you've touched a few more good spots! Thanks' for sharing and my time is coming later this year AS the shoulder is responding Well to Physical Therapy!...…………...63bkpkr

Glad to hear you'll get a chance to finally reconnect with your golden past Herb. I know you've waited a long time.

All the best,

Lanny

OP
OP
Lanny in AB

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Any new finds?

Please feel free to post pictures of your North American placer finds.

All the best,

Lanny

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1542355794.162656.jpg
From a recent trip to the Yampa River in NW Colorado :)

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A couple of "First" nuggets dug at Bill Southern's Little San Domingo, Arizona outing last week. :hello2:

Attachments

• P1070294.JPG
    P1070294.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 94
  • P1070271.JPG
    P1070271.JPG
    862.2 KB · Views: 87

A Sasquatch

Greenie
Sep 10, 2015
Canada
Detector(s) used
4500, 2300 & Gold Bug 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi Lanny
Hope this post finds you well !
Another spectacular year! For you as well I see! Nice pictures!
Here are our prizes ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1542573835.240089.jpg 6 ounce beauty. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1542573906.313262.jpg
Have a great winter!

OP
OP
Lanny in AB

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
View attachment 1652370
From a recent trip to the Yampa River in NW Colorado :)

It's nice to see some of that high-grade, fine Colorado gold, gathered by a true expert that is now also a published gold-prospecting author on gathering Colorado gold!

Thanks Kevin, and all the best,

Lanny

OP
OP
Lanny in AB

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
A couple of "First" nuggets dug at Bill Southern's Little San Domingo, Arizona outing last week. :hello2:

Nice character gold Terry!

I hope the outing was fun to boot, as I'm sure it was.

All the best,

Lanny

OP
OP
Lanny in AB

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hi Lanny
Hope this post finds you well !
Another spectacular year! For you as well I see! Nice pictures!
Here are our prizes View attachment 1653068 6 ounce beauty. View attachment 1653069
Have a great winter!

My goodness but you're slaying the big ones!

Wow!! Six ounces in one chunk (nice contrast against the dollar coin for size). It's been a long time since I held one that big , and it was found by some miners I was working with, but they were using big equipment, and it was a genuine rarity. I can't imagine finding one that big with the detector, but you've had other finds that eclipse your six-ouncer, so, whatever you're doing, and whatever you're doing it with (The "Z", etc.), keep at it!!

All the best,

Lanny

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lanny in AB

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
For anyone new to the site, if you've never see this video before, it's what should get gold fever brewing in anyone with a prospector's heart!

This video starts slow, but it's shot underground, so give it a while and then watch out that you don't have a freakin' heart attack!!

I hope you love looking at this as much as I did--every placer miner's dream come true. If you're a rookie, you'll get the fever bad watching this one. (To avoid any confusion, this is not my video, nor is it my clean-up, nor was I involved in any way--I found it by mistake after typing in a search word incorrectly [that's why I'd never found it before], but I sure do love it!!)

Almost 3,800 ounces in the last shot--fines are in the large plastic bags. 100 miles north of the Arctic Circle!

All the best, and for those of you that have seen this before, you know what I'm talking about!

Lanny

OP
OP
Lanny in AB

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
For anyone new to the site, if you've never see this video before, it's what should get gold fever brewing in anyone with a prospector's heart!

All the best, and for those of you that have seen this before, you know what I'm talking about!

Lanny

Don't know what happened Sasquatch, but hope this one works.

Hamfist

Aug 1, 2014
SoCal
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Whippet, 151, GH, shovel, brain
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
This is a great thread! I don’t often post my finds but I may start doing so here.

This is from a recent unicorn morning of drywashing, where I got just over a gram, instead of the usual .3g-.4g
IMG_9176.jpg

OP
OP
Lanny in AB

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That sure is beautiful gold!

Nicely done, and all the best,

Lanny

OP
OP
Lanny in AB

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
A.Cup of gold.JPG

A.Dime nuggets.JPG

A.Gold Bowl.JPG

A.Gold.JPG

A.Palm nuggets.JPG

Some of the all original North American placer my son and I corralled this season, good stuff!

All the best,

Lanny

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread