goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Well It looks like Todd and the crew are once again biting off more than they can chew. PLEASE don't tell me that this is going to be yet another season of how NOT to run a gold operation!!!!

I have to admit that the tour of the hard rock mine was cool but poor Todd looked like he was about ready to keel over. When is he going to learn that if he wants to keep going after gold that he needs to get into some kind of shape. Plus you don't just take a little romp up to 16,000 ft elevation and expect to be able to run a marathon. It just don't happen!

That the miners at that one open pit mine were willing to allow them to work there in exchange for some tips from Freddie was nice of them. That Todd decided against going for it because of the road to get there was DUMB!!!! A simple answer to the traffic problem would be to haul everything in and stay put for as long as possible. Heading down to the jungle and the problems with the locals there seems a worse situation in my mind.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

jcazgoldchaser

May 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Someone started a thread in the hardrock mining forum. Remember last season, they went south to the jungle then nothing happened with that? One episode.

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess the show would be no good with out conflict, or the sense that they are risking "everything" to do something they know little about.

They figure a successful season in the Klondike would be boring to the average TV viewer.:dontknow:

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
The show in south America will be ok, But I would rather watch it in the Klondike...

mjarvis

Jan 4, 2013
Gold river
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter. Whites MXT, whites pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Looking for gold anywhere is a good show no matter how it turns out. Can learn alot from others mistakes.

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Personally, I enjoy the show..theatrics or not.

artic gold

Dec 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mike I like you tag line from Coolidge. It is so true. I keep expecting to see the other gold show with Todd and crew come up and visit us in Nome.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will remain a fan of the show simply because I enjoy viewing the adventure related to the quest for gold as well as relating to some of the pitfalls that are encountered along the way.

It's great to ride along and see how mining is conducted in other parts of the world by the locals. Of course It would also be nice if they would show how the big global mining companies operate as well, but regrettably the show is about drama not professionalism.

Say what you want about about the characters on the show, but without them there would be no show at all.

GG~

MODIZZLE71

Dec 24, 2012
Stick to American gold. American gold means american jobs. dont spend $$ in those low end countries

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Death,diseases,crocks,poison snakes,jaguars,critters that crawl up your orafices and propigate,as shown the locals HATE AMERICAN MINERS. Parasites,stomach bugs, ungodly rains/humidity and Todd is ready to run home when his TP gets damp hahaha-someone a gonna die-John

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Say what you want about about the characters on the show, but without them there would be no show at all.

GG~[/QUOTE]
Goodguy i wouldnt say that! heck i can watch people working all day long and not get tired of it!heck id even have a icetea to temper my mode!:) and atleast they are out there doing it and im sitting here drinking icetea while my back is mending!:)

Last edited:

mjarvis

Jan 4, 2013
Gold river
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter. Whites MXT, whites pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It's a show. Take it at face value, putting all this and that in what a waste of time. If you don't like it turn the channel you have a choice just like those guys. This goes so far back to the first explorers and 49ners looking for that pay streak or pot of gold. No matter where they go ill watch, their chasing the American dream of finding "it". Whatever that "it" maybe they are out there doing it while the rest of us sit back and watch. Tell you what, I'd like to be out there with them trying!!! Keep up with the hunt and ill be watching!!

greenerlumber

Mar 4, 2013
Mexico, MO
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I will remain a fan of the show simply because I enjoy viewing the adventure related to the quest for gold as well as relating to some of the pitfalls that are encountered along the way.

It's great to ride along and see how mining is conducted in other parts of the world by the locals. Of course It would also be nice if they would show how the big global mining companies operate as well, but regrettably the show is about drama not professionalism.

GG~

I normally shy away from all the "staged" reality TV. But I guess it's just a measure of how bad my fever is when I'll watch Todd and his merry band of misfits put themselves into situations that border on the ridiculous. I had the pleasure of working with a video journalist and his crew down in Belize in December, 2011 who was filming my operation down there for a segment on a globally broadcast environmental news magazine called "Earthrise". They did a wonderful job and at no time was I asked to "Stage" anything in our operation. No drama, no setups, and no BS. I'm in a business that already has a poor showing of "reality" on Axe Men and wanted to make sure everybody saw the real thing and not the staged crap you see on that program. This video journalist had story after story of work he had done for Discovery and ABC on shows like Pawn Stars and Extreme Makeover that disgusted him to the point of never working in that arena again. So, for all those "Reality" show fans out there, in my experience, about the only reality you will see in these shows is a concocted and definitely not a slice of everyday life for these guys. I'm waiting for the day when someone in the entertainment business decides it's time to come up with an award at the Emmys for "Best Actor in a Reality Show"......sheeesh.
RP

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I will watch every episode...Staged or not. Sure beats watching sitcoms like "Friends" :thumbsup:

OP
OP
goldenIrishman

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
I will watch every episode...Staged or not. Sure beats watching sitcoms like "Friends" :thumbsup:

It beats any show with a laugh track! I for one don't like to be "told" that something is supposed to be funny. If it's funny I"ll laugh on my own thank you! SItcoms should be banned from TV as they are rotting the minds of the people.

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'll will watch on my terms with the DVR but not going to waste another Friday on first run TV, but it’s the same old format, drama, drama, drama... Two weeks into the shows and Todd is running the crew on a wild goose chase. Next will be all the breakdowns of equipment, man eaten by a leopard, high tide wash in and sweeps the entire crew to sea, or a Tatsumi hits the shoreline and destroys their equipment.

webatch

Nov 4, 2012
Southern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Compass Challenger X-80
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"No guts No glory!" lol

I wonder what it would be like to see what really goes on. These guys can't be as silly as the show makes them out to be. If they act like the show makes them out the mortality rate would sure be a lot higher. They would be killing each other or dying from accidents.

Think about it a whole film crew follows them around for a week and we get to see about 30 minutes of new material. The rest of the hour is commercials and repeated footage.

I like to see people who have the opportunity to get out in those places but I have to mute the TV at times because I just can't stand to listen.

I would like to see them prospect some of those spots with their detectors... we've seen the MD advertisements with the Hoffmans lets see if there are any nuggets in those locations.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions