All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The real gold is all them goodies the skiers lose and the dumps where all the snow removal equipment dumps the extra snow-John

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Monster, Sierra Gold Trac, GB2, the Falcon......and just as many drywashers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The real gold is all them goodies the skiers lose and the dumps where all the snow removal equipment dumps the extra snow-John
I like your way of think'n John

Rick; There most likely is some color to be found in that drainage perhaps more but any good prospector who hit a streak or hot spot in there would never spill for fear of starting a rush into into his diggs. I do think it would be worth your while to at least cherry pick sample especially if you can find runs of exposed bedrock. Access shouldn't be much problem but whenever I'm concerned about leaving my truck unattended all day my wife or a friend will drop me in early and come back at dark. Good luck......Rob

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RickA , If the old Baden Powell mine drains into it[I can't remember], it will no doubt have some color.G/L

OP
OP
R

RickA

Tenderfoot
Jul 26, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you John. Leave no trace and why tell the whole community if you did find anything. Makes perfect sense. But if I do find something, might drop you an email.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ah, I remember Mt. Baldy.... My son (RIP) and I hiked up to the summit in '82 to see the only herd of Nelson bighorn sheep left in CA. Up past The Narrows... Memories! TTC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread