GPAA new forum!

delnorter

Oct 28, 2008
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been a past GPAA member and a long time participant in the prospector forum of the old site. The new forum site is pretty much set up for active members with quite a few new requirements.

I would have like to thanked all the posting prospectors for the good times past, information, tips, stories, equipment reviews etc. but not being a member I can no longer even post. So, I'll say thanks and goodbye here. I now have a little more room on my favorites list.

All the best and good luck to you,
Mike

Upvote 0

Nugs Bunny

Mar 13, 2013
Ohio
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've always liked your posts. I let my GPAA membership lapse a year ago, because there are no GPAA claims here in Indiana. I told Jeremy I didn't want to be part of the forum any more because of all the politics over there. That's when I discovered TNet. Haven't missed it one bit.
Ah yes...I remember you! Those "left leaners" never had a chance........

Hey thanks guys!

I never really had a problem with the GPAA, my problem was with Jeremy and how the forum was moderated. I know there were a few that didn't like me but compared to the trolls I was a saint.

I ignored the trolls there unless provoked, once I got on n7032b's radar he tried to debunk anything I posted. Anybody who knows me knows I post information from the source, not from a blog. When dude started posting links from Wiki's and blogs to challenge links from Federal and State Governments the mods should have stepped in.

But instead Jeremy warned me... so I told him like it was. When they started crapping on guys like Mad Jack and coddling the left leaning trolls they lost my respect. The scribblings and attitude of the trolls they chose to protect was the same as those who are against mining and prospecting.

Those trolls from "left field" were allowed to harass and chastise seasoned prospectors, although they never even held a gold pan. They were allowed to espouse sentiments and attitudes in line with those who oppose the mining community. You can't run a prospecting forum from left field, that would be like a metal detecting forum run by archeologists!

I'm sure you guys know exactly what I'm talking about. Most of my posts there were about prospecting, patriotism, history and resisting the current agenda of our left leaning politicians. I can understand where a political post may cause debate, but the ones meant to inspire patriotism were attacked also.

I love America, I love our history, I get a lump in my throat when the National Anthem plays and I believe our Flag stands for freedom and those who fought for it. I think we should all do our part, rise to the challenge and accept our responsibilities as citizens, not put us down or mock what America stands for. For God's sakes... root for our side once in awhile!

Lol sorry for the rant, I just got fired up thinking about the audacity of some of the BS that went on over there! :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah Nugs. And you have the cajones to put your money where your mouth is. You started your own site. And a damn good one!

Nugs Bunny

Mar 13, 2013
Ohio
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah Nugs. And you have the cajones to put your money where your mouth is. You started your own site. And a damn good one!

Thanks Rod!

Things have been slow at my place, I worked so much over the Summer I had little time for anything and didn't post much in months. I have been active lately but have not been doing any political and historical research. Working on things at the house and doing a lot of research of the local area, making maps and scouting new places on Google Earth.

My site is politically incorrect and although it's a prospecting forum it's also a political forum. I added all the other topics because we always want to talk about lots of other things. I let the members vote on most of the decisions, they have voted on everything from the banner to the background color.

I wouldn't compare it to T-Net or consider it a competing forum as we mainly focus on prospecting and politics, but any conversation is welcome.

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Awesome video Reed, thanks for posting. I will be sure to check out your video about how to build the dredge that you are using. :)

GoldpannerDave

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Bazooka 48" Miner and 30" Sniper, Le Trap, Wolf Trap, A52, 2" dredge, Miller tables, Blue Bowl, wheel, Falcon MD20, old White's detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I never thought much of the GPAA. I saw it as the Massie family mining the miners. And that Tom's show, he talks as though those watching are a bunch of 6 year olds watching Romper Room. I tried watching it a couple of times recently and promptly changed channels. Made me sick to listen to the guy.
And Pat is correct, it never was a club but a very profitable business.

Hugh Hokenstadt told me 30 years that Tom was out to mine the miner. Looks like it took a bit of time for it to come through.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't touch that insideous new forum under new rulers and oppresive practices. Thing that bothers me is the MAGAZINE IS DEAD and gone. That was a huge generator of revenues,served a community benefit purpose and I let them post articles on my equipment, articles by folks I let dredge for free and helpful to disseminate some political info to those who want to just play play play with no pay pay pay to keep mining open. Now just another cold blooded,don't give a :censored:$$$$$$$$$revenue generating machine. Liked Ol' Buzzard,got plastered with him a few times waaaaaay back in the day,now he must be a rolling in his grave as all he tried to do is kaput as boys walked off with millions-John

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please keep politics off TreasureNet forums. Discussing politics from another forum is still politics...

Posted From My $50 Tablet....

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
John, I always thought that Ol' George would have been fun to sit around a campfire with and pull a cork from a jug. Quite a story teller and character

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah Russ , I know he is ! Met John a few times years ago. Time flies don't it?

rer613

Greenie
Aug 26, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all, have not been on the site in a long while, I want to join the GPAA but live in Florida (pensacola area) and was wanting to see where there are any GPAA gold claims are that are near my area, cannot seem to get much info. on the GPAA site without a membership, I am retired and just purchased a small 2" dredge and would like to find places close to me.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Here's where the closest gold is for you:
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1461129505.418368.jpg

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hello all, have not been on the site in a long while, I want to join the GPAA but live in Florida (pensacola area) and was wanting to see where there are any GPAA gold claims are that are near my area, cannot seem to get much info. on the GPAA site without a membership, I am retired and just purchased a small 2" dredge and would like to find places close to me.

There are no gold claims in the eastern states. Some of the prospecting clubs have access to private property where gold is found and there are several pay to mine operations in Georgia and Alabama. You won't find native gold in Florida so your dredge might best be used in some of the areas Kevin has shared a map to. Keep in mind there are no free public areas where your dredge will be allowed.

I don't think GPAA has anywhere you can use your dredge to get gold within a 1,000 miles or so of where you live. Some of the GPAA chapters have access to spots with some gold but I doubt they would allow a dredge. I don't have any first hand experience with those GPAA chapters but it seems your best opportunity will be with one of the private fee areas that allow dredging.

I'm sure others here will have more first hand information for you soon.

Heavy Pans

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

If you're serious, I know a guy who knows a guy in the area the other guys are talking about. PM me. Shh. :-X

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
whites, KEENE A52 sluice, 3" dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was a member for a year. after 4 phone calls to get the correct spelling of my last name I gave up! They still couldn't do it! The best part was their mining guide and hat never did get one issue of the Pick and Shovel Gazette.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
That's to bad that the gpaa club has turned into this situation. I used to belong for 15 years and got many people to join and helped form 2 clubs in Misery. the one in St.Louis failed miserably! The other one in K.C. is thriving.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread