Awesome day for Gold And Wildlife!!

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Headed down to a new area today on the NF American...Having only getting a gram or less a day the last few day's on Familiar ground I decided to go to spot that I haven't been to in a few years and how glad I am!!The gold dust seemed to be everywhere and the scenery and wildlife was active..Early in the morning I watched the birds and next thing I know I see a deer goining down some rapids right past me.. If you watch the video you probley can tell I was having issues trying to get the deer on video..Anyway After that we saw a turtle just chillin on the rocks. It made the long walk worth it.. I ended up with 2.7 grams in dust and my brother got 3.8grams..(in my defense we only had one big hammer and he never let it go)we were just panning as we left the backpack sluice in the car..(lazy I guess)Always tomorrow though!!! Still I needed that...It is so nice for everything to fall into place for a change...Anyway headed back up to the claim on the 5th of May bringing some help to move my camp across the river and to my claim..Hopefully my camp hasn't been Tampered with... I broke it down and kinda stashed all the gear and covered it.. But with some of these post about people getting there stuff stolen I wont truly be at ease untill I see it for myself!!! Anyway Hope everyone is getting some good gold..

Upvote 0

oldbrundogg

Sep 22, 2012
Oroville
Detector(s) used
99.00 something or other from big 5
I agree with everyone else MM, very nice and I have a new respect for you, HurtHawk, Reed Lukens, Astrobouncer, and others who have posted great videos from the field. I tried the last time I was out I need a lot more practice at shooting vids as well as prospecting. Please keep posting they're fun to watch.
OBD

OP
OP
M

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I agree with everyone else MM, very nice and I have a new respect for you, HurtHawk, Reed Lukens, Astrobouncer, and others who have posted great videos from the field. I tried the last time I was out I need a lot more practice at shooting vids as well as prospecting. Please keep posting they're fun to watch.
OBD

The Hardest thing to get a vid of is before I start digging.. As I have so many crappy vids of before digging the pocket or crack an then a pan with no gold!!! But I hope I am getting better..I highly doubt that I be in the same class as Astrobouncer ,Reed Lukens, and Hurthawk(maybe in a year or so I can give then a run for their money) But I thank you..I am always learning and getting better I hope..

mtau

Mar 21, 2013
MT
Detector(s) used
gmt
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice videos MM. How much gold do you thing the "gold grub" got away with. And Marty Robbins was my favorite singer of all time. Thanks for the memories.

sidvail

Jan 11, 2013
Cottonwood, CA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ditto. You always have the best music on your videos. I'd like to tag along some day not only for the conversation - but just to get a playlist of all your favorite music. Definitely keep it up.

Glad you had a good gold day.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread