Jan 11, 2014
modesto,ca
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster IV
Fisher M-97
cheap harbor freight detector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If anyone on here is willing to share there locations in this area for me and a few friends to come to and prospect. whether you know of a small open creek or have a claim and willing to share a small area for us to sluice. i appreciate any info in advanced.
I have tried many times to use blm's website using the lr2000 but have found to be confusing and i dont want to intrude on someones claim without permission.
Im even willing to meet up with someone and work with them.

Upvote 0

H&F909ORO

Dec 26, 2013
California East Bay
Primary Interest:
Other
I would suggest areas on the south fork yuba river. Mineral bar is good as well. As I learned recently there is a claim at mineral bar. If you do go there DO NOT prospect on the right side of the bridge as it is an active claim. Although the left of the bridge is open to prospecting for 3 miles downriver. I can PM you a few locations I was given by some one here on the site if you want. Good Luck!

OP
OP
S

Santafe308

Jan 11, 2014
modesto,ca
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster IV
Fisher M-97
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i would greatly appreciate the PM

OP
OP
S

Santafe308

Jan 11, 2014
modesto,ca
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster IV
Fisher M-97
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
anyone else have any suggestions on places to sluice going up hwy 108?

usher21

Mar 28, 2014
Modesto, CA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter "the Outback"
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
anyone else have any suggestions on places to sluice going up hwy 108?

Howdy, my name is Mark. I been prospectin for several years now. I finally made it to woods creek in jamestown. Found a few colors. Plus I found a couple places I wanna go back to. Had the wife and kids...they were ready to go long before I was. Out on Italian bar road there is a public area down stream from the bridge. That's all I can think of for now. Happy huntin

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Howdy, my name is Mark. I been prospectin for several years now. I finally made it to woods creek in jamestown. Found a few colors. Plus I found a couple places I wanna go back to. Had the wife and kids...they were ready to go long before I was. Out on Italian bar road there is a public area down stream from the bridge. That's all I can think of for now. Happy huntin

Welcome to the forum Mark. I can see you're spending quality time with the family. That's always the solid gold experience!

All the best, and thanks for helping out SantaFe,

Lanny

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/metal-detecting-gold/69-bedrock-gold-mysteries.html

OP
OP
S

Santafe308

Jan 11, 2014
modesto,ca
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster IV
Fisher M-97
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well i want to go to Italian bar rd, so go over the bridge and there should be an area to park an go down to the river?

usher21

Mar 28, 2014
Modesto, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
well i want to go to Italian bar rd, so go over the bridge and there should be an area to park an go down to the river?

From what I have seen, not been there, the river down stream of the bridge is open to the public. Above the bridge is property owned by the LDMA. The area you talk about is a place ii want to get to. I want to try my skills there.

usher21

Mar 28, 2014
Modesto, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ok, this last post was not so good. My i4 has not been in my hand for going on 3 months now. I can't wait til June- then I get a new iPhone. I am using a friends' old HTC til then. What I wanted to say is that I have been wanting to go to this same area myself. I have Sunday's and Monday's off. Let me know if you want to plan a trip up there. I want to test my skills on that area. As far as I know, you want to park right off the road where the river is on the left. And you want to stay in the 3/4 of a mile area down stream from the bridge. Should you cross the bridge, the entrance to the right is for the LDMA claim. I'm gettin' ansty to go diggin'. Let me know if ya wanna go. Mark

OP
OP
S

Santafe308

Jan 11, 2014
modesto,ca
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster IV
Fisher M-97
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i would like to go up there soon but the dam brake booster failed again on my truck,had to order that the other day. was not cheap could have filled the tanks up with that money. but a 360 big block is no fuel efficient vehicle for 60 miles anyhow.

OP
OP
S

Santafe308

Jan 11, 2014
modesto,ca
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster IV
Fisher M-97
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
man when me and my buddys go out to knights ferry we come back bottoming out the car he has . when were loaded up with all are stuff and buckets of dirt for running at home and every pothole or bump is a big ol bang from the struts lol but we have a good time

usher21

Mar 28, 2014
Modesto, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Let me know if you plan to go to Knight's Ferry any time soon. Have been to just look around but have yet to try filling a pan.

OP
OP
S

Santafe308

Jan 11, 2014
modesto,ca
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster IV
Fisher M-97
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yeah no problem ill send ya a message or something next time we head up that way. man i wish we could sluice here my buddy found some nice lil chunky pieces the other day.

OP
OP
S

Santafe308

Jan 11, 2014
modesto,ca
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster IV
Fisher M-97
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
here after a while im going to run my dirt i brought back yesterday from knights ferry in my recirculating sluice hopefully have some nice gold.

OP
OP
S

Santafe308

Jan 11, 2014
modesto,ca
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster IV
Fisher M-97
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well didn't find much in today's clean out a few very small pieces. next time we head out we are more than likely going to 5 mile creek or some were a little closer to Sonora or Columbia .

OP
OP
S

Santafe308

Jan 11, 2014
modesto,ca
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster IV
Fisher M-97
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well i was doing some research and found that the LDMA is at silver gulch and the spot im thinking of is at the south fork of the stanislaus

Last edited:

usher21

Mar 28, 2014
Modesto, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Are you talking about their property on I-Bar road? If so, I've been dyin' to get out in that area.

OP
OP
S

Santafe308

Jan 11, 2014
modesto,ca
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster IV
Fisher M-97
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yeah but they more than likely have multiple locations.i had just found a marker on google maps that said LDMA and it was at silver gulch on I-bar road closer to Columbia. were im going to try to go is at the end of south fork road were it turns to I-bar

QNCrazy

Sep 30, 2013
Motherlode, CA
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro
SantaFe, It's me again. I was just at the 49er thrift and gift store in columbia on Monday. They advised me there is a public area just downstream of the bridge and the caretakers of the LDMA should point you in the right direction. They said they are very friendly. I am off Sat - Tues and was planning on heading down there Mon or Tues with my son. I have been down there before looking for areas to dig. My son and I drove the whole loop from Columbia to Twain Harte (Mental Note: Dueling Banjo's Playing in the distance). Probably won't do it again. LR2000's report for Tuolumne County lists that area as claimed. Not sure who to trust. Hope you can make it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread