GOLD RUSH BEGINS TONIGHT

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Last edited:
Upvote 0

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
again the order in which things happened versus the order
in which they were aired comes into question
for me.

I know the Hoffman's aren't really needed on the work site.
they don't do any work anyway.
but with the need to do Record clean-outs this year,
did they really need to go to El Dorado in the middle of their season ? ?
add to that Who did the Clean up at Camp ?

Turin produced it for everyone to see . Did Jack actually let Turin do the Clean-out ?
perhaps that's why there was more there. Jack didn't get to Hide a jar from the crew :tongue3:
I actually believe the only reason they went to El Dorado because they already
ended their season & won the right to search at El Dorado with their record year.

As for getting skunked at El Dorado :tongue3: they checked one area.
which could have been above the gold line.
not real test.
I wonder if Todd will make a Promise of record Gold from El Dorado next season.

Parker... when the second truck got a tire leak they complained they may have 2 trucks down ?
Yea right ! They never heard of taking a tire from the first truck Down
to keep the 2nd. Running ?
My guess Tire Problems are Normal & they just squeezed all into one show for Drama before showing their Clean out.

where was Parker during all the truck problems ?
did they say ? I fast forwarded allot again So
don't know if I missed him saying he was going somewhere or
if he actually went for tires.
already knowing they had a record clean-out and were going to need more anyway.

I doubt all these problems happened on one shift
and Parker wasn't threatening the crew :laughing7:

With breaks to bang my head against the Imaginary wall.
Took me 30 Minutes to get through last nights show.
that's longer then most episodes :thumbsup:

Last edited:

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
that's longer then most episodes :thumbsup:[/QUOTE]

Jeff I knew you would finnaly get to likeing the show sooner or latter! :)

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that's longer then most episodes :thumbsup:
Jeff I knew you would finnaly get to likeing the show sooner or latter! :)
[/QUOTE]

I liked the show since Season 1.
I just tell it as it is in my eyes :laughing7:

Only ones I didn't like were "Dakota" Fred Hurt & Beets.

Parker & his pap get on my nerves at times,
but mainly when parker is ragging it or when the producers are fawning
all over the old man instead of filming them working.

and since I got the DVR I don't need to deal with that anymore.
I just fast Forward though the trash. .

Last edited:

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
whites, KEENE A52 sluice, 3" dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think the next time Jack gets an idea someone needs to unscrew the light bulb!

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's amazing that people keep watching this show.. if we don't $4 yard... No $6 a yard... no $10 a yard... lol lol lol

waxy luster

Mar 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
El Dorado's availability was contingent upon 316 Mining meeting the lofty goal this season.

Prediction;

With that test being a bust, the crew and equipment will operate at a slower pace after circling the wagons.

It will just so happen that the particular area they're mining at that time sucks & numbers will drop dramatically (of course), but lower hours will be blamed.

Then after conferring with Claim Owner who will needle them about no test pan from just one spot and have second thoughts about next season, a second test will be run with miraculous results, and helmet heads will form prayer circle with Todd offering words of wisdom, or lack thereof.

Etc., ad nauseum.

Treasure Island looks quite filling. With any luck it will pave way for Parker to go on his own. Harvest depends on equipment, though. Mechanics may come and go before then if equipment failure rate was only an indicator of things to come. Enjoy the good times.

Speaking of which, Large Marge The Barge may actually have a week without a shutdown, probably while a certain whiny anything but smooth operator is absent from the helm.

via Tapatalk

triple d

Nov 17, 2013
Central N.H
Detector(s) used
36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, And related gold prospecting equipment
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have to believe. The areas they are working. Are all marginal. You can see where they have been worked over. All the best pay streaks have been taken all ready. The smart miners would"t bother with the slim pickings. If the T.V show wasn"t paying the bills.They all would be long gone by now. Beets said the gold was running out. Thats why he trying to lower his cost. Using the dredge. Same I don"t believe he would let parker.Have any of the claims if they were not Marginal. He would have keep them. And the same with Todds landlord.He"s picked every thing over and left slim pickins. He is laughing all the way to the bank. Its only done to make a T.V show.

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Todd and his very old daddy, are suckers, and should find another line of work. I agree with # 568 with all these comments including that Todd and his daddy pay too much for the rights to dig for gold when the owner knows there is very little gold there. These sites have been work over by many miners, and there is very little gold there. I was outrage from day one, about all the thousands trees and bushes killed, and land destroy that nothing can be grown there. Then the rivers water are destroy for many years to come, and also killing the fish in the water. Shame on them.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was outrage from day one, about all the thousands trees and bushes killed, and land destroy that nothing can be grown there. Then the rivers water are destroy for many years to come, and also killing the fish in the water. Shame on them.

You don't understand anything about mining or the reclamation process. they are not destroying rivers or killing fish. Try doing some research

SchoolOfHardRocks

Apr 30, 2014
Gone, With the Wind
Primary Interest:
Other
Todd and his very old daddy, are suckers, and should find another line of work. I agree with # 568 with all these comments including that Todd and his daddy pay too much for the rights to dig for gold when the owner knows there is very little gold there. These sites have been work over by many miners, and there is very little gold there. I was outrage from day one, about all the thousands trees and bushes killed, and land destroy that nothing can be grown there. Then the rivers water are destroy for many years to come, and also killing the fish in the water. Shame on them.

Looks like youre the sucker for believing all of the environutz' lies...

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

I know that's what you saw on tv Samuel and it's a shame that's all they show. However, after the mining is done, the land is regarded, the top soil is spread back over top and it is replanted. In the Yukon, the government is wanting more moose habitat (moose like shallow ponds much more than forest) so the miners have to build moose-friendly ponds. All of this is strictly enforced by the provincial government.

Also, no one is killing any fish. Really! The out wash of their processing goes into settling ponds, not back into the waterway.

Sooo...relax and enjoy the show bro!

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
# 572. In the mean time, where does the moose and wild animals live and eat and where to go for shelter, food and for drinking water? The animals do not want to live anywhere that all that noise. The big question is: Will these miners make or lose money? Todd is outrages. I went back and forth between Gold Rush and Shark Tank. I did watch Todd son was sick or home sick, and Todd stated that family comes first. In those family, there are wives, including Todd wife, one of them could take the child home or to a hospital. I remember two or three seasons ago. Todd and Daddy was home sick, so they took a 2 weeks vacation leaving the crew to work very hard without them. Outrages. Dave is outrage and should buy them out.

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Todd doesn't do anything there whether he is on site or at home.
in my opinion he is just a waste of space.

apparently last night was just a lead up to add drama to those wondering if he will make his goal.
of course now that they have all that dirt to run from the Mammoth dig,
a week or two from now they will show what they held back and pretend
thy hit the big one.

me ? I'd be happy with that tusk.
I wonder who gets that. Hopefully the operator who dug it.
hopefully not Todd he wasn't even there.

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are the fool who believe that I am a sucker for believing that I believe all these lies that you believe.
Are you confuse as I am?

Huh? Relax brother and get educated before you comment. You obviously are lacking knowledge in some key areas.

blynch35

Sep 6, 2012
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold-N-Sand X-Stream Pro, super mini, super prospector bazooka gold trap sluice's, Thompson 12v Drywasher, royal highbanker, and blue bowl.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If you go to discovery.com dave has a couple short videos on land reclamation one on the process and one for the results. Took me about 2 minutes to do that research. 😀

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Prior to the show there was at least a 5 minute short(during the Gold Dirt segment) explaining and showing all the extensive work done to reclaim the mined areas. Wetlands, lagoons, forest, marsh, free flowing streams and excessive slope grooming to recontour the area back to BETTER condition than when they started. It was torn up before and left to rot in a mess but this time new regs mandate the reclamation FINALLY so get your panties outta their bind and chill out. John

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
# 572. In the mean time, where does the moose and wild animals live and eat and where to go for shelter, food and for drinking water? The animals do not want to live anywhere that all that noise. The big question is: Will these miners make or lose money? Todd is outrages. I went back and forth between Gold Rush and Shark Tank. I did watch Todd was sick or home sick, and Todd stated that family comes first. In those family, there are wives, including Todd wife, one of them could take the child home or to a hospital. I remember two or three seasons ago. Todd and Daddy was home sick, so they took a 2 weeks vacation leaving the crew to work very hard without them. Outrages. Dave is outrage and should buy them out.

Where? In the other 99.95% of the forest of course. And as John says just above, the habitat is designed for critters and clean water when they are done.

Face it, you have this wrong.

Oh, and one other thing, assuming you know that you buy and use gold (the device you are using to read this has at least a US dollar worth of gold in it for example), then the question is not whether we mine but how. Can you suggest a lower impact way of getting gold than placer mining? Nope.

PS I DO agree that Todd is an idiot as miners go.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread