All Treasure Hunting

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Damn this second part was incredible. Dr. Robinson's biography would make for a great movie.

Can't get over that one guy finding the monster nugget while burying his friend. And Brannan should have gotten a much harder karmic comeuppance.
......I know of at least seven different stories all in different areas about guys supposedly find huge nuggets when they were burying people....more......"stories"

bedrock bubba

Jun 27, 2010
Overall, it was apretty good show.

They said a miner took out a 150 # nugget as the biggest ever found in Cal.

WRONG! The biggest was the 195 # nugget found at Carson Hill in 1854 above the Stanislaus River.

The worlds biggest was a 634 # monster found in Australia!

Nuggets are usually considered to be pieces that have broken off of the original gold vein and have been carried by water or erosion to a new location. Applying this definition, the largest mass of gold ever found, the Holtermann Nugget is not really a nugget. Found in October 1872, the Holtermann Nugget is “reef gold” rather than a nugget of gold. Regardless, the Holtermann Nugget, found at Hill End, New South Wales, Australia, was an awesome discovery. Reef gold appears as a “vein” included in rock, normally quartz. This nugget was a quartz reef. By removing the rock around the vein, the gold was recovered in one giant piece that weighed 286 kilograms (about 630 pounds). The true weight of this gold mass is unknown as several pieces are believed to have been broken away in the excavation and mining process

bedrock bubba

Jun 27, 2010
Damn this second part was incredible. Dr. Robinson's biography would make for a great movie.

Can't get over that one guy finding the monster nugget while burying his friend. And Brannan should have gotten a much harder karmic comeuppance.

Its hard to believe that no one shot Brannan!

What was cowardly was that guy that went nutso from mercury poisoning, and ran off withe a jar of gold, and they didn't even go after him!

Ja notice the BIG MERCURY SCARE crap? They said that a teaspoon of merc could poison a big lake! What a crock! And they shrieked that 20 million pounds of merc is still there today, poisoning everything!

I guess Tizzy Martin got a hold of them to insert her mercury scare propaganda!

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its hard to believe that no one shot Brannan!

What was cowardly was that guy that went nutso from mercury poisoning, and ran off withe a jar of gold, and they didn't even go after him!

Ja notice the BIG MERCURY SCARE crap? They said that a teaspoon of merc could poison a big lake! What a crock! And they shrieked that 20 million pounds of merc is still there today, poisoning everything!

I guess Tizzy Martin got a hold of them to insert her mercury scare propaganda!

Yep,just as I said....they lie to people telling em its the history,when in fact it is not,and people eat it up...throw a little exciting BS in there and makes people tell there friends what a great show t is so more people will watch and you have the furthering of their lies...kids learn in school all these lies and the truth about my history is lost.....read this crap like a book,and it pizz's me off

aurumdigga

Oct 1, 2011
Cumming, Ga.
Detector(s) used
AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Once gain Kuger...my double like button does not work.....Aurumguy...stop refrencing the civil war and wild west in relation to the "Gold Rush"..which was a very Brief period from 1848 to barely '51 '52 anything after that is really should just be called life in the New State of California. In the camps of the Motherlode and the Northern Goldfields (different places) Kugers description is spot on. Companies of men trying to better themselves and Moving from place to place learning to mine by mostly trial and error. Cold wet winters followed by muddy messes of spring. Dry and Hot in the summer, Disease was rampant. All kinds of nasty critters thrive in the warm pools of creeks in the summer and peoples understanding of sanitation and the spread of disease, were nothing like they are today. yes there were whores in San Francisco, Sacramento, and Stockton...But you did not just go back and forth from the Goldfields to the Coast or the Delta. Most only went back there so they could go back East, and yes there were "Businesses there trying to squeeze the last of the dust from any foolish fellow who would partake. In the foothill camps there were not really any available women...A few wives and family members....initially to pass time and have fun when they had the chance... the men actually danced together... making light of the fact that there were no women...or in fact if a women did happen to be there....they actually stood in line to take their turn dancing with her....not because they were horny.... but, because they were homesick, and missed the only life they knew before heading west. Like Kuger I put way more stock into first hand evidence and period first hand accounts..there are some good published history books but, they have never attended a day of public school.And it does bug, me that there is this thing that we have to show how horrible our forefathers were....drunks and druggies...is it so we can make society today feel better about themselves????? I think not mainly embellishment of facts...just because coke, weed, opium, and alchohol existed does not mean that it was a main driving factor in day to day life. When you spend a lot of time in the Canyons, creek bottoms and woods here and you see how much work was done by hand, it is very obvious that you are not looking at the work of doped up teenage party animals. Those 5 foot 4 easterners lived on Lean Game meat, the occasional thick cut steak, Carbs and dirty water. If you look at the tintypes you can see that they absolutely had built up the strength to pick you up over their head if you questioned their virtue. By the way Heroin was not created until 1874...so the presence of an opium den does not maean that there was also Heroin...Maybe it is time to go spew ignorance on an other forum.

(Dizzy Digger is mostly right with his statements.)

Heroin was ingested and opium was smoked before syringes. (get a spell checker, it is painful to read what you write) Heroin is made much like cocaine. Solvents were being used thousands of years ago to make fragrant oils. This process is the same process needed to make heroin or cocaine. It is not exactly the same but similar.

Just because you haven't done your homework, don't expect me to put up with your not knowing the truth. Educate yourself a bit more on the subject and you will see where Alchemy was used many thousands of years ago. As I said several times, history has been rewritten to fit some politically correct version of what historians want you to think is the truth.

When you study the history of a certain age, you have to understand the history of the years that preceded the years of the Gold Rush. I was just pointing out that syringes were available and were starting to be used to directly inject heroin, cocaine, and medicines before the the Gold Rush.

Just because cocaine hydrochloride was invented in the 1880's during the gold rush era, cocaine was being injected prior to that from the ease of making cocaine by the central and south Americans. It was rampantly used.

Just because a show on TV shows people not using drugs during a certain era certainly doesn't mean that it was not happening.

Also, THC was bred out of Hemp after Thomas Jefferson was growing hemp with the Ruderalis strain cross that we know today. Why, because people did get blasted by smoking Hemp..... especially when Jefferson wrote about female plants that were not seeded. The non-seeded strains of sativa/indica crosses deliver about 25% THC per dried matter. Hemp was and is marijuana.

Even though Kuger grew up in these areas and says he knows his stuff. I can only say that Kuger was sheltered at best to not stray that way of knowing in his life. Therefore his sheltered understanding of the history around him is good for him. Like I said, some people can't handle the truth and it does seem that Kuger is so defiant in this way or just blame hard headed, that he will never learn anything more that what he thinks he knows. This is good for Kuger because he would be too perplexed to understand that he was/is wrong. Let him be wrong, I don't care. I am not here to teach those that can not learn.

I simply mentioned that any TV show that does not include drug use in the Wild West era or the use of marijuana by Native Americans, and the use of drugs by miners is in essence telling a lie by not telling the whole truth. Children don't need to understand this stuff though. They can just go out of their front door or go to school these days and find out more than this TV show tells about the demeanors of adults and children their own age using drugs.

I have pointed out many instances where our Nation's past history is combined with this drug use and it has never stopped today and it certainly never stopped in the Wild West, Gold Rush, WW1, WW11, Korean war, Vietnam, or even today in Afghanistan where a large bulk of all heroin comes from still today.

Drug use has never changed in our Nation's history and it certainly didn't stop just for the Gold Rush or the Wild West days no matter what the likes of any Kuger minded person says.

I was glad to see that Mercury was mentioned as I pointed out as being highly toxic. Sometimes mercury pills were used to help the mercury poisoning from mining. This was a double whammy to the body and brain. Lead was used as a sealant in canning techniques used in this era to seal all canned goods. It made you crazy. If you add that with some liquor, and your drug of choice, the mind can not handle reality the way it should. This made people kill without thinking about the consequences. Drugs, poison from mercury, lead poisoning, and liquor make a crazy cocktail for the brain to deal with.

Last edited:

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Exactly what I said and thought you HISTORIAN....you dont even know when the Gold Rush was!!!!!!It was not during the 1880's....good job making a huge fool of yourself

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Alright you two. Enough. Let's move on...

707Dut

Mar 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Exactly what I said and thought you HISTORIAN....you dont even know when the Gold Rush was!!!!!!It was not during the 1880's....good job making a huge fool of yourself

Don't u love it was somebody reads couple of bs books and then they gonna teach u about your heritage lmao

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...its even funnier when they put the rope around their own necks!!
Arum,since you like to read books....look into any of the Gold Rush Archi reports and see where any of the items you describe were found...they werent...and I will throw ya a bone....the Gold Rush was from 1849-about 1853-4.
I am done with this,its like fighting with a ....well.I will stop there

Cstyle00

Greenie
Dec 20, 2012
Back to the Gold Fever series. I really liked the show but like all things I take everything I learn on TV like a grain of salt. Yeah, they got me with the one where he found the nugget while burying his friend. I like to believe that one was true even if it wasn't. I'm just disappointed they didn't start the show on the East Coast where Conrad Reed found the nugget in Little Meadow Creek near Charlotte back in 1799 and how they didn't even know it was gold. You guys can read that story if you don't know it. I assume there's just not enough documentation on the East Coast to where they could have made a show about it or maybe they were just too lazy to dig that deep.

You know what I mean? How are they going to start the show with miners moving out west? What were they mining out east? Gold was being pulled from the Carolina's way before gold was seen in Cali. They could have informed people how some of the larger cities like Charlotte was established because of gold.

BTW. There is no more gold in the Carolina's. ;)

Last edited:

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Well I missed the second part of the show. Why you ask? Because I was out in the middle of nowhere digging for gold all week! Just me, my gear, a backpack tent and the stars at night. To top it all off... I'm going back out there this weekend! The heck with false history on the tube. I'll go make some of my own in the wilds of Arizona! PHHTTTTT!

aurumdigga

Oct 1, 2011
Cumming, Ga.
Detector(s) used
AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The Gold Rush started in Dahlonega and then the miners went west. This started in the early 1800's when the trail of tears started. They ran the Cherokee away to get free access to the gold. I live about 15 miles from one of the Forts that was a Cherokee concentration camp where thousands of Cherokee died. I live at the base of Sawnee mountain. The land I live on is Cherokee land or was Cherokee land.

I never said the Gold Rush started in the 1880's. The Alaskan Gold rush started in 1896. The gold rush did not end in California. I mentioned that cocaine hydrochloride was created in the 1880's but cocaine was being processed the traditional ways thousands of years ago until the hydrochloride version was created in the 1880's.

I think that a lot of people have comprehension problems if they read what I said otherwise.

The American indians used marijuana for Religious practices and for anything else they wanted it for as the tribes that are considered in Mexico still do. The Rio Grande is a boundary that was only created when America decided it to be so. The American Indians had no boundaries. Marijuana grew wild and the settlers and President Jefferson grew it. It was that popular.

I think people can't get a grip on what is real and what they want to think when it comes to the way people enjoyed themselves in the 1700's thru today.... drugwise. Get a grip on the idea of out of control drug use because it was as real as the mug you see in your mirror every day.

Historians rewrite history to be politically correct. I pointed that out in many ways and that truth will never change. The dates I gave were references to when our Country was young and till the early 1900's. If anyone can't derive that from what I wrote..... again,..... those same people have comprehension deficiencies that I can not help or care to help.

By the way, the Lewis and Clark expedition took mercury tablets with them as medicine. This use of mercury tablets being used lasted till the early 1900's. I have been commenting on this whole era of the Nation of the USA. Nothing has changed, drugwise or medicinewise during this era till now.

This show, I said, was sterilized for children. Only children would keep thinking this way because they have been told this by liars or politically correct historians. That is OK unless you are an educated person that knows better that realizes the lies of rewritten history of our Country. If adults want to believe this child's drivel..... let them have their propagandized dream of the way the History of the USA was and is today. These people can stay as uneducated as they want. Kuger is a prime example.

Last edited:

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Aurumdigga is quite right about politically correct historians.
Read this for more:
Lies My Teacher Told Me: Everything Your American History Textbook Got Wrong is a 1995 book by sociologist James W. Loewen.

aurumdigga

Oct 1, 2011
Cumming, Ga.
Detector(s) used
AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Aurumdigga is quite right about politically correct historians.
Read this for more:
Lies My Teacher Told Me: Everything Your American History Textbook Got Wrong is a 1995 book by sociologist James W. Loewen.

Thanks Kevin, I never intended to be rude to anyone here. I was doing as best as I could at trying to let people know about rewritten History of our Country. I feel that it is important to understand many aspects of rewritten history. Politics is another rewritten chapter in our history as well.

The Republican party was the party where Lincoln was a part of in the Party's infancy and was the first Republican President. The Republican party was conceived for the abolition of slavery or the anti-slavery party. The Democrats were considered the pro-slavery party at the time of Lincoln. These days, the opposite of this truth is what most people think is true.

I have no doubt that Lincoln was assassinated by pro Democrat supporters that didn't want slavery to end. Senator Harry Byrd was the last KKK Democrat and was an icon of the Democrat party until his death in June of 2010.

I could go on & on.

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much bs-this is a mining tv show thread and your political rant sucks :tongue3:
.........and totally unsubstantiated......I posed several opportunities/challenges for you to support your outlandish claims and alas .....nothing but drivel...your lack of ability to this speaks loud and clear.......

Find me one mention in a period journal of any mention of the use of MJ,or Heroin....neither were illegal,so why would that info be be left out?They talk about smoking opium and as I said we find mass amounts of the brass tins that opium came in.I am not talking about history books.....I am talking about the thousands of detailed journals.....and what WE dig from the camps....and I am talking about the Calif G.R........1849-1855

Arum,did you know that Jefferson was a cockfighter?Did you know that Lincoln was a Ref. at cockfights?Bet ya didnt know that Mark Twains story of the Jumping Frog was actually about a Gamecock?Yea,I know more than a little bit about historical FACTS

....and as far as comprehension,wasnt it I,that voiced displeasure at the lack of fact,in this show?Yes,I beleive it was?You are right,you pounced on me,why,I do not know,because out of anybody on this entire site I highly doubt anybody has gone into the depth of Gold Rush research that I have,well,there is one other.....anyway,I have no other fight in this other then wanting the truth conveyed,and as so far you have shown zero proof of your claims

Last edited:

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Also, THC was bred out of Hemp after Thomas Jefferson was growing hemp with the Ruderalis strain cross that
we know today. Why, because people did get blasted by smoking Hemp..... especially when Jefferson wrote about
female plants that were not seeded. The non-seeded strains of sativa/indica crosses deliver about 25% THC per
dried matter. Hemp was and is marijuana.

25% THC from female hemp plants in Jefferson's time? I'm sorry Aurum, but again I've
got to wonder where you're getting you're info from. There's no chance that a Ruderalis
cross with hemp would ever get beyond 3-5%. Ruderalis is being brought back into the
strain database again due to it's high levels of CBD's, but certainly not for it's potency.

Back in Jefferson's day, there were only a couple dozen strains, worldwide. These are
commonly known as the "Land Race" strains, or the originals that all other strains came
from. The vast majority of these strains were found only in India, Africa and Asia.
George Washington was known for testing one variety imported from India, and
that was when a more potent for of MJ became available in the US. (Yes, it's very likely
that George Washington sat in his rocker on the front porch and smoked a fatty at
the end of the day).

Very, very few of these strains were brought to America before the late 1800's, and
back then there wasn't many people cultivating it; those that did were selling it
to the pharmaceutical industry, as it was a main ingredient in a large number of
medicines of the day.

Seriously...do a web search for "Worlds strongest strains of marijuana", and what you'll
find is that it's only the TOP 5 or 6 strains in the WORLD that meet or exceed 25%
THC, and then only when grown under the most perfect of conditions. Word is that they
don't actually have to be ingested...just open the jar and breathe deep. Honestly, an
average indica/sativa cross today, grown as sensimilla, is somewhere in the 12%-18%
THC range.

Aurum,I'm only 54, but I've had the opportunities in life to gain first-hand knowledge of many
different subjects. My knowledge of this particular subject is not anecdotal.

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Anyways, with regard to the show, I'm really starting to lose interest. Way WAY too much drama and about 10 minutes of prospecting. Really? 2 hours for 10 minutes? It better get better, and soon.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions