cube vs wheel or both

longtime

Apr 23, 2014
Columbus Ohio
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey guys/gals, i have heard all good about the cube. i m wondering if i should get a cube, then use a wheel also afterwords... of if the cube will work it down to good enough panning material. plus i am looking for a good place to buy used equipment. everywhere i have seen stuff for sale the people are asking about the same price they bought it for. im finding the bigger gold and losing all the smalls at this point(need to change angle/water speed/feed rate to fix that. heres what i found in 4 buckets here in columbus ohio 10350533_10154153295920224_8185524626819210076_n.jpg

Upvote 0

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SO true! There is an older gentleman a mile from where i live that runs the panning section of the gold museum we have in villa rica ga. Nice guy, but he refuses to teach me or answer any questions i have despite him admitting he is a day, night, rain, shine, weekday, weekend prospector. I mean, he has a highbanker, dredge, and multiple sluices for gods sake. No body spends that kind of time and money and doesn't acquire some sort of knowledge. it really chaps my a** that someone who has been doing it for more than 25 years doesnt want to share his tips, and recommendations with someone who is just starting out. :(
Hmmmmm sounds like a real nice fella.....or maybe he does have all that gear....spends all his time at the museum and really doesn't find all that much out in the "wild"...hence his reluctance to share his supposed wisdom??????

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Lincolnton North Carolina
Detector(s) used
30" Bazooka Sniper, Drop Riffle sluice box.
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Eh, most likely. I just dont understand? he is like 75ish. its not like he can take his skills, advice, and secrets to the grave.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bet if you was my neighbor i would have no problems getting you to run out into them hills with me day or night !!!!
Looks good.
GT................

You got that right Herb :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread