Blue bowl, spiral wheel, or sluice for cleanup?

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sluice for rough concentration from a dredge,highbanker or drywasher op. A wheel with a hole through the middle can be made to work allright with 3 size classifications and two runs on each of the 3 sizes. And the blue DAM Indusrties bowl is for 50-300 mesh final gold cleanup that the wheels,green bowls,microsluices,Goldcube and other goldfarbs miss. Each has it's own place and time for use.John

okbasspro

Jan 14, 2012
Chickasha,Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I use all three my favorite is the Calif sluice.I like the wheel ok.I hate the blue bowl cant seem to get it to work right.I classify everything to 4 sizes 1/16 30 50 & 100 mesh.Save everything and rerun it when I cant get out and dredge its a good excuse to drink beer and hide from the wifey.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
None of the above. A sluice is really not a "clean up" because you then go to a pan. The Blue Bowl and wheel are expensive ways to PAN, which is my choice for clean up.... A PAN. TTC

okbasspro

Jan 14, 2012
Chickasha,Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
None of the above. A sluice is really not a "clean up" because you then go to a pan. The Blue Bowl and wheel are expensive ways to PAN, which is my choice for clean up.... A PAN. TTC

You are correct TTC the cali sluice is just a concentrater but makes it a whole lot easier to pan the dredge cleanup.:notworthy:
Funny how we spend hundreds or thousands just to end up using the tool that came first and been virtualy unchanged.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I still prefer the miller table for cleanup.
And then mercury and a retort for the really small stuff.

GG~

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have a blue bowl and I have used it a few times but I still seem to pan almost all of my concentrates,I enjoy it for the most part. it can get tedious but I got some cool ways I have learned over years to make my gold DANCE in the pan...But I suspect if I was getting more then a 5 gallons of concentrate a day then I would have no choice but for now I am still of a simple means so why not enjoy it.. But I admitt I do have some what of a stockpile of concentrate from here and there that been neglected (5 5gallon buckets 7 coffee cans) But it's almost April Who has time for gold already in their garage?????

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm with TerryC ...a pan is My post-sluice cleanup tool. Make those gold specks dance in the pan :)

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would think that a shaker table would be the way to go if you had a consistent source of buckets and buckets of concentrate.
For small amounts though panning works just fine, even for larger amounts if time is not an issue.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread