Hobby? Ask yourself this question.

mxer47

Jul 28, 2013
Many of you are aware of the tactics of the green movement (govt. agency's included) to define us as hobbyist or recreational gold prospectors, some are not aware.
I have thoroughly enjoyed my time prospecting in the sierras and continually look forward to each trip out. When I find a deposit of gold I try different techniques and equipment configurations to maximize my profit with the hope of freedom. This freedom I hope for is the ability to work the ground for enough money to live without having to rely upon anyone else for a period of a time, or ever. Some of you have done this already and I am envious. Some are just starting and I wish you all the luck. But if you call yourself a hobbyist or consider this a recreation ask yourself this question, if during your next trip you found a deposit you could replace your income with would you quit your job stake a clam, and start mining? If so you are a prospector period. If not for the sake of people like me who hope for freedom please refrain from using the terms hobby or recreation. Thank you.

Upvote 0

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Wherever you live,the 1872/1866 mining laws are given to us from Congress! it is our RIGHT to mine under these laws and to give up them rights by saying your a "recreational or hobby" miner/prospector is giveing your and our rights away! our gubermint is trying to take all of our rights away.WHY give them our Congressionally given RIGHT to them? We are Americans, and its our RIGHT to mine/prospect,and its not just for the east/west coasts to fight over! if so, we are divided and its all down hill from here.FLUSH!

Sample Pan Dan

Bronze Member
Oct 20, 2012
Bostonia,Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On top of all of this, the prez keeps signing executive orders, that directly take away our 1st, 2nd, and 4th amendment rights almost exclusively, and the sheeple don't even see it happening. To quote a jackass, " It's because of 9-11."
Sorry I'll stop now

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread