GOLD RUSH BEGINS TONIGHT

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Rockwerx

May 31, 2015
Alberta
Detector(s) used
2 ATG, ATP, JOBE 36 Yellow Jacket Stream Sluice, Jobe EZ Sluice, Garrett pans, lots of buckets!
Primary Interest:
Other
Lots of times when one leases heavy equipment there are extra costs at the end of your lease agreement. For instance, they may weigh the buckets before you start working and then when you are done they weigh it again. Then they charge for the wear factor. I am sure there are extra wear and tear costs for all equipment that they lease.

If you maintain the equipment and have sensible operators one can substantially reduce the costs of leasing. It looks like at least some of their operators know what they are doing.

motohed

Dec 27, 2015
RI
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS , AND OLDER GARRETT'S
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just wish I had tv to be able to watch it , I got rid of it when my children were younger , and just never got it back . I have 4 that are 18 now and a 15 year old still in the the house , my oldest is 28 and married and expecting his own child . I'm happy to be a grampa in training . LOL I just did'nt think at the time and them being 7 or so , that there was anything on they needed to watch .

Last edited:

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They say it is about the weight of the gold in the duel between Parker and Todd. What they do not reveal is the math. My guess is that the Hoffman's operation spends much more to mine than Parker's. So.. It's really about the bottom line in my opinion. Lots of drama. That new host in "the dirt" is a little weird for me.
I still enjoy the show and equipment and of course the AU.

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's MXT, and White's Eagle Spectrum
Cleangold sluice & prospectors pan, EZ-Gold Pan, and custom cleanup sluice.
Primary Interest:
Other
The Hoffmans are out of their minds and we are out of their minds in watching the shows.
That's why I quit watching the stupid show after the first one..... I can't stand the made for tv drama.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Hoffmans are out of their minds and we are out of their minds in watching the shows.

I know it but there is nothing else on T.V on Fridays nights :tongue3:. I did like the next show that came on about dangerous job interviews.

motohed

Dec 27, 2015
RI
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS , AND OLDER GARRETT'S
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would like to take some small equipment and just run the Hoffman's tailings . I bet some of them have more gold in them than what they get out of the sluices .

Rivers rat

Oct 21, 2012
LONDON UK
Detector(s) used
Deus/Laser scout
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know it but there is nothing else on T.V on Fridays nights :tongue3:. I did like the next show that came on about dangerous job interviews.

I agree dont know much about gold mining but i am sure having a double sluicing system will help recovering a bit.............if you recover 1 to 2 % of you season total that ma help to pay for the beers........

RR

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
I would like to take some small equipment and just run the Hoffman's tailings . I bet some of them have more gold in them than what they get out of the sluices .

Im surprised someone hasn't thought of using one of Chuck Lassiters nozzels after they scraped the bedrock clean to get whats left from the cracks..............

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im surprised someone hasn't thought of using one of Chuck Lassiters nozzels after they scraped the bedrock clean to get whats left from the cracks..............
common practice is to break up atleast a foot of bedrock they don't need nozzles

Last edited:

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hate the stupid thirty second segment they have near the end sandwiched between seven minutes of commercials

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Loved Todds reaction when told Parker might buy his claim and be his boss.

spaghettigold

Oct 14, 2013
western sahara
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

would be a worth to try behind toni beets bucket dredge russ.I heard bucket dredges don,t get hard bedrock out efficiently and can leave the creme de la creme behind.

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's MXT, and White's Eagle Spectrum
Cleangold sluice & prospectors pan, EZ-Gold Pan, and custom cleanup sluice.
Primary Interest:
Other
GOOD GOD...... get netflix or something.... or maybe a life....:BangHead:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread