Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
hey he moved to TX, didn't die. do they not have the interweb there?

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Herb is probly busy as all get out getting his Casa all setup and dealing with his new job! give him some time to get it all together and if he dont show up here, we all should drop in on him for a house warming party!:)

OP
OP
H

Hefty1

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2010
Oh I expect we will here from Herb any minute now...

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GREETINGS T-NETRS!
I survived the drive from NorCal to Angleton Texas but only because a good friend of mine came along and shared the driving, a true friend and a true blessing. We started on a Monday morning preceded by my having had no sleep the night before, stuff just kept appearing in my apartment to be packed so I was up all night. The drive went perfectly - no breakdowns, no snow or ice, good conversations, some good laughs and only one hotel stay where the place should have been condemned. I mean beds with 5 or more different angles to the top surface of the mattress's.
We made it through the mountains and down to Houston (entered Texas up at the top of the panhandle coming out of New Mexico), that's from Monday morning to Thursday early evening, two road weary fellas. That night there was a freezing rain storm, so go figure no weather problems in the high mountains and now at sea level a freezing rain storm. All the locks on one side of the vehicles were frozen shut as well as the lock on the roll up door of the 26' moving van, my Bronco was up on a full trailer. Oh, this was a U-Haul van with a very Short Ramp, must have been a politician right out of Washington DC that thought up a short ramp "to make it easier to load the van"??????????????????????? Ridding my 1000cc motorcycle up in there got tricky but we made it!
We unloaded my stuff into my 2 bedroom apartment but I am still living amongst a sea of boxes with metal detectors and prospecting gear scattered here and there. Yes, I came here for "the job" as the one I had in CA was ending this year. As it turns out I have this job because I went to a wedding in Kentucky, a very round about happening but it clearly showed me how using my free agency for a good purpose benefited me significantly! Once again I look forward to going to work each day and the day 'seems' like it is over in only an hour or two. There will be a lot of work for me here and I truly look forward to getting at it! The company is in Angleton, ~35 miles south of Houston, BUT they have just completed building a new facility that we will soon begin moving to that is in Pear Land, just outside of Houston, so part of my work will be to help bring the machines back up once they've been mounted to the floor in Pear Land. Likely I will be moving in 6 -10 months so most of my things will remain boxed up.
I will so miss 'My' canyon in CA, I mean after 50 years of crawling around in it, it is a friend of mine. However, there will be things in Texas to do and it would seem I've a call to go "play" in Oklahoma with some kind folks, I look forward to that! So okbasspro just how far from Angleton is Kiameech? Dang, I gotta drive all the way across Texas again? Nah, fly!!

Thank you all for the kind words and a special thanks to my friend Hefty1 for starting this kind thread. Yes, I will miss being at your camp with you on the NFMFAR so send me pictures of what your doing with the claim!...........................63bkpkr

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
As you can tell, you were missed Herb. Glad to hear from you and that your safe and sound. If'n anybody can find nuggets in TX, my $ would be on you. Looking forward to hearing more from you on Texas Gold!
Jeff

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Herb glad you made it safe to TX. After you get settled in and start your new exploring adventures we will be looking for some pics and stories. Take care.

Goldenmojo

midnightmoon

Mar 8, 2008
Los Angeles, California
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
So, 63' -- you'll be about 250 miles from Garland where Garrett's treasure museum is.

When you get a chance stop by and show them how it is really done! :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread