Mining Area 51

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have to drive to Phoenix it is shorter timewise to go to L.A. and across but,:censored: that. so I was checking out my route taking Hwy 95 it goes just south of Groom Lake. Since I was in the area I entered area 51 on the Google Earth search and of course it comes up. Neat to look around and if you do there is interesting stuff. I have a question for some experienced U.S.A.F hopefully... Whats up with the track looking lines on the ground? Head North from the red pin google marker..there is an F-16 squadron, greenish track it goes wherever an aircraft may go. I haven't look at other bases but are those always there? There are a lot of vehicles out there. and buildings lots of stuff going on. Now the Mining? South of the main non existing base area...west of the runway...not too close to the flying saucer hangers, there is some sort of operation. I see conveyors settling ponds. no specific wash plants. So what is it placer mine.....for funding awesome death ray experiments, or do they build their own roads?

Upvote 0

wild eyed willey

Oct 25, 2012
Southbridge, MA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter, fast tracker
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I believe if you do some more research, you will find the base or part of it, is built on an old silver mine.

mustangpalmer1911

Apr 12, 2011
Hop Bottom, PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
The "tracks" are painted lines to guide the pilots, maintance crews, or who ever to parking spots, or in and out of buidlings. . It is fairly precise when moving a aircraft. ALOT of money when ya run one into something, and they squeeze them pretty tight at time. You might only have a few inches on the wings or tail when going into a building.

12 years C-130 Cew Cheif USAF.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Goldwasher

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes the lines are precise...wondered if it was for unmanned assistance.... willey the operation I see is current and running... tailings and aggregate by the ton. full settling ponds. and you can see where wet material has been ran. I knew of the pre-base mining.

TAKODA

Aug 19, 2008
Alabama
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have to drive to Phoenix it is shorter timewise to go to L.A. and across but,:censored: that. so I was checking out my route taking Hwy 95 it goes just south of Groom Lake. Since I was in the area I entered area 51 on the Google Earth search and of course it comes up. Neat to look around and if you do there is interesting stuff. I have a question for some experienced U.S.A.F hopefully... Whats up with the track looking lines on the ground? Head North from the red pin google marker..there is an F-16 squadron, greenish track it goes wherever an aircraft may go. I haven't look at other bases but are those always there? There are a lot of vehicles out there. and buildings lots of stuff going on. Now the Mining? South of the main non existing base area...west of the runway...not too close to the flying saucer hangers, there is some sort of operation. I see conveyors settling ponds. no specific wash plants. So what is it placer mine.....for funding awesome death ray experiments, or do they build their own roads?

Be careful out there where those UFO's come and go man . You could find yourself in
an alien abduction type situation and I've read where some of those can be a butt thing .
Don't want to fall prey to the probe . ;D

Doitlaynstyle

Feb 21, 2013
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Rock Nose and sniffer belly
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Looks like a typical gravel pit operation. Probably contracted for building footings, runway bed, concrete filler, and as with all dirt washing operations you would be a fool not to take advantage of the mineral capture aspect. But that is how the govt works, step over a thousand dollars to spend a billion. Keep an eye on that settling area for if the SHTF you could go reprocess lol

OP
OP
Goldwasher

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lmao @ Takoda.........And yes, it does look like a plain ol' aggregate op.

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
A few interesting photos of an area west of Area 51. The second photos looks like a bunch of bombed out craters where many underground explosive test were conducted. The area just west of area 51 looks like moonscape. The first photo is 60 miles west of a Area 51.

Intersting Photo.jpg Area 51 West.jpg

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Albuqerque, NM / Durango, CO
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium & Gold Bug II, Bazooka Super Prospector Sluice
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A lot of toxic fuel and chemicals were dumped on the ground at this base, as has been revealed in more than one lawsuit from employees working there, so maybe what you are seeing is cleanup activity.

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Well given the chance to do some mining there I'd opt for mining their files! Just think of all the stuff you could learn! The truth about many things could be had. Alien ships, Who killed JFK and maybe even what happened to Jimmy Hoffa! Inquiring minds want to know!

Sorry Goldwasher but I just couldn't resist!

OP
OP
Goldwasher

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that first picture you posted looks like a simple diagram or drawing of a dredge i saw in Nome on TV!:)
Its totally a desert crop circle, showing aliens that we know how to make the finest dredges this side of the Crab Rangoon Nebula.:headbang:...:occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread