Jan 11, 2014
modesto,ca
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster IV
Fisher M-97
cheap harbor freight detector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If anyone on here is willing to share there locations in this area for me and a few friends to come to and prospect. whether you know of a small open creek or have a claim and willing to share a small area for us to sluice. i appreciate any info in advanced.
I have tried many times to use blm's website using the lr2000 but have found to be confusing and i dont want to intrude on someones claim without permission.
Im even willing to meet up with someone and work with them.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
S

Santafe308

Jan 11, 2014
modesto,ca
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster IV
Fisher M-97
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the rocker has some canvas matting were you see the tan on the rocker

Last edited:

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That old rocker is cool. I'd recommend something more modern for actual use though...rockers lose a lot of gold, that's why no one uses them much anymore.

OP
OP
S

Santafe308

Jan 11, 2014
modesto,ca
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster IV
Fisher M-97
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yeah figured that much i have used it and it did catch alil on its own but if i wanted it to be more efficient i was planing on making it a high banker and put the rubber matting one day

OP
OP
S

Santafe308

Jan 11, 2014
modesto,ca
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster IV
Fisher M-97
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
anyone get a chance to go out there yet? hopefully next Thursday or Friday ill be able get out there.

QNCrazy

Sep 30, 2013
Motherlode, CA
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro
I'll be going on Monday. Went to my spot on Sullivan creek today and did pretty good

image-1001476540.jpg

Stopped by 49er thrift & gift talked to Tony. He said from the sign near LDMA downstream is open to public. He also said it's pretty well worked but it's worth the trip to try. I'll let you know how it goes.

usher21

Mar 28, 2014
Modesto, CA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter "the Outback"
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I am looking into how to go about purchasing a gold claim. I am going to a place I have been to so that I can get info as to whether there are any active claims. While I am there I am going to pan. I am looking forward to doing some panning. I have to get blood work done in early am, then to the area, and then to manteca to get some stuff to test for sleep apnea- yea! BTW that was said very quietly. Go get em QN! May your pans be yellow! Mark

OP
OP
S

Santafe308

Jan 11, 2014
modesto,ca
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster IV
Fisher M-97
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
QN how long did that take you to find in sulivan creek or how many buckets of dirt?

OP
OP
S

Santafe308

Jan 11, 2014
modesto,ca
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster IV
Fisher M-97
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
and also is the spot you talked about with tony the area ive been talking about at the corner of south fork rd and I-Bar?

QNCrazy

Sep 30, 2013
Motherlode, CA
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro
QN how long did that take you to find in sulivan creek or how many buckets of dirt?

21 buckets unclassified. Buckets 13-18 had very little. 19-21 got better. The gold is better closer to the water in this specific area.

Yes to your second question. I-bar rd. Just before you get to LDMA.

OP
OP
S

Santafe308

Jan 11, 2014
modesto,ca
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster IV
Fisher M-97
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice looking gold looks alil chunky not as flat as the gold i got from knights ferry

OP
OP
S

Santafe308

Jan 11, 2014
modesto,ca
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster IV
Fisher M-97
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
now the LDMA claim is on google maps? as a marker on I-Bar road?

http://goo.gl/maps/g1WtU
this is the spot i believe your talking about correct?
downstream from here?

OP
OP
S

Santafe308

Jan 11, 2014
modesto,ca
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster IV
Fisher M-97
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
okay this is a different location than the one i had found farther up the south fork Stanislaus.

http://goo.gl/maps/1G5Kl

QNCrazy

Sep 30, 2013
Motherlode, CA
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro
okay this is a different location than the one i had found farther up the south fork Stanislaus. http://goo.gl/maps/1G5Kl

I see where you are talking about. That's way up the hill. The area I'm talking about is just outside of Columbia, closer to the lake.

I took a look at that area on geocommunicator and LR2000 and it appears there are no claims in that area. But it could be private property.

OP
OP
S

Santafe308

Jan 11, 2014
modesto,ca
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster IV
Fisher M-97
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
usher21 had looked in his GPAA book and the spot i was referring too is open as well i hope.

OP
OP
S

Santafe308

Jan 11, 2014
modesto,ca
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster IV
Fisher M-97
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
do you have a gps coordinate on the open spot you speak of?
like were it starts an wear it ends

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
There is a 120 acre placer claim named Stanislaus South from the bridge downstream. CAMC#301750 current case file Active and paid up.

I don't know why the folks at Ibar, Tony or the GPAA would encourage prospectors to trespass?
It's always best to check for yourself.

Last edited:

QNCrazy

Sep 30, 2013
Motherlode, CA
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro
There is a 120 acre placer claim named Stanislaus South from the bridge downstream. CAMC#301750 current case file Active and paid up. I don't know why the folks at Ibar, Tony or the GPAA would encourage prospectors to trespass? It's always best to check for yourself.

Clay, where are you finding this claim info? I've checked LR2000 and nothing comes up for that claim. I'm not 100% trusting of LR, but I don't want to trespass either.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread