GOLD RUSH BEGINS TONIGHT

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Last edited:
Upvote 0

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hoffmans gonna scramble for better ground?

I think the Hoffmans need to Scramble for New Hoffmans :laughing7:

I think Volvo sends this equipment in to run it by the cameras.
It's called "Product Placement"

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg

In this case it shows Gold Miners what is out there

Of course the Toads problems may be all Manufactured Drama.
They may have gotten their Thousand ounces the first few weeks & production is adding drama to make us think
they may not get their goal.

I'm sure the Kid will do some more Yelling & carrying on again at Gene Gene the Gold prospector Machine.

And Dirty Hairy guy who Swears all the time will say

^%&& %^&** the ^&*** of *&*&&^^ #$%^ !!!!!!over & over.

so other then that, I predict I will fast forward through 90% of the show again

Last edited:

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What about those drilling maps? They didn't mention anything about it.

meMiner

Bronze Member
Jul 22, 2014
Port Perry, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Minelab 800,
Fisher CZ21, F75SE, Gold Bug 2.9 & Minelab GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am looking forward to this episode. By the end of the season, I suspect the Hoffmans do OK, if only because they are on the same claim next year.

This week I am betting we learn that the Hoffmans move sites within the claim, based on the info from the maps, have to shut down and strip overburden on the new spot and then leave us hanging as to whether or not the new spot works out (it will, but that is next week).

On the other hand, I anticipate Parker is "cooking with gas" and really hits it this week in his far cut (prediction 250 oz) plus he starts looking to buy another location and finds out he needs 1000 more oz than his original 2000 oz target.

Tony will continue to build his old dredge, take a few short cuts and maybe bend something, yell a few swear words and collect his "jar" from Parker. It is still too soon in the show for the dredge to get completed. That will probably be the last episode. I guess we should study the background to see if he really got it done early in the season (look at the growth on the trees) or if it really took until fall. Maybe he got it moved in a month and it only looks like a whole summer. ;-)

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found the script for turd for this week!!

turd: guys I know there's gold here I just know it.
I know it's halfway through the season, but if we try really hard we can get out 1000 ounces.

next scene ( after a breakdown or hardship)

dave: turd what are we gonna do? we can't get our gold with the thing broke down.

turd: come on guys I haven't gotten the 200 oz I promised the landowner or the 100oz I owe for the red thingy.
you guys get it fixed while I ride my 4 wheeler and talk on my walkie talkie.

closing scene after the cleanout

old man: well it wasn't that good fellas, only 45 oz

turd: that's disappointing, guys come on in and hold hard hats together and dad say a prayer for us so the amazing christo doesn't see how lame we are.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am looking forward to this episode. By the end of the season, I suspect the Hoffmans do OK, if only because they are on the same claim next year.

This week I am betting we learn that the Hoffmans move sites within the claim, based on the info from the maps, have to shut down and strip overburden on the new spot and then leave us hanging as to whether or not the new spot works out (it will, but that is next week).

On the other hand, I anticipate Parker is "cooking with gas" and really hits it this week in his far cut (prediction 250 oz) plus he starts looking to buy another location and finds out he needs 1000 more oz than his original 2000 oz target.

Tony will continue to build his old dredge, take a few short cuts and maybe bend something, yell a few swear words and collect his "jar" from Parker. It is still too soon in the show for the dredge to get completed. That will probably be the last episode. I guess we should study the background to see if he really got it done early in the season (look at the growth on the trees) or if it really took until fall. Maybe he got it moved in a month and it only looks like a whole summer. ;-)

I think Parker made 3000 ounces this season, and that's why they threw that number at him.

Drama till the end

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found the script for turd for this week!!

turd: guys I know there's gold here I just know it.
I know it's halfway through the season, but if we try really hard we can get out 1000 ounces.

next scene ( after a breakdown or hardship)

dave: turd what are we gonna do? we can't get our gold with the thing broke down.

turd: come on guys I haven't gotten the 200 oz I promised the landowner or the 100oz I owe for the red thingy.
you guys get it fixed while I ride my 4 wheeler and talk on my walkie talkie.

closing scene after the cleanout

old man: well it wasn't that good fellas, only 45 oz

turd: that's disappointing, guys come on in and hold hard hats together and dad say a prayer for us so the amazing christo doesn't see how lame we are.

That's the script for EVERY episode!

meMiner

Bronze Member
Jul 22, 2014
Port Perry, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Minelab 800,
Fisher CZ21, F75SE, Gold Bug 2.9 & Minelab GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Do you notice that Todd now is only in the office? Want to make expenses, get out of the office and away from the doughnuts and get to work.

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't forget Father or Big Turds Prayer... Oh Lord give us the gold, you know we deserve it so hurry up Lord & gimme gimme gimme :sunny::whip2:

kadookid

Dec 19, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't forget Father or Big Turds Prayer... Oh Lord give us the gold, you know we deserve it so hurry up Lord & gimme gimme gimme :sunny::whip2:

I think GRANDPA has forgot more about Gold than the rest will ever learn.

Underburden

Mar 22, 2012
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Gold Hog Stream Sluice
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Looks like Tony's sluice boxes are pretty mangled up.
I want to see Parker drive over to Tony's dredge and ask the old Viking... "Where are your HYDRAULIC RIFLES""
You know that old wash plant isn't plumbed for it. Come on Christo, write that in the script. :dontknow:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
how many times has Todd's crew done a test pan that made them very happy
then run a few yards impressing them even more,
and the next week they are crying the blues already :laughing7:

OP
OP
AzViper

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
When Toad met with the land owner and the land owner is a highly respected geologist in the area as stated, why would the land owner not convey to Toad that to reach the gold they need to strip the land and get down to the pay streak? Was it the owners plan to use the Hoffman's to strip away the land leaving gold behind for a bigger payday for himself? Did Discovery step in and change these plans? Just seem odd that the owner is a no show for months or is this just an editing error for the drama of which this show is so noted for.

Parker is running his OP by the seat of his ass, just a guessing game for him with lots of earth to move. Will the Viking make good? He will need to recovery over a 1500oz. to break even as his up front cost was 1 million and having to pay the crew.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any one else notice that the 2000 bolts Tony picked up at the airport are made out of the lightest alloy know to man????? " Emptyboxium"......:icon_scratch:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That series "The Dirt" is a total waste of time.

Yea I haven't watched any of that. I figure if it's anything like the first few seasons after Shows,
it's all a waste of space.
I FF through most of the regular shows as it is :tongue3:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any one else notice that the 2000 bolts Tony picked up at the airport are made out of the lightest alloy know to man????? " Emptyboxium"......:icon_scratch:

I ff through everything Tony related so no.
But it doesn't surprise me they would use an empty box,
or someone elses to pretend

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions