2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
GMT&GM3 Whites MXT Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher 1280, OMG and the TDI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
LOL, are people waking up?, been in construction almost 40 years, in the beginning anytime a PW project came up for bid, a few dozen contractors would show up, last PW project i worked ( low income housing) in San Francisco only four bids and all outside from other states, a PW sups. asked me why there were not more contractors bidding. I laughed and explained all the nonsense rules and regs governing the PW projects, you know! that local hiring BS
BLM holds solar auction for Colorado public lands ? and no one shows - Denver Business Journal

Upvote 0

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:tongue3: when dealing with the feds now :dontknow: the gain just ain't worth all the pain :BangHead: why waste billions to have some friggn' toad,lizard or plant shut ya down,sic sic sic-John

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
I used to do contract work for the Govt and it's such a p.i.t.a. it isn't funny. After about 4-5 projects (network installations) I said no more of that B.S.

Mad Machinist

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2010
Southeast Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Solar is a lost cause. While it may work on a small scale, like a house or a cabin, the viability of large scale solar is still a pipe dream. It's like John said, when a toad, lizard, turtle, bug, plant, or whatever can destroy a multi billion dollar project, nobody is going to dump any money in it.

And this isn't to mention all the batteries that will need to be disposed of as they go bad. Some nasty stuff in the lead in batteries. Cadmium comes to mind.

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Large scale solar system are not dead in Arizona. The largest system in the world is about to finish up in Arlington, Az with 800,000 panels installed. APS is building two huge systems one in the Dateland, Az area. Batteries are only used in Off The Grid Systems and very few of these systems are being built. Mostly everything being built is on the grid where the generated power is sold back to the utility company what is not used. The electricity flows backwards into the transmission lines basically reversing your meter and removing what you used for the month from the power companies. This is how homeowners have no bills.

Solar system that powers this entire neighborhood on Davis Monthan Air Force Base in Tucson. Solar array at the top. Another large solar array is being built on the other side of the base right now. The famous aircraft boneyard. Do a Google Earth of the base and check it out. Every aircraft you can image is store here. In fact brand new aircraft the military that does not want are being flown right from the assembly line and being mothballed just because are good old boys in Washington cut a deal... Photo from 22,000 ft. Show how large the area is. B-52's being chopped up..

Solar.png Boneyard.jpg B52.jpg

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions