GOLD RUSH BEGINS TONIGHT

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Last edited:
Upvote 0

gerter

Tenderfoot
Jan 12, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Coldshuz

May 18, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Minelab X-Terra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not to sure Tony is looking to get the dredge in top form this season. He's mentioned a number of times that he just wants to get gold in the box this season. In fact this last episode, Tony stated that he'd used any gold they get this season to upgrade it for next season. Could be that he gets a bonus from Discovery if he gets it working this season.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
not allot new this week again.

seems to me the deal where Tony tried to make Parker waste time, was either for Drama,
and never really happened.

or Tony is trying to sabotage Parker's run for enough gold to get away from him.

I think Parker called it when he Mouthed Tony's an A.H. (I'll leave it with initials)

Looks like Mr. Toad's crew is finally admitting to digging gold.

did it seem a bit staged to you too that every ones family was sitting there when
they did the cleanout & announced the totals.
seemed obvious to me they already knew the totals when they called them all to come up for the photo
shoot.

last cleanout that stunk was not like a family reunion :tongue3:

Last edited:

bill-costa rica

Sep 19, 2010
playa samara
Detector(s) used
sd2100 infinium ls, 10 inch dredge
anybody know of a you tube link that i can see gold rush on ? the guy i was using was just banned from u tube MIDI collections . he was right on top of the shows with people from lots of other countries , like me that used him.

bill/cr

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm with Tony on going deeper into the bed rock. You go to all the expense to get down there, you have to at least check it.

As far as being hard on Parker's equipment, his screens are worn out. Not having replacements on site is not smart.

The hoffmans....who knows, they will probably break even for the season, and treat it like a major win.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm with Tony on going deeper into the bed rock. You go to all the expense to get down there, you have to at least check it.

As far as being hard on Parker's equipment, his screens are worn out. Not having replacements on site is not smart.

The hoffmans....who knows, they will probably break even for the season, and treat it like a major win.

Checking deeper on the bedrock is one thing, forcing a lease holder to spend more money than it makes just so there is zero gold left is plain stupid. But it sounds like more manufactured drama from the producers than reality.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If the gold isn't producing enough to justify the expense then you stop its simple. If they were pulling nuggets they modify. Notice Gene and Parker had a smart compromise and solution. And Tony was still a jerk. Seems obvious that Parker will have his own claim next year and they are building up the story line. Also as much as I/we wish we had more old" timers" to lean on for advice and experience....some of those "old timers" that are around can't stand to see the younger guys with fresh ideas and their own plans be successful, when they do something they aren't "supposed" to do. Parker is under some kind of contract he owes 15 % to Tony. I wonder if its standard to pay out constantly. The Blobman doesn't have to pay up until the end but, Parker hands it over periodically. If he had issues managing his revenue I would understand. As a mine owner I would want the cash flow and would set up an account to hold the revenue pay Tony off at the end of the season and keep the interest

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If the gold isn't producing enough to justify the expense then you stop its simple. If they were pulling nuggets they modify. Notice Gene and Parker had a smart compromise and solution. And Tony was still a jerk. Seems obvious that Parker will have his own claim next year and they are building up the story line. Also as much as I/we wish we had more old" timers" to lean on for advice and experience....some of those "old timers" that are around can't stand to see the younger guys with fresh ideas and their own plans be successful, when they do something they aren't "supposed" to do. Parker is under some kind of contract he owes 15 % to Tony. I wonder if its standard to pay out constantly. The Blobman doesn't have to pay up until the end but, Parker hands it over periodically. If he had issues managing his revenue I would understand. As a mine owner I would want the cash flow and would set up an account to hold the revenue pay Tony off at the end of the season and keep the interest

Only a Guess , but I think the regular payouts to Tony is the Producers Idea.

Reason to show the payments and have tony swear for drama :(

he's on the time clock anyway.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

goldog

Sep 25, 2012
Tujunga, CA
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap, A-51, Gold Pan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I haven't seen this week. From what I see Tony just doesn't want "pay" covered over. The Math gets complex. He would get more from Parker this year but gold covered with tailings is gone forever. I suspect there is some "good pay" down there. The kid may have to eat some crow.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
those low grade streaks will be worth mining when gold is at 4k

Underburden

Mar 22, 2012
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Gold Hog Stream Sluice
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Funny how they had a camera mounted on the rock truck, pointed to the rear, when it flipped.
Gee, it's almost like someone scripted it:icon_scratch:
We all know, Christo wouldn't allow a script on his 'Real Show'.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks to FF I saw 5 minutes of last nights show.

The truck Flipping

and the Gold at the end.

I think I caught everything important

bill-costa rica

Sep 19, 2010
playa samara
Detector(s) used
sd2100 infinium ls, 10 inch dredge
well they killed the link again this week, looking for a new link that you don't have to give a creit card to use.

bill in costa rica

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread