GOLD RUSH BEGINS TONIGHT

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really, Parker's a douchebag and has no loyalty to his crew. It was obvious when he made that remark that he couldn't care less who made him money. He defintely doesn't deserve Rick on his team.
scripted or not his crew *****es about everything he does??? loyalty.......who wills the pan at the end of the day? the boss? the crew?the machines? or the ground? Its a combination of all? ....His crew *****es a lot...they are all older than him and he's the boss. twenty one with a bona fide operation. The crew needs to shut the hell up nothing has been handed to Parker (as far as the screen shows)

motohed

Dec 27, 2015
RI
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS , AND OLDER GARRETT'S
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
scripted or not his crew *****es about everything he does??? loyalty.......who wills the pan at the end of the day? the boss? the crew?the machines? or the ground? Its a combination of all? ....His crew *****es a lot...they are all older than him and he's the boss. twenty one with a bona fide operation. The crew needs to shut the hell up nothing has been handed to Parker (as far as the screen shows)

Like I said before love him or hate him , he gets the job done . This is the spirit of a true boss , I've run through a lot of people in business , most take it to personal . It's not personal just do what your asked , don't think collect your pay , continue working if not there is another @$$ to take the seat . I was big business and it was my way or the highway , when I was paying . I know thats tough for some to understand , but thats the way it works . I won't say I was alway right , but they were my mistakes to learn no elses . Thats just the facts ,too many people get cought up with age , but Parker has been mining longer than anyone who has worked for him , case in fact . Put yourself in Parkers shoes would you take greef off of people working for you , if you would then you would fail . For what I have seen Rick has been paid well with extra for hanging in there in the past , Just saying he's the only one I've ever seen Parker give a bonus too , That says a lot about Parker , and his appreciation for Rick . I was Parker back in the day , and I don't regret a thing , if you deserved it you got it , Not a pat on the back it was a cash bonus , they all new who they were and they stuck by me through think and thin .

Last edited:

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I liked the look on Todd's face in the preview of next week when he was told Parker might buy the land! KODAK MOMENT!!! ??? :BangHead:

Another boring show. I believe that Parker does not have all that money to purchase the Claim which is not worth that much money.

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Like I said before love him or hate him , he gets the job done . This is the spirit of a true boss , I've run through a lot of people in business , most take it to personal . It's not personal just do what your asked , don't think collect your pay , continue working if not there is another @$$ to take the seat . I was big business and it was my way or the highway , when I was paying . I know thats tough for some to understand , but thats the way it works . I won't say I was alway right , but they were my mistakes to learn no elses . Thats just the facts ,too many people get cought up with age , but Parker has been mining longer than anyone who has worked for him , case in fact . Put yourself in Parkers shoes would you take greef off of people working for you , if you would then you would fail . For what I have seen Rick has been paid well with extra for hanging in there in the past , Just saying he's the only one I've ever seen Parker give a bonus too , That says a lot about Parker , and his appreciation for Rick . I was Parker back in the day , and I don't regret a thing , if you deserved it you got it , Not a pat on the back it was a cash bonus , they all new who they were and they stuck by me through think and thin .

Me too. And back in the "days"...I had the opportunity of being in charge of over a half dozen people with the city in Ak that were hired after me and had received a substantial reduction in wages/benefits compared to me and well after I was hired. I got almost 3 months of sick & annual leave when and they got less than two weeks per yr and they wanted me to be in charge of those people for 5% more $ in pay. OMG I don't think so, so no and I ran off and left em hanging which is what "they" created. Oh don't get me started. :BangHead:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another boring show. I believe that Parker does not have all that money to purchase the Claim which is not worth that much money.

just competitive drama created by the producers.

as for money, my guess the old man and his parents would foot the bill
if Parker really is interested.

Last edited:

motohed

Dec 27, 2015
RI
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think that Parker and Tony are the only ones up there that are truly looking for Gold , that have the ability to get it . They will still be mining , after the show is done .

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
whites, KEENE A52 sluice, 3" dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They showed last night that the Hoffman's weren't taking enough bed rock! How much of that claim did this happen on? My bet 90% they probably left more gold than they took. And when they had the drill maps out it showed them going side to side on the maps instead of going with the drill lines. Common sense tells me to follow the drill holes where it shows the gold? I think Todd should learn how to read a map! ???

motohed

Dec 27, 2015
RI
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They showed last night that the Hoffman's weren't taking enough bed rock! How much of that claim did this happen on? My bet 90% they probably left more gold than they took. And when they had the drill maps out it showed them going side to side on the maps instead of going with the drill lines. Common sense tells me to follow the drill holes where it shows the gold? I think Todd should learn how to read a map! ???

I would say , I new it , just from seeing a few past episodes . I wish I could watch the series . They are in it for the Show , not the Gold . Just saying .

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The show tonight was just about the Beets, boring. They are one ugly couple.

I had a hunch from what the online guide said.
needless to say, but I will. I didn't record and watch it .
I have no , anything, for beets or the man pretending to be his wife

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think I can get the channel since I gave up cable, there's a lot of buffering or interference...kinda like real life.
Thanks for the up dates.

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not impressed with last night's episode. Didn't care about Tony's child hood.

G

ghostminer

Previews for next week hinted that Hoffman may go back to Oregon to check a claim to mine on. Not sure what the Regs are like in Oregon but if they are anything like California he may have a problem unless he keeps the scale way down.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Previews for next week hinted that Hoffman may go back to Oregon to check a claim to mine on. Not sure what the Regs are like in Oregon but if they are anything like California he may have a problem unless he keeps the scale way down.

Hoffman isnt a miner. The day the show ends, so will his "mining". He probably will go to oregon to pretend to mine next year.

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I often wondered why someone who never mined would go to Alaska. In way over their heads to mine when they had good gold in their back yard. I guess they wanted to soar before they had wings.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I often wondered why someone who never mined would go to Alaska. In way over their heads to mine when they had good gold in their back yard. I guess they wanted to soar before they had wings.

The whole idea of the show was to sell a dream. You don't dream of your back yard, you dream of distant places. Thats why they went to Alaska, and then Africa, and the Canadian Yukon.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread