Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: May somebody post some pictures of their gold trap box "Bazooka"

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    May 2014
    9 times
    Prospecting

May somebody post some pictures of their gold trap box "Bazooka"

I'm currently building a gold trap box.
    My only problem has been that I haven't been able to get a picture of the end of the box itself. (where the trap is)
    I've been wanting to see a picture of the overflow cutout/ exit side. If you've made your own or have a bazooka I would love a picture.

My box is made of sheet metal and it's turning out pretty good. I will be adding pvc pipes to the gold trap to keep a steady stream of water coming in to keep the material in a liquefied state.
    Pictures to come of it soon.

Thanks!

May 2005
    St. Louis, missouri
    4423 times
    Research these forums, what your asking for is in there somewhere. it had lots of pictures.

us
    Dec 2013
    N. California
    Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
    4698 times
    Prospecting
    type goodyguy or fluidbed into the search bar. GoodyGuy has info on what you are looking for

us
    Author of a book about finding gold in Colorado

Jan 2012
    Summit County, Colorado
    Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with Banker on top, Bazooka Goldtrap sluices, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
    10537 times
    Prospecting
    The spacing and angle of the holes in the fluidization tubes is crucial to fine gold recovery. If you persist in making your own, make your tubes removable so it's easy to modify them or even replace them as you run tests. Any idiot can build a fluid bed but building one that holds gold down to -100 and still kicks out the lighter material...now that's a trick! If you get frustrated, I hear there's a company that's already figured it out and sells em...

Sep 2012
    Oregon
    169 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    I've got a mini BGT, and something a lot of people miss is the fact that there is a baffle in the top of the trap to force the gravel down into the trap and not let it just shoot out the back end. Sorry, no pictures. Maybe somebody else could come up with one.

us
    Oct 2013
    Utah
    Bounty Hunter
    37 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by go4thegold View Post
    I'm currently building a gold trap box.
    My only problem has been that I haven't been able to get a picture of the end of the box itself. (where the trap is)
    I've been wanting to see a picture of the overflow cutout/ exit side. If you've made your own or have a bazooka I would love a picture.

My box is made of sheet metal and it's turning out pretty good. I will be adding pvc pipes to the gold trap to keep a steady stream of water coming in to keep the material in a liquefied state.
    Pictures to come of it soon.

Thanks!
    I don't know if this will help or not but here is what I came up with for a small portable recirculating Mini Bazooka size sluice that I use for the desert and processing a 5 gallon bucket or two. I got the basic hole configuration from about 3 other sources who were building bigger sluices. The pattern worked well for me also. My box is set up so that I can easily view what is going on inside and I tweaked the configuration to work the best for me.

If you draw a center line, the line of holes are about 1/2" to either side of the line. The outside holes are 1/2" apart from front to back. For the center I used 1" apart and staggered so they don't line up the same on the two tubes. The pic here shows 1/2" spacing which gave a little too much turbulence in the center with the combined holes and the water coming down the slick plate.

Sorry the picture isn't better. It's a reference pic I take periodically as I build projects.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hole Config.JPG 
Views:	234 
Size:	181.9 KB 
ID:	997960
    ALewis likes this.

us
    May 2014
    9 times
    Prospecting
    Thank you for the tips guys. Some of you have definitely helped a bunch.

I will be out on the American River soon getting that gold.
    Gonna be a golden summer this year!

Sep 2012
    Oregon
    169 times
    Those holes are also pointed towards the bottom of the trap. At least on mine they are.

us
    Oct 2013
    Utah
    Bounty Hunter
    37 times
    Prospecting
    Sorry, yes that is correct. I should have mentioned they are face down. Wish you the best of luck. Would like to hear how you do.
    ALewis likes this.

us
    May 2014
    AZ
    Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and /home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
    2933 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by benny View Post
    I've got a mini BGT, and something a lot of people miss is the fact that there is a baffle in the top of the trap to force the gravel down into the trap and not let it just shoot out the back end. Sorry, no pictures. Maybe somebody else could come up with one.
    Can someone describe the baffle and how and where it is situated? Does it extend below the horizontal line between entry and exit level or what?

us
    I can dig it! "WP"

Mar 2007
    Arizona
    Bounty Hunter's, Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Suction Dredges, Hand Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Gold Pans, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4 Shaker table etc
    4125 times
    Quote Originally Posted by arizau View Post
    Can someone describe the baffle and how and where it is situated? Does it extend below the horizontal line between entry and exit level or what?
    Here is the way I do my baffle:
    I just make sure that it extends into the trap from 1/4" to 1/2" lower than the top of the exit port, that way everything entering the trap gets dunked.
    (dont look at the holes in the tubes, those tubes were proto types that were discarded)

Name:	baffle.jpg 
Views:	334 
Size:	43.5 KB 
ID:	998488
    Last edited by Goodyguy; May 21, 2014 at 03:01 PM.
    ALewis, Jimmydolittle and russau like this.

us
    May 2014
    AZ
    Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and /home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
    2933 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Goodyguy View Post
    I just make sure that it extends into the trap from 1/4" to 1/2" lower than the top of the exit port, that way everything entering the trap gets dunked.
    (dont look at the holes in the tubes, those tubes were proto types that were discarded)

That is similar to what I have done with mine but is it the same concept as the one incorporated in the original Bazooka if there is one at all?

us
    I can dig it! "WP"

Mar 2007
    Arizona
    Bounty Hunter's, Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Suction Dredges, Hand Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Gold Pans, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4 Shaker table etc
    4125 times
    That is similar to what I have done with mine but is it the same concept as the one incorporated in the original Bazooka if there is one at all?
    I have never had the opportunity to inspect a Bazooka gold trap in person I have only seen pictures of them, the pictures don't show what's inside.
    Here is the only inside illustration I've seen and I have no idea of how accurately detailed it is.

http://www.bazookagoldtrap.com/conte...structions.pdf

Soon though I will have a 48" Bazooka Miner model to see If I can adapt it for use on my 4" dredge.

GG~
    Last edited by Goodyguy; May 22, 2014 at 06:50 AM.
    Jeff95531 and Hangtowndiggins like this.

us
    May 2014
    AZ
    2933 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Goodyguy View Post

It looks to me that the diverter you incorporate scoops all of the water and material entering the trap downward into the bed material and may cause a scouring action that may effect recovery efficiency. My new idea would be to have the diverter not be full height but begin pretty much on a level between the bottom of the entry and exit ports thus allowing gravity to settle the material behind the diverter into the lower reaches of the bed material to begin the fluid bed actions with little or no scouring taking place except on the top of the bed after the material has gone under the diverter. I used a diverter similar to yours and it seemed to scour my box of most of the fine black sands and probably some gold. Just some food for thought.
    PS Thanks for the response.

us
    I can dig it! "WP"

Mar 2007
    Arizona
    4125 times
    It looks to me that the diverter you incorporate scoops all of the water and material entering the trap downward into the bed material and may cause a scouring action that may effect recovery efficiency. My new idea would be to have the diverter not be full height but begin pretty much on a level between the bottom of the entry and exit ports thus allowing gravity to settle the material behind the diverter into the lower reaches of the bed material to begin the fluid bed actions with little or no scouring taking place except on the top of the bed after the material has gone under the diverter. I used a diverter similar to yours and it seemed to scour my box of most of the fine black sands and probably some gold. Just some food for thought.
    PS Thanks for the response.
    Thanks for the comment,
    When I had a plexiglass cover over the trap I didn't notice any scouring, I think it could have been due to the distance from the bottom of the ramp to the leading edge of the diverter which has a gentle slope into the trap instead of a steep angle. Another contributing factor could be that my grizzly (3/16" punchplate) being level with the bed reduces turbulence into the trap eliminating any scouring action. The red arrow points to the nugget trap In front of the grizzly.

Name:	gt3.jpg 
Views:	373 
Size:	360.3 KB 
ID:	1000329

However, I would be very interested to see an example of the new idea that you are suggesting.
    I'm always open to any improvements I could make.

GG~
    Last edited by Goodyguy; May 25, 2014 at 05:58 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links