WANT TO FIGHT BACK?

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Can't wait to read the minutes of the meeting..:icon_thumleft:

My travel budget is shot for now or I would attend, so best I can do is read about how things
went. Original link worked fine for me. Thanks for posting this up!

Last edited:

Hefty1

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2010
[h=1]This it? Thanks for the heads up...got my tickets.

Urgent Meeting of California Citizens[/h][h=2]Defend Rural America [/h][h=2]Saturday, June 1, 2013 from 3:00 PM to 6:00 PM (PDT)[/h][h=2]Auburn, CA[/h]
Urgent Meeting of California CitizensTo Discuss The Future of California's Counties

The future of California's counties is being forged right now, largely by a handful of non-resident "stakeholders" and regional non-governments that seek radical changes to our individual and property rights. If their vision is realized, millions of acres of natural resources will be closed off; incomes and property values will plummet; businesses will decline or even close; and county governments will be forced to sharply curtail services or go bankrupt. The People no longer matter, or at least that is what they think. We intend to show them otherwise.
Impacted Human Activities Agriculture, logging, mining, water diversions, fire management, dams and hydropower, travel, off-road vehicles, packstock use, recreation, and more.
14 Impacted Counties Alpine, Amador, El Dorado, Fresno, Inyo, Madera, Mariposa, Mono, Nevada, Placer, Plumas, Sierra, Tulare, and Tuolumne.
9 Impacted Forests Eldorado National Forest, Humboldt-Toiyabe National Forest, Inyo National Forest, Lake Tahoe Basis Management Unit, Plumas National Forest, Sequoia National Forest, Sierra National Forest, Stanislaus National Forest, and the Tahoe National Forest.
Topics & Speakers
o Endangered Species Listings - Craig Lindsay, Western Mining Association
o Forest Restoration - Steve Brink, California Forestry Association
o Jurisdiction - Ron Gibson, Jefferson Mining District
o Accountability - Chuck Shea, CABPRO
o Legal Recourse - Jerry Hobbs, Public Lands For The People
o The Next Economy - Kirk MacKenzie, Defend Rural America
Who should attend
o City and county representatives and sheriffs
o Concerned residents
o Property owners
o Community leaders
o Dairymen, farmers, ranchers, loggers, miners
o Hikers, campers, sports fishermen, off-roaders
o Asssociation and organizational leaders
FREE. $10 per person donation encouraged. Registration required.

For more information contact Kirk MacKenzie[email protected] or 650-967-5679.

midnightmoon

Mar 8, 2008
Los Angeles, California
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Fullpan ... YES! :icon_thumleft:

Thank you so much for posting this.

I went to the Defend Rural America site to sign up.

The only link to the meeting that I found was under the tweets scroll bar on the right-hand side. Tweet from May 17.

When you click on it opens up to, "Urgent Meeting of California Citizens". You can sign up there.

One requirement is for you to state your "*Organization". I am stating Defend Rural America, although I am not a member. I want to fill a seat; to learn more, and show support. I'll look into joining in a bit. First things first. Space is limited and we want seats before they are gone.

Thanks again.

Last edited:
OP
OP
F

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Note the time: 3:00 - 6:00pm. Its perfect for mining til noonish, make the meeting, and get home by a decent time, or back to campsite for Sunday digging!

midnightmoon

Mar 8, 2008
Los Angeles, California
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Note the time: 3:00 - 6:00pm. Its perfect for mining til noonish, make the meeting, and get home by a decent time, or back to campsite for Sunday digging![/QUOTE

Aw, :censored: no digging time for me.

We're driving up from Los Angeles.

[Not really my fault that there are no frogs left down here for me to infect with an African amphibian virus].

You local folks, have a blast before & after the afternoon business!

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is a shame what California has become. I grew up there as a kid and it was a great place to be...then.

Hefty1

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2010
All right...Who is going to this? I am and 63bkpkr and 2cmorau have confirmed going.

Who else? Would like to meet up with you guys.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
id really like to go but flying from Missouri for this just isnt going to happen with todays economy.i wish someone could video this meeting, if "they" would allow it,but "they" probly dont want to be pinned down with a video as proof of what they say or how they say it! if there was a video, it could be passed around to groups that couldnt make this meeting.

OP
OP
F

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have a good time tomorrow Herb, Frank, Mark and others who can make it!!!

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank's Fullpan,
I talked Mark into making a day of it and just snoop around the area and then attend the meeting.

196_9632.JPG Likely stop in here for a late breakfast, ~ 10:30. Frank or anyone else, this is on High Street close to the propspecting shop..........................63bkpkr

Last edited:

Hefty1

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2010
Well I found this meeting well worth the time and small donation I left.
It was interesting to see some of the elected people there including Eldorado Sheriff.
Bottom line with this meeting is to contact your county supervisors and tell them to oppose this Frog Land Grab that is going on...and there is only 9 days left to do this...so get on it. The countys have the power to stop this!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread