Anyone catch that show Prospectors?

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yes, good show! No stupid drama just cool locations and gems...hope all the episodes are like the one I saw!

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought the appraisals of their finds was a bit over the top, but less drama - thank you! And it was good seeing the girl swinging a sledge hammer - cool:icon_thumright:

jmoller99

Jan 8, 2010
Colorado Springs, Colorado USA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Goldmaster Vsat, 5900, Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300 and Falcon MD-20.
Primary Interest:
Other
The altitude takes a lot out of you on Mt. Antero (of the times I have been there, any kind of physical exertion would force you to rest while you caught your breath). There was a Topaz mine off of Tarryall road (not too far from Tarryall Reservoir) that was a pay to dig site (at a lot lower altitude) that my kids and I went to many years ago. Colorado has a lot of Gem Stones along with its gold and silver.

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When my daughter-in-law traveled to Mt. Antero for vacation, she said the climb and altitude was super tough. - and she lives at 5 thousand ft outside of Reno!
She brought back a nice aquamarine crystal that almost paid for the trip.:icon_thumright:

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

TreasurePirate69

Jan 20, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish I had known about it. Hopefully they will air reruns of the episodes I missed. I'll be sure to catch the next one. Thanks for the tip!

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Albuqerque, NM / Durango, CO
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium & Gold Bug II, Bazooka Super Prospector Sluice
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love prospecting shows, but one has to wonder why a prospecting show is on the weather channel...

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I missed it ....... :BangHead:
Oh well It's on this Sat. with the first two episodes back to back :icon_thumleft:

gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I enjoyed seeing the "hard work" side of prospecting without the drama of
arguments as the focus of the show. Too many people figure they can just
get out of their car, stroll up to a claim, start picking valuables up right away
and go home rich. Good to see the real side of prospecting for a change. :hello:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions