GOLD RUSH BEGINS TONIGHT

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Parker is not designed to be a mine boss. He has no skill or tack. I am sure that after this season most of this crew will leave him like all the others. I only like the Beats because Monica is a cutie hahahah. Todd has that fake bad A## ego that isn't getting him much. I am sure that Todd will succeed though

Yeah, Parker complete ineptness as a boss irritates the @#$% out of me, but the KID just turned 21 and he is figuring all this out as he goes. In the military, you have constant mentor-ship in how to lead and work with all personality types. Parker is in dire need of some!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it wouldn't surprise me if some of the Break downs & repairs they claim for the show are really Preventative Maintenance also.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just let me know when they show pics of all the gold, THAT I would like to see, just the gold.

CA Gold Hunter

Nov 14, 2014
Northern California
Detector(s) used
White's TDI SL, Fors Gold+, Gold Monster 1000, 36" Bazooka Prospector, 30" Bazooka Sniper.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yeah, Parker complete ineptness as a boss irritates the @#$% out of me, but the KID just turned 21 and he is figuring all this out as he goes. In the military, you have constant mentor-ship in how to lead and work with all personality types. Parker is in dire need of some!

I don't quite understand all the hate parkers getting. He's got crew members that think their crap don't stink because they've worked for him for 3 years, are obviously intimidated by a younger worker trying to make himself look good and causing drama while doing crap work themselves. Then he has a Forman that leaves for 2 weeks and comes back with a childish attitude. I would get rid of them all and not look back, your either here to work or gtfo.

They got no room to complain, parker is giving them a job and I bet they are being compensated pretty well for it, I don't see them having the stress of organizing and dealing with the stress on back end of owning a company. He's doing pretty damn well for a 21 year old.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HATE? You seem to lack understanding of what I wrote if think that is hate! It's called frustration. Been in bigger shoes than Parkers, but I understand his problems AND I see where he's screwing up. It's a simple fix, but I can't do it for him so he's going to be figuring it out.

CA Gold Hunter

Nov 14, 2014
Northern California
Detector(s) used
White's TDI SL, Fors Gold+, Gold Monster 1000, 36" Bazooka Prospector, 30" Bazooka Sniper.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm not saying he doesn't have his own issues I just think it's funny all the people that are hating on him for how he is running HIS business. Most all of them have not run their own business and have no room to talk. I wasn't specifically referring to your comment either Jason, just using it as a quote because your frustrated with his lack of experience, but at least you see that he has room to grow. He's young and motivated, I'm sure he'll figure it out.

His crew is out of control though, it may just be for discovery but I would not put up with that kind of crap. Work or don't there's still plenty of people that would take the pay if they can't handle it.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wonder if Discovery is actually the Workers real Boss in this Venture.
Like Gene was Traded at the beginning of the Season & sent to beets
and in turn Parker got all the newbies & an extra Mechanic for Drama

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not saying he doesn't have his own issues I just think it's funny all the people that are hating on him for how he is running HIS business. Most all of them have not run their own business and have no room to talk. I wasn't specifically referring to your comment either Jason, just using it as a quote because your frustrated with his lack of experience, but at least you see that he has room to grow. He's young and motivated, I'm sure he'll figure it out.

His crew is out of control though, it may just be for discovery but I would not put up with that kind of crap. Work or don't there's still plenty of people that would take the pay if they can't handle it.

Parker wants to be everybody's friend and doesn't understand why that doesn't work. You can't be a tyrant, you can't be a buddy. You have to be both, and a counselor, and a mentor. Every person has their own needs out of a leader. Some need a smile to be motivate, other need a boot in the butt. Many need both depending on the situation. Parker is going to continue having crew problems until he figures that out, or until he lets his foreman do his damn job because he seems to understand this already but Parker is not letting him.

Oh well, it's his world and we're just watching.

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
whites, KEENE A52 sluice, 3" dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I understand with Parker on some of his frustration it is his money on the line. He does need to chill a little. Also needs to talk to the new mechanic and tell him to drop the knows every thing attitude. I've worked with guy's like that! All I can say is industrial accident! Parker needs to learn when to be a friend and when to be a boss and let people do their job.

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tony's gonna buy another dredge, I wonder if he couldn't lease the ground where it sits, instead of tearing it down and moving it.

It looks to be bigger than the other one, I don't know if I can watch his crew tear down another one.

Todd gets a lot of air time, but never when he is working, does he do anything??

Go Parker.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Parker wants to be everybody's friend and doesn't understand why that doesn't work. You can't be a tyrant, you can't be a buddy. You have to be both, and a counselor, and a mentor. Every person has their own needs out of a leader. Some need a smile to be motivate, other need a boot in the butt. Many need both depending on the situation. Parker is going to continue having crew problems until he figures that out, or until he lets his foreman do his damn job because he seems to understand this already but Parker is not letting him.

Oh well, it's his world and we're just watching.
YES!! this right here. It is sooo difficult to be the boss of friends I've had to do it it doesn'k work out all that well. I will say that he has to be a hard ass And was too easy on Rick. If that situation was even real. But, notice how much they like working for him at clean up time.

Did anyone notice that the helicopter that Tony flew around in was on the ground at the Hoffmans site? I realize it is most likely for the production crew and Tont "made use of it" I have the feeling these guys see eachother way more often than is portrayed. I will say that The hoffmandscosts must be rediculous even with their cleanups the running cost vs. the take just doesn't add up. I watch for the cleanups and to see the plants running. and the dredge I think it is very cool to see it working. Even if Tony is probably 2 million into it and won't make it back for years. Very intersting how all of a sudden when they never complained about too little flow, have showed several normal clean ups with not a single complaint of lack of sluice flow until now and it looks like their running the thing with a 3 inch harbor freight special. And they are how far into the season. " I never liked the way it was" says Tony..... " " I just don't understand what they did" says Gene ....Come on

I will keep watching but, it is geeting more and more fabricated for sure....Mining is too boring for t.v.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, didn't they just install a pump bypass because they had too much water? Think a lot of this is creative editing done after the filming.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, didn't they just install a pump bypass because they had too much water? Think a lot of this is creative editing done after the filming.
Yes jason Yes they sure as hell did:occasion14:

triple d

Nov 17, 2013
Central N.H
Detector(s) used
36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, And related gold prospecting equipment
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
One more conveyor and i think they will be on parkers claim. LoL

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I still have a hard time believing his call on the repair didn't work

Last edited by a moderator:

jcazgoldchaser

May 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How do they manage to script in all these machinery failures?
The made up ones, or the real ones?
The dozer with the pan leak, that they had to replace the pan rather than simply braze it? Did we ever see an actual leak? Fixed it with caulk? Really?
The conveyor belts? "Looks like that belt is starting to go, let the material pile up till it fails".
The plastic gear assembly? I gots one of those in my mini-mill. It's there to keep the motor from getting frawked. Guess what happens to that conveyor motor when something seizes the next time?

"My pencil broke, I need to get a new one". "No, wait. Go back and hold the pieces together as you write a letter to save the orphan baby whales. Then pretend to break it, then throw it, the table and a few chairs around and stomp off in a big hussy fit". "I could say "this is a complete deal breaker". "That's gold Jerry, GOLD".

OP
OP
AzViper

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Having started this thread back in Oct. of 2014 its amazing it continues. However you look at this show and its miners they are all paid actors. The investors are dictating what we see week after week. Like all reality shows drama is written into the script. I find it unbelievable that at the start of last years show the Hoffman's arrived broke and no claim, yet within a matter of a few shows they had millions of dollar of brand new equipment. The 1.2 million they earned would not support the amount of equipment, fuel, food, breakdowns, etc. and weekly paychecks if all are not being supported by Discovery. Remember this is cables #1 show and with that those advertising dollars are what are buying the equipment. The investors are making huge amounts of money. I would not be surprised that there is a yard full of new equipment at the actors/miners disposal. A few years back a new high volume pump was needed by one of the crews. When I looked online these pumps were built on paid order and took months to have built, yet the pump was found locally, BS... A used Caterpillar Bulldozer D11 with 11,000 hrs. cost $1,400,000.00, Volvo A25D Rock truck with 4000 hrs. $120,000.00 and the Hoffman's have 6 of these rock trucks. Not to mention I believe the Hoffman's this year have had to get two more stacker's to lengthen where they dump all the tailings.

Last edited:

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
I still have a hard time believing his call on the repair didn't work
I think that even though they used the 5 min. epoxy they should have waited longer for it to cure evenly. Time is money BUT ive used this method before on different projects BUT I waited over night and it worked for me. BUT who the heck am I ???????

waxy luster

Mar 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think that even though they used the 5 min. epoxy they should have waited longer for it to cure evenly. Time is money BUT ive used this method before on different projects BUT I waited over night and it worked for me. BUT who the heck am I ???????
Toddgic vs Logic

via Tapatalk

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread