6-29-13 Near Rich Hill, AZ results

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Jason, and family went down to the Weaver claims with me today. DISASTER! Jason's (Silver821) rig would not start.... mine would not stop! Off switch broke off, pour spouts not big enough, hose came off.... if it could go wrong today, it did! BUT we still dug 16 buckets (80 gals dirt)and processed 3. (15 gals ). Got a goodly amount with a small picker for our efforts in the 15 gals. I will finish my share of the buckets then take a pic. Dirty, wet, hot (110+) but we had a good time. Rich Hill, AZ does it again! Only equipment failure slowed us down. TTC

Upvote 0

dredgeman

Feb 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like mining in AZ

Think of the memories you will have

silver821

May 29, 2013
glendale az
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
as far as we can tell,we recovered most of our gold that we lost due to the collection tube breaking.the clean up seems to be so far the best!but had a good time even with the setbacks.i just take the setbacks and learn from them for the next time!the kids had a great time playing with the guns and jessica would like to shoot the ar-15 next time.thank you!!

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Jason, I am also showing a good amount for the 6 buckets of dirt I got. I am getting my RV ready for travel today. Fires less than a mile away. May have to evacuate today. Got more pics if I can get them on You Tube. TTC

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
it was the first try, let me know if you need a place to stay!! seriously Terry let me know!!
Thank you very much for the offer, Jason. This is an RV.... as in turtle. I take my home on my back! I've disconnected and taken her around the block. I am ready to travel in two minutes. I can take her down to BLM, down to Stanton, or a motel. Speaking of Stanton, what did you think of the ghost town! TTC

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
we got to talking and drove right by and forgot to look and Jessica was unhappy with me
OOPS! You'll get MANY more chances while hunting around in the nearby dirt! TTC

AZADAM

Jun 26, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And that video is exactly why I don't metal detect near rich hill. Thanks!

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
And that video is exactly why I don't metal detect near rich hill. Thanks!
The video was taken deep in a wash.... shots put on the side of the wash where we could see their placement and "fire in the hole" was announced three times before touching them off. There are MANY places around there where the participants will not take such precautions. But it won't be me or those with me. TTC

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OOPS! maybe you're talking about the amount of lead spewed among the washes.... Rich Hill, AZ would not be any worse than any other BLM area. Firearm use is a viable sport on any public land.... one that I have practiced since my teens and will practice till I die or the British come back! TTC

GarretDiggingAz

Dec 5, 2012
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATG and thinking about another nugget hunter
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
No pics yet? Too bad I couldn't get up there due to blockade. Lol. I might've been able to go the back way. But oh well. Maybe in a couple weeks. I'll be up there. We can compare pics.
Did ya hear about that truck rollover by castle hot springs? Killed one injured three. I thought about heading there as well

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No pics yet? Too bad I couldn't get up there due to blockade. Lol. I might've been able to go the back way. But oh well. Maybe in a couple weeks. I'll be up there. We can compare pics.
Did ya hear about that truck rollover by castle hot springs? Killed one injured three. I thought about heading there as well
After checking into the Super8, Tim went back towards the roadblock. He could see that the fire jumped the road and that the back road was ablaze. But, today is Fri night... tomorrow should be open to return.... a mute point. TTC

GarretDiggingAz

Dec 5, 2012
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATG and thinking about another nugget hunter
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well it's Saturday night and alls quiet. Still not letting people back and now 90% contained.
They say almost 200 buildings destroyed.
It seems like they just might have this fire out. Now if they open the road by Tuesday I'll head up on Wednesday to see if tim needs help unpacking. Lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread