image-1583026248.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 797
Upvote 0

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Jay,

Wow 3 inch pump, let me know how that Harbor Freight pump works out. When breaking in the motor make sure to run the pump a good hour at different RPM's to seat the rings, then change the oil to drain any machining small metal flakes. The Chinese are not about cleaning the inside out on final assembly... With them its assembly speed. The 212cc motor is really a good motor, I am interested in the pump section.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jay,

Wow 3 inch pump, let me know how that Harbor Freight pump works out. When breaking in the motor make sure to run the pump a good hour at different RPM's to seat the rings, then change the oil to drain any machining small metal flakes. The Chinese are not about cleaning the inside out on final assembly... With them its assembly speed. The 212cc motor is really a good motor, I am interested in the pump section.

I couldn't put a chinese pump on that great piece of work. That needs a good Honda motor with a Keene or Proline pump.

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I couldn't put a chinese pump on that great piece of work. That needs a good Honda motor with a Keene or Proline pump.

Blame our government, with 90 percent of imports coming from China and growing. You have more Chinese made products in your home, equipment you use to prospect with than you even have a clue..

goldhog

May 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Blame our government, with 90 percent of imports coming from China and growing. You have more Chinese made products in your home, equipment you use to prospect with than you even have a clue..

It's REALLY tough sourcing US products now. REALLY tough.
We make an obscene effort to buy everything we can from US made suppliers.
So far we've done really well. The only thing we can't source out here are eye-bolts at a "reasonable" price.
Go figure.
:)

OP
OP
Justbent

Justbent

Mar 23, 2013
North Phoenix
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
If the thing lasts me 2 seasons I'm good. I got 2 year full replacement so I bet the thing breaks just before the 2 years is up.

OP
OP
Justbent

Justbent

Mar 23, 2013
North Phoenix
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
If the thing lasts me 2 seasons I'm good. I got 2 year full replacement so I bet the thing breaks just before the 2 years is up.
Made some riffle inserts for my sluice. This is a test.

Attachments

• image-2881899028.jpg
    image-2881899028.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 143
  • image-3640859846.jpg
    image-3640859846.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 154

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nearly all honey on the retail stores has had the pollen removed. Once the pollen has been removed its no longer technically honey, and no longer traceable of where its been imported from. Where is the honey coming from? China.

Jay, that pump should handle your needs at 15K gph. Everybody will poke fun of being HF but as I said, nobody lives in a Chinese free environment. The may claim they do but they are lying....

Last edited:

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's not about "chinese free". It's about quality control. Yeah that harbor freight chicom import might last you many years or it might crap out in 30 days. Are you willing to lose a prospecting trip because the motor died?

Honda motors aren't chinese. They may have a mix of US and Japanese and Mexican parts, assembled in Georgia but the plants have MUCH higher tolerances and as a whole will last much much longer.

Just like B&S used to make the best small motor but after several buyouts the plants moved and quality went to crap.

OP
OP
Justbent

Justbent

Mar 23, 2013
North Phoenix
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
That's why I purchased the 2 year full replacement warranty. I'll probably sell the whole pkg at the outing. I bet I don't bring it home.

OP
OP
Justbent

Justbent

Mar 23, 2013
North Phoenix
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't know if those are going to be very effective. They look far too "dense" and deep to allow proper slurry action.
Ya, I don't know either but I should be able to see real easy. This whole project is a test.

OP
OP
Justbent

Justbent

Mar 23, 2013
North Phoenix
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Nearly all honey on the retail stores has had the pollen removed. Once the pollen has been removed its no longer technically honey, and no longer traceable of where its been imported from. Where is the honey coming from? China. Jay, that pump should handle your needs at 15K gph. Everybody will poke fun of being HF but as I said, nobody lives in a Chinese free environment. The may claim they do but they are lying....
I usually try to buy American or local small business but I'm in a crunch for time and convenience was a big factor in that purchase.
I think I'm ready, we will see

OP
OP
Justbent

Justbent

Mar 23, 2013
North Phoenix
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm ready