austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
You can pan the Llano River in central Texas and Sandy Creek just south of Llano(HWY.16). River has produced nuggets and flakes, creek just powder/flour gold. But you will not get rich. Still, you'll have a pretty good time, maybe make a little money. Dredging may be illegal. Don't know now. Years ago nobody cared, but now? Just do not know...

OP
OP
C

committed

Dec 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thank you guys for the help and the link

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If you get all the way west, I hear the Rio Grande has gold too. Google search for details I bet.

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Sheesh Kevin!!! You trying to get the new guy shot or something? Sending him over to the Rio Grande!!!! Between the drug runners, the Border Patrol and everything else down there, it's worse then my area here in AZ.!!!!

Sawyer

Jan 25, 2013
N. Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab Exterra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kevin is probably planning on going to Texas to pan and mine, and doesn't want some newbie to find all the gold before he gets there! Ever hear of a wild goose chase?

OP
OP
C

committed

Dec 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sheesh Kevin!!! You trying to get the new guy shot or something? Sending him over to the Rio Grande!!!! Between the drug runners, the Border Patrol and everything else down there, it's worse then my area here in AZ.!!!![/QUOTE
lol

GarretDiggingAz

Dec 5, 2012
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATG and thinking about another nugget hunter
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yeah ol tom massie almost got shot there doing an episode of gold fever. Hilarious, yet not. I'd not do the grande. Unless you've got somebody glassing the hills.

Golden
Yeah your area I bet sees a lot of activity. Nice area though. Ever get some travelers come knocking. I had friends on the outskirts of Maricopa get visited, asking for water or food.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread