GOLD RUSH BEGINS TONIGHT

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Last edited:
Upvote 0

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm feeling like this will be the last season , unless something changes . From I what i"ve read in this posts , it sounds like the production of the show has gone in the toilet . I know , I'm going off of posts here . This show has been on barrowed time since last season . They all get fluky and then that the end . I hope I'm wrong as I love to see the equipment run , but let's face it , it's had a good run .

No way it ends this year. It's the number 1 show on cable on Friday. Number 1!

utah mason

Jul 10, 2015
utah
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Cracks me up Todd finds one nugget, and it's a done deal. He's lucky to have someone like Freddy that uses his head for something other then just a place to hold his hat ; ) Todd says he hasn't forgotten the jungle but look how quickly he was ready to pull the trigger on this claim. I would hate to see what forgetting looks like.

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
whites, KEENE A52 sluice, 3" dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I liked the look on Todd's face when Freddy said the word Guayana. If I were Dave I think I would find a new partner. It appears that Todd get's the fever at the sight of a piece of gold. Granted it was a nice piece, but Todd's brain go faster than reality. Maybe he should look a little harder before he leaps. After Guayana he should realize hitting bottom hurts! :sadsmiley:

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cracks me up Todd finds one nugget, and it's a done deal. He's lucky to have someone like Freddy that uses his head for something other then just a place to hold his hat ; ) Todd says he hasn't forgotten the jungle but look how quickly he was ready to pull the trigger on this claim. I would hate to see what forgetting looks like.

scripted

wildminer

Dec 2, 2015
Jefferson Coast
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
looks like this is the place in Oregon where they were testing.
HIGH BAR GOLD MINE
looks like this group has bought up most of the claims in the area.
high bar mining, baker county, Oregon 12S 39E sec's 14,15,22,23,26,27
might be a good spot to prospect for a claim maybe downhill or close by

trying to learn to make a kml for google earth; View attachment 1274938
just east of the town of Burnt River

According to the Baker City Herald they will be filming some segments in southern Baker County and have applied for a permit for a large bunkhouse. It is on a working claim. This is the same county that the Ghost Mine show was filmed. Good for the economy I guess, but sheesh, it is too close to my elk hunting ground.

G

ghostminer

Tony Beets gets paid $500K per year for being on that show, Todd is paid slightly higher as is Parker. As far as mining fees go, the network foots the bill as advertising revenues are sky high for this program. In the real world of mining, after the Guyana season they would have lost millions and been finished.

Last edited:

Underburden

Mar 22, 2012
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Gold Hog Stream Sluice
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hunter Hoffman has to be the luckiest metal detectorist in the USA.
He was swinging the coil like he was weed wackin and still finds a salted nugget.

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
In the real world of mining, after the Guyana season they would have lost millions and been finished. Discovery was not happy about footing the bill for that large of a disaster and has them on a short leash.

Discovery knew going in to the Guyana season that new placer mines had been outlawed. They knew there would be no gold or anything else found that season as did every professional miner on the planet. Myself and thousands of others were laughing when they announced the adventure of "mining" in Guyana.

Guyana was closed to mining the year before so the producers got a movie permit and put Todd and "crew" on an already mined parcel. If they had actually tried to placer mine gold or diamonds their movie permit and visas would have been cancelled and their media production bond seized.

This is pure entertainment. A fun gold mining adventure for non miners. Enjoy it, fantasize but always remember the truth is far from the story you are being told.

Heavy Pans

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it would be more thrilling to watch people panning at one of the gold & prospecting club sites, at lest it would be real.

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold Buddy drywasher, Black Magic, Pro Gold recirc, Custom highbanker/2.5" dredge, Roadrunner Member
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hunter Hoffman has to be the luckiest metal detectorist in the USA.
He was swinging the coil like he was weed wackin and still finds a salted nugget.

I couldn't believe how he was swinging that thing.

Rivers rat

Oct 21, 2012
LONDON UK
Detector(s) used
Deus/Laser scout
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look it started swinging a euroace or whatever then next minute it is the PI......................lol well scripted and cut,but the tailings being the dredge towards the trees are bigger so it is actually working...

RR

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tony Beets gets paid $500K per year for being on that show, Todd is paid slightly higher as is Parker. As far as mining fees go, the network foots the bill as advertising revenues are sky high for this program. In the real world of mining, after the Guyana season they would have lost millions and been finished.
Do these three share this money with their employees? This is shocking news to me.

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Once the Hoffman crew starts ripping in Oregon with one of those D-10's Yukon style, I predict a whole new breed of Reality TV shows starring one of the wonderful and opportunistic environmental extremist organizations. We all get to tune in and watch the all new "Sue and Settle" on Animal Planet.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are willing to put on TV what ever we are we willing to watch! .....up grade!!!!

waxy luster

Mar 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a miracle. No, it's another miracle. No, wai- . . .

via Tapatalk

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I watch very little of this show, instead, I watch Shark Tank, very interesting. I believe that the end of the season is coming soon. It will be a miracle when this show is off TV for good.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
....another one bites the dust.
Pity they can't get it right.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread