One of my Favorite miners and a 100 oz bar of placer gold we melted!

jewelerdave

Aug 29, 2007
Fort Collins, Colorado
Detector(s) used
I just follow my nose!...where the silver and gold goes!
Minelab 5000, Goldmaster, and a few others
XRF spectrometer, Common sense.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Just Freddy and I after a melt. Wish I could share more but am sworn to secracy. :) not a bad brick!

daveandfreddy.jpg

Upvote 0

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice, Freddy's the best, great to see his success regardless of where it's from.

OP
OP
jewelerdave

jewelerdave

Aug 29, 2007
Fort Collins, Colorado
Detector(s) used
I just follow my nose!...where the silver and gold goes!
Minelab 5000, Goldmaster, and a few others
XRF spectrometer, Common sense.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
OK pull the union cards! Neither one of these guys has foundry shoes on.

Thank god I dont live in a place where unions are required and we dont have to put up with the politically correct BS and policies that were made up by some clueless student with half a brain. I realize unions were fighting the good fight 100 years ago but some of the stuff they come up with today is just...well. I dont agree with it.

common sense safety is the norm.
Fortunately Business run like mine and Fred's are run fair, safe, and efficiently. No unions as people are begging to get jobs like this. But its the sort of thing you get pulled in on as friends or family. No walk in off the street hires.

When I first opened up I almost shot a guy who walked in asking for a job before the fences went up. Idiot walked in while i was setting up equipment and from behind me and said "Hey Are you hiring". Scared the crap out of me. who just walked into a place with no signs on the door and sneaks up on someone like that?

I turn and pulled and clearly the guy had never had a gun pulled on him before. Took him a few seconds to figure out what just happened and the guy pisses him self. I yell at him to leave and he does....talk about a stupid thing to do. Granted he didnt know what we were doing or going to be doing but who walkes into a warehouse that is otherwise abandoned. Few days later fences and barricades were in and that never happens again...except the people come to the front office asking.

In those cases I have had some fun. one lady i fixed a ring for but she annoyed the hell out of me and pissed me off a couple months later came back and asked if I was hiring.

I handed her a shovel and pointed to the foot hills. The staff was amused but the lady was not. LOL Took her a few min to figure out i was telling her to go dig up here own riches like the rest of my clients.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
LoL, great stories!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread