Big, beautiful North American Placer!! Freakin fantastic!!!

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Big, beautiful North American Placer!! Freakin' fantastic!!!

Unbelievable video of big North American gold nuggets + new finds, pics, videos added: a live thread, so please post your gold shots.
I'll add other videos or stills of big nuggety North American gold as I find them.

This video starts slow, but it's shot underground, so give it a while and then watch out that you don't have a freakin' heart attack!!

I hope you love looking at this as much as I did--every placer miner's dream come true. If you're a rookie, you'll get the fever bad watching this one. (To avoid any confusion, this is not my video, nor is it my clean-up, nor was I involved in any way--I found it by mistake after typing in a search word incorrectly [that's why I'd never found it before], but I sure do love it!!)

Almost 3,800 ounces in the last shot--fines are in the large plastic bags. 100 miles north of the Arctic Circle!

All the best,

Lanny

P.S. I posted it with my beginner's thread as well, but it's so great it deserves it's own place too.

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/metal-detecting-gold/69-bedrock-gold-mysteries.html

Last edited:
Upvote 2
OP
OP
Lanny in AB

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
OP
OP
Lanny in AB

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Should be able to see the pictures on the previous page now.

T'was a strange thing indeed that I could see them but none of you could . . .

All the best,

Lanny

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Beautiful stuff Lanny!

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The tiniest bit of the glow of the sun sneaking silently over the tops of the pines in the early morn of some secluded mountain range or the glow of gold are both spectacular sights, thank you for sharing!.................63bkpkr

OP
OP
Lanny in AB

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The tiniest bit of the glow of the sun sneaking silently over the tops of the pines in the early morn of some secluded mountain range or the glow of gold are both spectacular sights, thank you for sharing!.................63bkpkr

Wow! Waxing poetic today Herb, nicely done, and all the best,

Lanny

OP
OP
Lanny in AB

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Just a reminder to those of you not shy about posting your gold pictures, if you're chasing the gold in North America, I'd love to see some pictures of it posted on this thread!

All the best, and lots of luck,

Lanny

OP
OP
Lanny in AB

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Any new photos? Would love to see them.

Thanks, and all the best,

Lanny

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Any new photos? Would love to see them.

Thanks, and all the best,

Lanny

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1597976086.827945.jpg
Here’s a small start from Colorado.

OP
OP
Lanny in AB

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Great to see you're still at it Kevin!

That sure is pretty gold.

All the best,

Lanny

OwenT

Feb 11, 2015
Moses Lake WA & Provo UT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I go back and watch that video from the beginning of the thread every so often. I found some more great videos out there. Hope everyone enjoys them.

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I go back and watch that video from the beginning of the thread every so often. I found some more great videos out there. Hope everyone enjoys them.

Great videos. Don't know if you noticed but the preview of videos at the end of the first video includes one by our own Reed Lukens. One other video is of a man using a plastic honeycomb frame (looks sort of like punch plate but with closed bottom) used by beekeepers, as a pan to concentrate fine sands and gold from shovelfuls of gravel.....very interesting and a method to quickly clear oversize and other waste materials like silt.

Last edited:

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Feeding a sluice with a bulldozer..............I wonder what kind of gold loss they had ??? BUT it sure took the labor out of it ! I guess they made up for the loss by the quantity of gold !

OregonGold76

Oct 9, 2012
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT, Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some Oregon Gold
A friends new claim, first weekend out. IMG_4537.jpg

oneguy

Aug 26, 2015
Montana
Detector(s) used
2 Goldmonsters, SDC 2300
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Last week I found 41 pieces in 2 days...here's the biggest, 25+ grams.... I have a BIG one also that I'll post at the end of my season with my totals....

25g.JPG

OP
OP
Lanny in AB

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Last week I found 41 pieces in 2 days...here's the biggest, 25+ grams.... I have a BIG one also that I'll post at the end of my season with my totals....

View attachment 1858221

That's a great find!

Nicely done, and all the best,

Lanny

OP
OP
Lanny in AB

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Thanks for the videos Owen!

All the best,

Lanny

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread