Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Rather than bump a thread where I mangled the title, I thought I'd just re-post this.

A few members have been asking me to post an update on my sluice. Preferably a video where you could actually see it. I definitely wanted to pay it forward because the reason it works so well is because of everybody who helped out. How good is good? ALL visible gold is trapped in the first riffle, far right side, clean and tightly packed! No gold downstream from there on. I am almost beyond words to describe my feelings. When I saw that, I knew it was finally dialed in proper. In fact, at about two minutes into the video I typed something like the sluice “told” me what to do. LOL…kind of a Zen thing to say…it actually “showed” me what to do. Anyway, this is my prospecting operation with the sluice as lead dog. All I gotta do now is feed it. BTW, I have been trying to post this since last month but Mr. Murphy dropped by for an extended stay. I had to change phones and my new one still won't talk to the computer. I then used our good camera and things really got complicated. It was a severe learning curve. To add to the fire, our “free” internet will lock up for 12 hours if you download, upload or stream too much. That’s bad enough but when Karen finds out I did it? Not pretty!

Hope you all enjoy. Any suggestions or comments always encouraged. Thanks again to all! (yes, typo on youtube. It's a sluice not a suice. Also it's con's, not pay dirt. I s*** at videos...marginally better at prospecting. Now all I have to learn is their editing procedures.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Now thats a pizza....Great Work on the engineering. Always looks easier than it actually was. All you need now is a truckload of dirt......

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Jeff,
That is a sweet working setup you have. I'm thinking the angle on the Le Trap is why the gold is all over to the right side though I would not change it as it works and besides the sluice told you to do it that way.

I will have to be content with watching other folks prospect as I will be busy for quite some time with work, looking for a possible house to purchase (slim chance but I will look) and going out for a moto ride every now and then to relax. Good thing I got out with the Kawi Saturday as the alcohol/gas mixture had started to gum up the carbs, the 80 mile ride cleaned it out. I will use up the last of my NorCal gas-a-hol on the next ride and then I will be Texas all the way, still has 10% Ethanol in it. I've contacted okbasspro to see what he has going on and we could have trip going for say July/August time frame IF work does not require me to be there and it might. So maybe, we will see.

Keep havin fun...................63bkpkr

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Jeff if it makes you feel better I use the term of "Paydirt" It's dirt and if you get lucky and you recovery gold then dirt paid you. So call it paydirt...

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I like your setup Jeff! Nicely done.

All the best,

Lanny

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Looks good to me as well Jeff. It's a shame you can't take it down to the river there and run it! You could tear through some materials if ya could!

Give me a call when you get a chance. Got a couple of questions for ya on that setup.

"The OTHER Jeff"

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread