Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
I am sorry the state is trading a long time productive resident for? I always look forward to tagging along on his hikes to bottom of the canyon through his posts and pictures.:BangHead:

Gravelwasher

Jan 3, 2011
El Dorado County
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Herb,

Where you going? Thats the wrong direction for au unless you go further south out of the country.

Once you figure out the weather gold and women are way better here and head back we will have to finally hook up for some gold hunting.

Good luck in your travels and may they be prosperous.

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are one of the best, herb - gonna miss you - happy trails !

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Herb, if there's gold anywhere Texas, I know you'll be the one
to find it and hit the Texas Mother Lode! :icon_thumright:

You best not be leaving the site though...!

okbasspro

Jan 14, 2012
Chickasha,Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
63 when you get settled hit me up I know some spots to play. It's not the same as Cali gold but it is gold and in Texas.

Safe Travels
Jeff

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
well sometimes a person just needs to make a choice.it wasnt stated if this was a permanant or temp relocation! im assuming this is for employment. hope your travels are safe and EZ on the ole bod! i know youll be back on TN as soon as you get setup in your new location!

Last edited:

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It sounds like it's true Herb. Thanks for the update Hefty.

However, I imagine that it's for some far better quality of life for you. I'm sure you're going to miss Cali with all of it's sun, beautiful mountains, and sassy gold, but I know you'll keep in touch. Moreover, you've already got a prospecting invitation from a bonafide Texas gold digger!

All the best,

Lanny

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/metal-detecting-gold/69-bedrock-gold-mysteries.html

gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Will be looking forward to a whole new bunch of pictures from your adventures in Texas Herb.
Best of good gold to you.......

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Herb I have enjoyed all of your knowledge and wisdom and learned a great deal from you. Good Luck in your new adventure and locale..... Texas huh. You might have to change your moniker to Flatland Trekker.........

Goldenmojo

theseeker

Mar 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's Surf PI Pro Dual Field/Minelab Sovereign Elite/Goldbug II/Goldbug Pro
Herb, I never met you but I have always enjoyed your adventures and pics that you have shared with all of us here on TN. May your path be blessed with prosperity, peace and tranquility!!!

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I looked and called all over trying to find a extrusion job but plants closed/laying off and so Herb has left his precious Tahoe national Forest and environs for a j-o-b- as kalif runs off more factories with enviro bs. GREAT honest man and we are greatly diminished by this move :BangHead:-John

okbasspro

Jan 14, 2012
Chickasha,Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Don't worry guys we will take good care of Herb in the Midwest. Hopefully I can tap his great mind and increase my gold take. First steaks and cold ones on me.

midnightmoon

Mar 8, 2008
Los Angeles, California
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I've loved reading your posts, 63bkpkr.

One thing is obvious -- Herb is an uncommon man with an uncommon approach to his surroundings.

Texas! ... a new chapter unfolds in the adventures of Herb.

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Never Know I May Live Next To You!
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well 63bkpkr Welcome to Texas! There is gold here in Texas but much of it is flour fine gold with a few little pickers here and there in the Llano Uplift of Central Texas.

It had been a couple of years since I panned for gold and went out and about primarily due to my job. This year is going to be different for me and hopefully for the better. If you want someone to venture out with you send me a PM and lets find some gold or evne some hidden caches.

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
GMT&GM3 Whites MXT Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher 1280, OMG and the TDI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
bud , hope all works out, bummer, thought we would spend some time this summer, i know why ya pick Texas

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread