Hi all. new guy. miller table question

mrlindeman

Feb 6, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
:hello: I could not find anything on this. I just got a tsunami 1200 pump for recirculating my miller table. I usually run it direct from a garden hose. I know I need lower flow but I'm not sure how to accomplish it. I tryed a valve to control the flow but the pump starts pulsing rather than constant flow. Its gonna be a while before I can get a pump more modest for my application. The table is ten by twenty four inches. When I run direct it works great but I need to have some control from this pump to get me by for a couple weeks. I will be putting a dam in to help at first but I'm asking ahaid of time for ideas. Thanks for any help :goldcoin:

Upvote 0

DesertNuggets

Mar 29, 2011
Tucson, AZ
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug 2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The 1200 creates lots of air bubbles. You'll need to get rid of those too.

OP
OP
M

mrlindeman

Feb 6, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I figured out how to slow the pump properly and took the bubbles into account as well. Seems to be working well. I am retrieving around 5 small pieces from my -50 cons every teaspoon. I will post some video here pretty soon.

improvmechanic

Jan 5, 2013
I'll look forward to it. How did you control the flow? I'm working on powering a homemade blue bowl with a similar pump, but so far I'm just making a mess. All part of the learning process I suppose.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
i use a smaller bilge pump(500 GPH) for fine gold. a valve forms small ripples in the water. you want about 1/8 of a inch of water depth and as smooooooooth as glass surface on the water to save the micro peices of gold.anyway thats how i do it on my table. to much water force/pressure will blow it out. a pump on a blue bowl is a differnt story.use what they recommend.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread