What did you do with your gold prospecting equipment today?

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold Buddy drywasher, Black Magic, Pro Gold recirc, Custom highbanker/2.5" dredge, Roadrunner Member
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Simple question. This is a good place to share ideas and reviews. You bought a new piece of equipment. Let us know what you bought and how it worked. Does it need modification? Did it work as advertised? I will start and let you all know that i asked for a Gold Magic recovery system from Pro- Gold Prospecting right here in AZ as a X-mas gift. What did you do with your gold prospecting equipment today?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
K

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold Buddy drywasher, Black Magic, Pro Gold recirc, Custom highbanker/2.5" dredge, Roadrunner Member
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Made a stand for my new Black magic fine gold recovery system.
IMG_20140111_203606_132.jpg

OP
OP
K

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Built my gas powered shop vac today. All credit goes to AzViper. Here is a couple of pics.
IMG_20140112_155143_602.jpg IMG_20140112_155205_055.jpg

OP
OP
K

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Also mad e ahandy little cup to set my snuffer bottle on my fine gold recovery system. I found that I was setting the bottle down here one time, then over there another time, and was always bending down for it, and looking around. Cost me less than $2, and a little time shaving threads with the Dremel tool to make it all fit.
IMG_20140112_155332_247-1.jpg

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
IMAG1183.jpg Fixed my sprinkler with my shovel and pick. Unauthorized use of gold production tools!

Last edited:

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Over the last two days... Hummmm let me see here Got samples from five different locations, did some detecting, some panning some camping and I know there was something else.........

Oh yeah... That's it!!!!

We staked our claim this weekend!
20 acres just to the north west of Granite Mountain in Greaterville. Includes a pond and we even found an old cabin foundation slab that with a little cleaning off will make a good place to set up the camp.

However... Right now I feel like I've been run over by a 18 wheeler and the driver backed up to see what he had hit!!!

OP
OP
K

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Right now I feel like I've been run over by a 18 wheeler and the driver backed up to see what he had hit!!!

That's funny right there, I don't care who you are, that's funny right there.

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Built my gas powered shop vac today. All credit goes to AzViper. Here is a couple of pics.
View attachment 928989 View attachment 928992

Keith your intake on the hose is to high on the bucket. You will be sucking dirt in and then back out. The intake (hose) is to close to the fan intake. You will need to place a deflector across half of the bucket and deflect the paydirt downward.

Keith's Vac.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
K

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I plan on installing the deflector. I hemmed and hawed about mounting it so high.

mrlindeman

Feb 6, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Took the gear to find out the river is a raging lake now. Left the sluice topside and hit the old bench with my garrett super sluice pan and got more today than ever. Time to run the highbanker on the bench.

goldhog

May 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Feeling trap by walls............
Need to get out and fast.
:)

Making final preps on this dredge for the spring.
Its "sister" unit is running right now. (COLD)
Can run as a 5" 6" or 8" which is pretty cool.
photo(3).JPG

Doing some on this one too.
Headed out to the Bering Sea.
This is just the first 8 feet of the sluice.
882089_600407000013410_1591540058_o.jpg

Running tests in the lab in tests sluices with high speed cameras.
1490761_600367500017360_1917661813_o.jpg

goldhog

May 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
High speed cameras... :icon_scratch:...I like the way you think Doc:icon_thumleft:

We can run at 5000 frames per second, but the light required would melt everything around you.

We shoot mainly in 2000 fps when running the tests.

Hangtowndiggins

Oct 1, 2013
placerville ca
Detector(s) used
GBpro. BGT 48" miner, 36" prospector and super mini
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Swung my GB pro around the backyard for for a few minutes today. Dug a heavy old sledge head that ill get back in action and a live rem. 7mm round. Glad I was using a plastic scoop and not swinging a pick to dig. image.jpg image.jpg

Last edited:

goldhog

May 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Swung my GB pro around the back yard for for a few minutes today. Dug a heavy old sledge head that ill get back in action and a live rem. 7mm round. Glad I was using a plastic scoop and not swinging a pick to dig.

Looks like someone had a heck of a fight.

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I plan on installing the deflector. I hemmed and hawed about mounting it so high.

You will need it Keith. In my thread on building the Vac. I mention how I made the deflector and how I bent it by using a heated blowgun.

20130114_160845.jpg

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

AlaskaGold

Nov 28, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I here ya Lanny on the froze up ground and white stuff! It's killing me.

OP
OP
K

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You will need it Keith. In my thread on building the Vac. I mention how I made the deflector and how I bent it by using a heated blowgun.

Oh, I know. I will get it done this week, my daughter was bugging me to take her to the park all afternoon yesterday. She was really good about it, so I had to stop and take her. She was out here watching me with her safety glasses on. She figured out what I was making and was playing with the discs I was cutting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread