I Found Gold Using My Vac Pac

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Here is a place I found while visiting a friend yesterday. Went back today with the Vac Pac, Pic, Buckets, Classifiers, etc. Will be returning with drywasher. This wash never gets hit as it is among million dollar homes high on a hillside with a 6000 foot mountain above the homes. I saw no sign of any digging either on the sides or the bottom of the wash. The only time this wash has water is during the raining season of which Monsoon will be here in the next few months.The gold came from under the boulders on the slow moving water in the curve of the wash when there is water. The wash flows from the upper canyons of which are on Federal land. All photos where from my Samsung Galaxy S3 smartphone.

wash1.jpg

wash2y.jpg

wash3m.jpg

wash4.jpg

wash6.jpg

wash7.jpg

wash5.jpg

Attachments

• wash8.jpg
    wash8.jpg
    270.4 KB · Views: 262
Last edited:
Upvote 0

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Go get 'em, AZ!!! TTC

sidvail

Jan 11, 2013
Cottonwood, CA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Anyone working around Black Canyon area? About 35 years ago I was out there and found a hunk of quartz with beautiful gold veins running through it. Picked it up one day I was roaming around the desert and never forgot it. I had thought about prospecting back then, but had never put the thought into motion. I think about that rock constantly now.

Was that a fluke - or is that a good area?

OP
OP
AzViper

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Go get 'em, AZ!!! TTC

Terry I beleive to work the area for any extended time I will have to do it by hand as not to piss off people because of the noise of the Vac Pac. Area is so quiet and peaceful and littered with homes.

pacog

Apr 23, 2013
Ridgecrest, California
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Terry I beleive to work the area for any extended time I will have to do it by hand as not to piss off people because of the noise of the Vac Pac. Area is so quiet and peaceful and littered with homes.

Build a Custom Exhaust/Muffler for the the engine, the one that come on them are pretty much non-existant. I am sure you could greatly quiet the machine that way.

You can always look into one of the re-chargeable Dewalt's they work really well and are fairly quiet. As quiet as a small hosehold vacuum. Just need a Few batteries for several hours of run time.

Good luck out there.

OP
OP
AzViper

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Build a Custom Exhaust/Muffler for the the engine, the one that come on them are pretty much non-existant. I am sure you could greatly quiet the machine that way.

You can always look into one of the re-chargeable Dewalt's they work really well and are fairly quiet. As quiet as a small hosehold vacuum. Just need a Few batteries for several hours of run time.

Good luck out there.

The Echo motor is the quietest motor I have ever heard due to its catalytic muffler, but when you have an ultra-quiet area up next to a wilderness area any sound is very loud. I think it’s just going to be picks, shovels, wheel barrel, pry bars, classifiers, cable hoist, chains, and buckets.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
AZ, I wouldn't worry too much about noise. You may wish to go "quiet", but don't fret too much. Daytime yard motors and such are being used all day long.... no noise laws can stop you. Wind it up, partner! TTC

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice gold - Congratulations!!

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AZ,
(in a whisper) "picks, shovels, wheel barrel, pry bars, classifiers, cable hoist, chains, and buckets" sounds like a great party, when are the invites going out?! 63bkpkr

OP
OP
AzViper

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I went back to the area and while running the Vac I was greeted by a homeowner. He was curious as to what I was doing, I said I was searching for fragments of a meteorite that had exploded in this area at the turn of the last century. (With my best poker face :tongue3:) After some small talk he asks that I would keep the noise down until after noon. Below are the rewards of my work for the week.

20130503132536.jpg

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Explorer II & Garrett 2500 w/Treasure Hound
I need to remember the Meteorite Story, may come in handy down the road. Just wouldn't work while packing a sluice box or dry washer.

DesertNuggets

Mar 29, 2011
Tucson, AZ
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug 2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Great looking area.

Rattlers are out! And they are pissed off. Hope you're wearing your gators/chaps/guards.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Meteorite hunting, etc ...I just say I an a rock hound collecting mineral specimens. All true ;-) the sluice is to collect any heavy metals which I honestly tell them tends to be mostly lead and then I make a show of inspecting the pretty rocks in my classifier ;-)

I do save interesting rock samples, chert and petrified wood samples I run across so if they get chatty I mention that. Also, having a Bazooka Goldtrap is a plus since people don't know what it is by looking at it...no riffles LoL!

Oh, and if asked directly about gold I am always honest. Yes, I hope to find some but there isn't much around here. After all even an ounce per ton "isn't much" as a percentage is it?...and of course I've never seen that much!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions