GPAA new forum!

delnorter

Oct 28, 2008
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been a past GPAA member and a long time participant in the prospector forum of the old site. The new forum site is pretty much set up for active members with quite a few new requirements.

I would have like to thanked all the posting prospectors for the good times past, information, tips, stories, equipment reviews etc. but not being a member I can no longer even post. So, I'll say thanks and goodbye here. I now have a little more room on my favorites list.

All the best and good luck to you,
Mike

Upvote 0

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
When I attempt to log in or register all I get is this.

[h=1]Server Error in '/' Application.
[/h][h=2]A potentially dangerous Request.Path value was detected from the client (:).[/h][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Geneva, SunSans-Regular, sans-serif]Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: A potentially dangerous Request.Path value was detected from the client (:).

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[HttpException (0x80004005): A potentially dangerous Request.Path value was detected from the client (:).] System.Web.HttpRequest.ValidateInputIfRequiredByConfig() +12703647 System.Web.PipelineStepManager.ValidateHelper(HttpContext context) +166

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.18449 [/FONT]

or in other words..."STAY AWAY"!! :laughing7:

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess
that is why their Events calendar still doesn't have info on any Expos after May 10th Yet :(

I wonder if they have been canceled do to lack of Interest ?

or they don't want the Public making plans to attend ?

http://goldandtreasureshows.com/

Gravelwasher

Jan 3, 2011
El Dorado County
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab
I see now, thats an interesting way to run a forum.

Will seriously limit the amount of posts and info.

I tried logging in today with no luck, I see it's a different beast now, not for me.

midnightmoon

Mar 8, 2008
Los Angeles, California
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The Lancaster, CA show was last weekend. I went to the GPAA site Saturday nite to see Sunday's hours -- and I did not find a word on the Lancaster show at all. Strange.

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I made the mistake in joining the GPAA forum and will not post on that forum again. Total BS in not allowing users to use a username.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It didn't take long for this forum to take off like a rocket when GPAA did this. Buzzard must be rolling over in his grave.
I, for one, extend a hearty welcome to those migrating over from the GPAA site. Please do read the forum rules newbies...we play nicer here than y'all did at the old GPAA site.

kayakpat

Mar 31, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think the Buzzard would be disappointed, The Boys have fulfilled his dream for turning his small for profit business into millions of dollars business it was never set up as a club, which are non profit, but as a business from the get go. I think they did well, now they have no need anymore so they retired basically, as for their web site , the BS about politics was sickning, I am interested in treasure hunting and gold mining, I don't want anybody preaching to me about politics or religion. I am glad this site isn't affected with that noise, this site is very helpful and informative. I do not like personal info on display especially because of hacking

Last edited:

ikesdad

Jun 23, 2010
Colorado
I never thought much of the GPAA. I saw it as the Massie family mining the miners. And that Tom's show, he talks as though those watching are a bunch of 6 year olds watching Romper Room. I tried watching it a couple of times recently and promptly changed channels. Made me sick to listen to the guy.
And Pat is correct, it never was a club but a very profitable business.

Last edited:

kayakpat

Mar 31, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wonder how much gold is left on their claims? After 30 years you would think it would be slim pickings. I like the idea camping on their claims. That and having camps all over would make it worthwhile. Yep mining the miners , that business has been the most profitable for more people than mining I suppose.

ikesdad

Jun 23, 2010
Colorado
They just put a new twist onto an old practice.
They would get people all fired up with their magazine and all the pictures of those nuggets in a pan to where they were getting $ thrown at them.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sidebar: GPAA is not the only business masquerading as a club. Here in Colorado both "Colorado Prospectors" and "Colorado Gold Camp" are businesses you can "join". Both do what they do very well but they are still around to make money off of miners. FYI CGC has some of the most productive claims of any "club" in CO from what I've seen.

Nugs Bunny

Mar 13, 2013
Ohio
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was a very active member at the GPAA forum also, I posted lot's of my DIY projects and took part in discussions. I started lots of political threads along with some really great history.

Now of course those are the ones that attracted the most attention and many battles ensued. When I first joined I replied to a topic and was attacked by one of the regular trolls, then two more jumped in.

I had it out with Megan Rose for weeks, I nicknamed her "Megan Clavin" because she reminded me of Cliff Clavin. After she was done another troll attacked me in her defense, lol this guy argued with me for days on basic math. Then there was n7032b that argued with everything I posted.

I had it out with the admin Jeremy, that is when the real fun started. He warned me for arguing, and I told him to do his job and warn the liberal trolls.

He eventually banned me...

Lot's of people spoke out and their comments were deleted, one guy even started a poll to bring me back and it was deleted. So I decided to terrorize my buddy Jeremy a little bit.

I purchased hosting from Web Wiz Forums (the same GPAA used for the old forum) and started my own forum (Gold Prospector's Forum of America) then I started sneaking out refugees.

I would join the forum several times a day using different screen names, then I would confront Jeremy by posting stuff about him and the way the forum was run. I used the names of all the characters from South Park and other similar shows, I even made up names like "Banned Bunny".

Lot's of people had already been complaining about the selective censorship and the left leaning tune the forum started to take. So my antics kind of were highly appreciated by some members.

Mad Jack was having his own problems with them for the same basic reasons, and he was banned shortly after I was. I posted a lot about that over there too, Jeremy deleted all those comments but the damage was done.

Shortly thereafter they started their new forum, and most people do not like it. There are several complaints posted at their new forum about it, they seem to ignore that the majority do not like the new format.

Now here is something most do not know, the software they are using for that "new" forum... is open source freeware. To those who are not computer savvy, this means it's a program created by anonymous contributors on the internet then distributed at no charge to the public for free use by anybody.

Talk about a security nightmare! WOWZA there are literally dozens of security exploits that could be hidden within that "freeware" my God have they lost their minds?? Web Wiz costs a measly $17 bucks a month!

dpb.PNG

ikesdad

Jun 23, 2010
Colorado
Sidebar: GPAA is not the only business masquerading as a club. Here in Colorado both "Colorado Prospectors" and "Colorado Gold Camp" are businesses you can "join". Both do what they do very well but they are still around to make money off of miners. FYI CGC has some of the most productive claims of any "club" in CO from what I've seen.

Gpaa was a profitable business model. Others were surely to apply the same methods.

Jimmydolittle

Mar 14, 2013
Hendricksville Indiana
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I've always liked your posts. I let my GPAA membership lapse a year ago, because there are no GPAA claims here in Indiana. I told Jeremy I didn't want to be part of the forum any more because of all the politics over there. That's when I discovered TNet. Haven't missed it one bit.
I was a very active member at the GPAA forum also, I posted lot's of my DIY projects and took part in discussions. I started lots of political threads along with some really great history.

Now of course those are the ones that attracted the most attention and many battles ensued. When I first joined I replied to a topic and was attacked by one of the regular trolls, then two more jumped in.

I had it out with Megan Rose for weeks, I nicknamed her "Megan Clavin" because she reminded me of Cliff Clavin. After she was done another troll attacked me in her defense, lol this guy argued with me for days on basic math. Then there was n7032b that argued with everything I posted.

I had it out with the admin Jeremy, that is when the real fun started. He warned me for arguing, and I told him to do his job and warn the liberal trolls.

Lot's of people spoke out and their comments were deleted, one guy even started a poll to bring me back and it was deleted. So I decided to terrorize my buddy Jeremy a little bit.

I purchased hosting from Web Wiz Forums (the same GPAA used for the old forum) and started my own forum (Gold Prospector's Forum of America) then I started sneaking out refugees.

I would join the forum several times a day using different screen names, then I would confront Jeremy by posting stuff about him and the way the forum was run. I used the names of all the characters from South Park and other similar shows, I even made up names like "Banned Bunny".

Lot's of people had already been complaining about the selective censorship and the left leaning tune the forum started to take. So my antics kind of were highly appreciated by some members.

Mad Jack was having his own problems with them for the same basic reasons, and he was banned shortly after I was. I posted a lot about that over there too, Jeremy deleted all those comments but the damage was done.

Shortly thereafter they started their new forum, and most people do not like it. There are several complaints posted at their new forum about it, they seem to ignore that the majority do not like the new format.

Now here is something most do not know, the software they are using for that "new" forum... is open source freeware. To those who are not computer savvy, this means it's a program created by anonymous contributors on the internet then distributed at no charge to the public for free use by anybody.

Talk about a security nightmare! WOWZA there are literally dozens of security exploits that could be hidden within that "freeware" my God have they lost their minds?? Web Wiz costs a measly $17 bucks a month!

View attachment 1107453

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

View attachment 1107453

Ah yes...I remember you! Those "left leaners" never had a chance........

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a lot of respect for the old Buzzard, I watched his shows and there was plenty of politics and that was fine. I joined GPAA back in the 80's and the the LDMA later on because they had a screaming claim on the North Yuba back then. I went there many times and even last year I went to a claim that was being worked by quite a few members. A couple of them sat and talked with me for a while and they showed me some nice nuggets that they were getting on the claim. Plenty of pickers and lots of nuggets can be found on many of the GPAA claims and then there are many that have been hammered to death. It all comes down to access like usual. Like you I don't go to the GPAA forum anymore but that's because I choose one forum to belong to because I don't have time to watch them all. I enjoy being LDMA, New49er's, a Goldhound, GPAA, along with others that I join here and there for fun. I made a video of our time at the North Yuba LDMA claim and it was a lot of fun. I have known the claim owner for many years now and the river is still one of my favorite places to search for that elusive metal...

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
nice video as usual Reed! wish we could have gotten the dredge wet when we meet up with you in Wyoming! If it wasn't for the forest fire!!! This year we will be going back to have a memorial for ole Gene "Geno" Wiley and his wife.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread