Wish Me Luck

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Upvote 0

Hangtowndiggins

Oct 1, 2013
placerville ca
Detector(s) used
GBpro. BGT 48" miner, 36" prospector and super mini
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great stuff AU, nice work!! The year is very young, keep having days like that and you'll be making both of our first years take look just plain silly lol

OP
OP
Aufisher

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
There you go! Nice finds. Thanks for the pictures.

All the best,

Lanny
Thanks Lanny, you really inspired me with all your great photos and tales. You are one of my heros!

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The low water levels are a great opportunity for serious sniping now. Here some looks at the SF Yuba, - get out there if you can, there's more gold laying on previously submerged bedrock !
There?s no rain: Dry weather ushers in drought-like conditions | TheUnion.com

Note:
nr. 5 of 7 shows the gut of the river, where in normal times you could not maintain stability with a hundred pounds of weight on, and a dive mask would be ripped off your face. 100's of lbs of gold has passed through this gut since cretaceous times. If you look close, there is a very smart prospector (in a red coat) doing his thing.

Last edited:

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well guys made the long trek up river. Drizzled all day. Setting up at the site photo I see a piece of gold laying on a rock! What's the best way to get gold? Look down and pick it up! Drop it in the snuffer! View attachment 928304

The two best times for sniping, are just after large floods, and drought conditions. Believe me, that seldom talked about mini-bonanzas
do happen with eyeballs, tweezers, and a vial. Just like in AU's pic, above.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Aufisher

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Toss the loupe and grab the binoculars! Wish I had them young eyes!

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks Fullpan for posting this. All I can say is "hit it hard while the water is down boys...

OP
OP
Aufisher

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I hope this drought doesn't mean a gazillion newb yahoos taking our parking spots! Lol

golden sluice

Dec 16, 2013
next to disneyland
Detector(s) used
Thanks Kellyco, and Garrett:smile:... I love my AT gold metal detector!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
God speed! Stay safe and have a good flashlight and hiking boots.:thumbsup:

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I hope this drought doesn't mean a gazillion newb yahoos taking our parking spots! Lol
Count on it! Local newspaper had an article this morning about the "new goldrush".:BangHead: Then it went on to interview one of the prospectors they met. He said this was all new to him but he hoped to buy a $1000 sluice box this summer to help him find the gold better. If I were a lesser person I believe I'd see an opportunity here, he he he!
A lot more interest lately, quite a few guys from work are asking more and more questions on how to get started and they all seem to know of a place where no one has ever mined.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread