6” x 44” Mini Power Sluice Flow Question

audioverture

Sep 12, 2023
Hi all!

I’m new to the forum and new to gold prospecting, however, I’ve been prospecting fossils for several years now… With that said, I apologize in advance for my newbie questions.

I am working on building a mini mobile wash plant for wet classifying fossils and sluicing gold. I just ordered an Adventures In Gold Prospecting (AIGP) 6” x 44” Mini Power Sluice outfitted with Dream Mat and I intend to mount everything in the bed of a Gorilla Cart (think big off-road wagon)

My main question is around flow rate for my 6” x 44” AIGP Mini Power Sluice.

Im looking at using an 18V battery powered Ryobi 600 GPH transfer pump paired with several 9AH batteries for extended run times. I like this solution because the battery attaches directly to the pump (which will be mounted in the cart) and mitigates any loose wires. Additionally, the pump has a variable 3 speed flow control which may prove convenient while classifying. With that said, I’m concerned 600 GPH is not enough flow rate to be effective while running material through the sluice.

I should add that I plan to classify down to 1/8 (or possibly as low as 1/12) as I’m always looking for fossils as I process material.

Is 600 GPH enough flow for a 6” x 44” sluice? If not, can anyone point me towards a self-contained battery powered (non bilge style) pump solution in the 1000 - 1200 GPH range?

Thanks!

Audioverture

Upvote 0

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dream mat takes more water then that to run it right. 2000gph is about right. I run 4000gph on my 10" wide set up. You can run gold hog mat at around 600- 1000 gph . Look up the Gold Hog multisluice.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Reed has some good / knowledgeable advice ! His video's will guide you in the direction your wanting to go ! GOOD LUCK with your adventure and WELCOME TO TREASURE NET for your first post !

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites, Fisher, Garrett, and Falcon.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Welcome to the forum audioverture.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread